Debt Busting by Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Love languages come from book a I read. There are 5 Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Quality Time. Gary Chapman is the author of The 5 Love Languages.

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love that book - was so helpful early in our marriage. Highly recommended, and I often give it as gifts! :)

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I love that book too! My love language is words of affirmation, DH is physical touch. I tell him to whisper sweet nothings to me if he wants his shoulders rubbed. :p

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Love languages come a book I read. There are 5 Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Quality Time. Gary Chapman is the author of The 5 Love Languages.

You know I remember reading that years ago, but I haven't read it since I had children. I should reread it with them in mind. I think they may even have a separate book that focuses on children.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have never heard of this book. Will see if I can find out more.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've heard of it, but have never read it. I'll see if the library has it. I need an inspirational read, and it will help me with my students, too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had a quick look at the library for Language of Love, and there were many possibilities. Who is the author please?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Jody, I will look for that at my local library.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
My oldest dd uses the jar/envelope system and it really works,,,being on mat leave with 3 little ones at home money is tight. She also joined a fb group, local, that posts anything free! So if your looking for big asks or little asks , if you have it you can offer it to that person for free. I've seen so many help each other out from food, diapers, furniture to home / car repairs it's an amazing group. Now the group meets every wed at a playground and they are getting to know each other..pretty cool.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
p.a, the fB group sounds really good. I like to see people help each other out and it also saves things from going to waste.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Me to Katrina. There is an amazing man here who has been battling cancer for a few years. He has a bucket list and on it was to help as many people as he could. So one Christmas he asked on fb to submit names/wishes for children who's family didn't have much. Then he picked a few and ordered gifts online and had them delivered to the families. The next year he went further and opened a 'store' where everything is free!!!! They take donations all year around, run it just like a store with fitting rooms and your allowed to pick 10 things each visit for free. No judegement .... The store has a few fundraisers to get rent money and accepts monetary donations. My oldest dd took her daughter there to donate a few things , she's teaching her to give. While she was there the workers asked Em if there was anything she would like. My dd let her pick out a few things and she picked up a few clothes the boys could use.
She has gone a few times now but makes sure she donates toys/clothes each time.

Reactions: Skippy1707

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
P.A - Wouldn't it be nice if the overstuffed thrift stores did this on occasions. Special nights for those in need.

Reactions: Skippy1707

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, that is an amazing idea. I am sure that there are thrift stores that can do this.
I am always looking for different charities that I can donate to. Our library was doing a food drive last year, I am not sure if they will do that again this year.
Our local KMart has a giving tree that will start accepting donations towards the end of October/early November. Besides that I am not sure how to donate to charities this year.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
It is amazing,,,, they have posted pics of people ( with their permission) of people who were outfitted for job interviews or going looking for work...it just warms the heart. I like to donate my stuff there now because it really is non-profit.