After Christmas Bargains

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well today bright and early headed out for some day after Christmas bargain hunting. Here's a couple of things I noted:

1. Retailers are scaling back on how much stuff they stock up on for Christmas which means fewer left over 50% off items afterwards. (BUT still found some good stuff...just less to choose from and more hunting)

2. Fewer people seemed to be out and about...economy most likey made it hard to have any budget left for after Christmas shopping.

3. Stores continue to have trouble coding in sales etc...ALWAYS watch at check out to see that the correct price is enrtered....saves tons of time...instead of having to go to service desk etc.

Walmart:

Some cute glasses, candle sets (Santa and Snowman), a holiday train set, Christmas socks, Christmas cards, foot spa stuff, makeup brushes, holiday sheets (7.50), Little Christmas crayons, straws, mazes, and a holiday throw, two bath sets, perfume,

Target: Betty Bop socks, wooden peg game, Sip Bo game, uno game, scategories travel game, boxers, wrapping paper, moose ornament, Chiefs checker game, Rams dart game,

K Mart: Necklace set, Penguin ornament, 2 Rudolph Ornaments,

Michaels: Grinch plate to color, shadow box set (4), Paris wooden box.looks like book,

Gordmans: Naughty or Nice Santa, two angel ornaments, angel light, snowflake tree (rustic), peppermint drink mix, coco mix,

Walgreens: Singing Dog, Angel tree topper,

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We didn't head out until about 9.

At Wal-Mart I got some name tags, 1 box of cards, some craft items for Jaymee to use with the kids at school, wreaths for each window if we use them, (my parents always did that on each window) and then Allen got a ton of LED lights. Wanting to re-do all outside lights in LED. We got between 80-90 boxes. We just need the small blue for the manger and then chasing ones.

At K-Mart got cards, peguin towels for Jaymee and a couple of dish rags, red bulbs to make Santas, and got Jaymee a peguin ornament.

This afternoon Ryan and I ran to Nashville and returned some clothes and then got some different jeans and then we got home and mom, Allen, Ryan and I went to Mt. Vernon. We returned clothes for Ryan and got him a few replacements, then we got a tree, some plush throws~snowman for $2.50 that wasn't out this a.m.. I got 5 and people were asking where they were. A worker told me they got them out of the tralier. They were finding Christmas stuff in there and was bringing stuff out to move.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
All we have here is Walmart and General Dollar...

I bought some ornaments at DG the other day for 50% off.

Today I got some candles at Walmart for 50% off.

I hope to make more items this year...

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I was out birthday shopping today, but didn't buy any Christmas stuff. I had DH with me and..well....he's not the most patient shopper.

I did run into Dollar Tree and all of their stuff was 50% off, making their wrapping paper $.50 per roll.

All of Wal-Marts stuff was 50% off, but I didn't get a chance to see what they had. Last year I was able to stock up on their large bath baskets that are normally $20 for like $5. I used 2 of them this year for the kids teacher gifts. :snowman2:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Went to Target yesterday and bought all kinds of ribbon and wrapping paper. I also got some kitchen towels and flannel boxers for my daughter.

I think I'll go to K-Mart today when I get off work.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I noticed our Walmart had all their Christmas toys half off and I also got the Shiatsu Massage Cushion for half off. Yesterday evening when we went we noticed that they had the holiday BHG quilt sets for half off as well so they were $12 for a quilt and shams. I got a green one that doesn't look Christmasy so I can use it all year if I want. They come in a quilted tote bag too.

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
Not a lot of Christmas items left around here. Actually, Walmart was out of garland a week before Christmas! At Target, I was able to buy their brands of handsoap that had a little ornament on the label and a Nutmeg smell and some pine for .34 cents. Their mouthwash that also had an ornament on the label was also .34 cents. I heard it is at 75% off now, I can look a little harder for that!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I noticed our Walmart had all their Christmas toys half off and I also got the Shiatsu Massage Cushion for half off. Yesterday evening when we went we noticed that they had the holiday BHG quilt sets for half off as well so they were $12 for a quilt and shams. I got a green one that doesn't look Christmasy so I can use it all year if I want. They come in a quilted tote bag too.

