HHP 2018 - Week 3: Me and Mine Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Finishing the Master bedroom and bath has got to be an awesome feeling, Minta! Enjoy the break this week. Painting a room is such an undertaking.
Thanks ... my DH and I were talking the other night and we both agreed that it now feels like "Our" bedroom instead of A bedroom. I am excited to be able to decorate our bedroom for Christmas this year :)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Okay Minta, tells us what color you painted the rooms. I have painted the main areas of the house a gray color and am trying to decide what to paint the bedrooms. We want to sell the house in the spring and I need to keep that in mind, as not every one would like my colors. Will probably stay with the gray, maybe change the shade.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Okay Minta, tells us what color you painted the rooms. I have painted the main areas of the house a gray color and am trying to decide what to paint the bedrooms. We want to sell the house in the spring and I need to keep that in mind, as not every one would like my colors. Will probably stay with the gray, maybe change the shade.

Went with a darker grey (Iron Mountain) and light grey (white metal).

Attachments

• bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 9
  • bathroom1.jpg
    bathroom1.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh I like those colors! Inspires me to continue with my plan of gray and just vary the shades, Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I like those colors too as well as the check curtains.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice colors with the flooring and the curtains!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks Ladies. It took us a while to find and agree on the curtains/shower curtain but we are glad we waited as we love how everything turned out. Next mission is to find a new grey comforter for the bed that will go with the room colors LOL

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes those colors look great! I love how wood items really pop in a grey room! We have all warm colors (reds, browns and yellows) in our own house but the house we are putting up for rent right now we are going to paint in grays. I wish I could go as dark as what Minta did but it is a rental so I have to stay more neutral. Looking at Sherwin Williams Agreeable Grey (which I've seen in combo with Iron Mountain) and Mindful Grey as well as a few others in that color family. Liking the darker colors so much I'm considering repainting a couple rooms here at home as well. But not today! :)

Last edited:

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Are you able to get up a little earlier in the morning and maybe tackle a few things then?
Well I get up between 3:30 amd 4 AM every day. So I don’t think I can get up any earlier. At that time I can’t make a lot of noise because My husband is sleeping. He usually gets up around 530 or six and I leave between six and 6:30 for work.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
That is a full day for sure!