What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Belles

Retire Member
Has anyone read any books by Michael Lee West, I listed a few of her titles below?
I want to read one and see if I like her.

Mermaids in the Basement
American Pie: A Novel
She Flew the Coop
Mad Girls in Love
Crazy Ladies: A Novel
Consuming Passions: A food Obsessed Life

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ahorsesoul - Try to start with The Eyre Affair: A Thursday Next Novel, Jasper Fforde
Happy Reading!

Have it ordered. Thanks

UPDATE: Will start The Eyre Affair tonight.

Last edited:

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Right now in the Library sits, Valentine Day Murder by Leslie Meier. I also ordered St. Patrick's Day Murder also by her. I picked up that one already, however don't want to start to read it until I read the valentine's day one first. Trying to read them in order. I went to the Library Yesterday, and because of the Snow, they opened up 3 hrs. later than usual. I was A LITTLE EARLY, so I decided to pick it up another day as I didn't know what time it was, didn't have my watch on, hope they are good, anyone read either one?

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
My daughter bought me a book called "90 minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. It's a true story of death and life. I've heard great reviews about it. Has anyone else read it yet?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm reading Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris. It's the 2nd in the Harper Connelly series .

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Right now in the Library sits, Valentine Day Murder by Leslie Meier. I also ordered St. Patrick's Day Murder also by her. I picked up that one already, however don't want to start to read it until I read the valentine's day one first. Trying to read them in order. I went to the Library Yesterday, and because of the Snow, they opened up 3 hrs. later than usual. I was A LITTLE EARLY, so I decided to pick it up another day as I didn't know what time it was, didn't have my watch on, hope they are good, anyone read either one?

I have not read those 2 but have read several others by her and liked them.

I have 2 I am reading but one is moms so I am less on a time line than the other that is a 14 day loan from the library. I got "Pirate Latitudes" my Michael Chrighton and am reading "Saint" by Ted Dekker. Saint is moms, I really like the Dekker books twist endings on all of them.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Finished 16 Lighthouse Road. It is the first in the Cedar Cove Series. It was really good. Now I am reading The Christmas Cookie Club at home and Patrick Swayze & Lisa Niemi: The Time of My Life, at school.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Printersdevil -- I am with you! I like murder mysteries! It is fun to try to figure out what is going on.

Have you read the Sue Grafton series -- about a woman private investigator? I think her name is KINSEY MILHOUN. THEY ARE EXCELLENT! FUN READING!

I JUST READ A BOOK BY JODI PICULT. SHE IS HIGHLY REGARDED BY A LOT OF PEOPLE (AND IS A NYTIMES BEST-SELLING AUTHOR - SO I GUESS - SORRY ABOUT THE ALL-CAPS. I GUESS PEOPLE BUY HER BOOKS.) THIS BOOK IS "THE TENTH CIRCLE".

Anyway - I found the book VERY upsetting. Anybody else read anything by her?

Cmerth -- how was "The Chase" by Clive Cussler?

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
I'm reading Valentine Murder by Leslie Murder, it's pretty good. The next one to read is St. Patrick's Day murder, should be just as good. She's a good Author.

Belles

Retire Member
You guys that love to read some of the same books should start a book swap; you could exchange books with each other, always sign the front or back cover and when the book finally ends up back at home, you can see every where it has visited.
Just a thought.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've been on a reading kick the last week or so - finished 1633 (alternate history SF) and then read Freakonomics and The 19th Wife about the 19th wife of Brigham Young. Also the current Diana Galbadon on my Kindle.

Don't know what I'll start reading next.....

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Do you have a great bargain place for books? I think I have told you many times -- that our local public libraries have bookshelves set up in their entranceways. And cans, with slots, for collecting money People bring in books that they have acquired -- and want to get rid of. They put those books on the shelves. And other people can buy them for 50 cents paperback and $1.00 for hard backs. People put the money in the can. And the money in the can goes to the library -- to buy new books for the library to lend out!

I also buy books at yard sales. And -- of course -- at bookstores! I give books to friends. (ESPECIALLY if I really enjoy reading the book.)

I just bought SIX paperback books at the library -- for $3. I'LL tell you if any of them are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.