I'm going to have to check our WM for this. I paid $15 for mine last year but that's still a good price...Thanks Jess for the reminder...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Our Wal-Mart had the quilts for $9 a set. From Sun. a.m. to Sun. p.m they had diffferent stuff out and then when Jaymee and I were there on Tues. night they had still more different Christmas items out. Dishes and stuff. It wasn't out before Christmas.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I got a bunch of stuff from Walmart:
4 Christmas quilts - 2 different designs for us and one for each of the kids.
2 dips bowls with small plates - to be used as teachers gifts for next year
3 boxes of Christmas Cards, 3 rolls wrapping paper, name tags and gift boxes.
6 Boxes of Led lights.

Target:
Box of Christmas cards (you can never have too many)
Hersey kisses and M&Ms.

Going to go check out another Walmart and the Christmas Tree Shoppe tomorrow.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got some great buys at our mall. Overall I was very disappointed by how little there was around, and managed to pick up a few bargains.

3 pairs of Christmas boxers for 1.25 each, wrap, cards, tags and boxes all reduced so I will be right for wrapping next years gifts. Got bubble bath and talc sets, some nice candles, some cute voucher books for the kids. They say things like, 1 day off without cleaning, breakfast in bed etc, and they were 75cents. I got a bunch of pen, pencils and erasers, silly stocking fillers.
Nice to have a few things in the gift closet before the end of the year.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I found a cute little gift store that was going out of business....everything 50% off.

I picked up four stocking stuffers and two elf gifts....all for 9.80
Greay buys!

I most likely could have found more stuff but I have pretty much exhausted my post Christmas shopping budget. :(

It's all good though...got lots of bargains...a great start and there will be plenty more bargains throughout the year!

Holly Molly

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2010
Small town America
I guess I should stop by WM tomorrow to see what's still there. I did find a few craft projects and supplies at the local craft show today for very little $. I hope WM has some quilts in my store - I know exactly who I'd get one for.

Blue Christmas

Retire Member
Dec 22, 2010
I am envious of all the after Christmas items everyone has found. I didn't get a chance this year... But I did go to Walgreens today for cold medicine and was surprised to find remnants of half-off items. I got a few boxes of glittery, flat ornaments to send out with Christmas cards, 12 for $1.25. They are pretty filigree reindeer, trees, stars and words... If I try to buy one more roll of wrapping paper, I do believe my hubby will serve divorce papers!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
There isn't much I needed so I am trying to resist all the bargains. I got candles, bows and boxes. I think I have enough wrapping paper to last me three years! I refuse to buy another Christmas tote and all mine are full.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
BlueChristmas, I agree. I am at the stage where I am smuggling in Christmas paper. It has to stop. I feel an intervention will be arranged soon.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Our Walmart went to 75% off this morning. Came home with WAY TOO MUCH stuff but I hadn't bought very much at Target, etc. at 50% off.

The quilt sets were $5.88! I bought two for my DD and one for a friend.

I found some great items for my DD's ice-skating party. They had battery powered light sets that are SNOWFLAKES. PERFECT for decorating! I also bought Snowman Tic Tac Toe sets.

I found lots of ribbon! Red for Valentine's Day and white and blue for my DD's birthday gifts and to use on the treat bags.

Now I need to get busy anf figure out where to put all the junk...I mean treasures that I bought. LOL.

Glenda

Patricia

Retire Member
This is the first time I've been out since Christmas, so needless to say, didn't find much.

At the Hallmark store, I found a pretty Keepsake angel for 1/2 off. She'll go into the gift closet.

At Wal-Mart picked up goodie bags for next year. Those were .06 each after 75% off.

And, that's it! Well, besides the groceries....

Happy Gleaning of Bargains to everyone else!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
After work today I went to a few stores and got some items for 50% off. Our Dollar Store had their computer paper 42 sheets that is normally $1 for 50 cents and found some items to use on crafts at other stores.

Blue Christmas

Retire Member
Dec 22, 2010
BlueChristmas, I agree. I am at the stage where I am smuggling in Christmas paper. It has to stop. I feel an intervention will be arranged soon.

Too funny! ...maybe the declutter club has a rehab/detox program for paper smugglers like us...