HHP - 2018 - Week 7: Bedding and Bath Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I did the linen closets last month we just redid our master bathroom a few weeks ago. I do however need to steam mop the floors and clean the windows in each bathroom.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Declutter, clean and organize the bathrooms. DONE
  • Declutter, clean and organize linen closet. DONE
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Start stocking up on bathroom basics and cold/flu supplies. Started this on Saturday. Target was out of most of the cold/flu supplies which has me a bit concerned. There were empty shelves. :eek: I hope to hit Walmart this week with better results.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards. DONE
  • Work on Thanksgiving Prep List. DONE

Still to do:
  • Keep working on stocking stuffers and gift list.
  • Continue to do the work on spruce up list
  • Order Christmas Stamps

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Sounds weird...but I want to get my ceiling and window seal painted with Kilz...so I can paint it. Our bathroom has been torn apart for years. I'm over it..and taking steps to do something, even if it's not remodeled like it needs to be. I'm hoping if I take this step while my hubby is out of town this week he'll proceed to do SOMETHING!!

My linen closet just needs to be organized a tad..it's not bad. I do need to toss some towels though, so I'll commit to doing that as well this week. I usually donate them to the animal shelter so I'll bag them up. I'm actually driving by the animal shelter this week so it's the perfect time to get that done.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Sounds weird...but I want to get my ceiling and window seal painted with Kilz...so I can paint it. Our bathroom has been torn apart for years. I'm over it..and taking steps to do something, even if it's not remodeled like it needs to be. I'm hoping if I take this step while my hubby is out of town this week he'll proceed to do SOMETHING!!

My linen closet just needs to be organized a tad..it's not bad. I do need to toss some towels though, so I'll commit to doing that as well this week. I usually donate them to the animal shelter so I'll bag them up. I'm actually driving by the animal shelter this week so it's the perfect time to get that done.

Kilz is great! We used it when we moved into our house to cover the soot on the walls from the previous owners.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This evening has been quite productive. Bathroom cabinets and the linen closet are in decent shape. I hardly had to do anything. Last year I did a re-organization project in these areas. I've also been better this year about keeping up with these areas.

I did find the cold/flu supplies that I needed at Walmart. I am so glad that is done.

I got my goals for this week's Thanksgiving Prep list finished.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This weekend is another crazy busy weekend starting tomorrow. I wanted to get done as much as I could these last three days.

The weather looks to remain in the 40's-60's so I changed out my clothes. Ahhhh...sweaters, jeans and flannel. I wrote out some Christmas cards and I made gingersnap cookie dough. I also worked on adding some ideas to my gift shopping list

I hope the rest of the week is productive for everyone!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
HolidayMom -- I've been thinking lots about what you said back on Week 2 or 3 and that you are calmer if the Christmas stuff is on pace because you know the family will rally on the house stuff. I'm thinking I'm going to redo my list to focus mainly on Christmas and just broad stroke the household stuff. Came across my deadline sheet that DH and I wrote down and signed last year. We agreed and promised that the lists (including all big purchases) would be decided by early Oct, shopping done late Oct/early Nov and pretty much wrapped up at Black Friday weekend. So uhm we are already late. We only have half the big decisions made. We are going to discuss this weekend and see if we can't hustle it up a bit and get on track, More later with a revised list. (DFIL's house is taking a LOT of time -- but its always something right?) :)

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Late posting this, but this is the plan that I'm working this week. I've whittled down my Home List to focus on Marie Kondo on the home front. That way when I look at this list I'm focusing on the Holiday part. Less "Forest for the trees" that way. Everything I do on the Marie Kondo takes me in the right direction. One foot in front of the other, so I'm just going to track that and let the rest fall into place. This year I'm not juggling construction workers or anything so I just need to focus on what we can pull off on our own. The house is a wreck of boxes that are going out, but it will either come together gradually or all in an all-out-push by early November. I'm currently calm. (I was not calm when I wasn't mobile. Then I was freaking out.) ;)

Week 7 Bedding & Bath
HOLIDAY:

• Christmas card list. -- Figure out where to order cards.
  • Shopping List -- Get the big gifts figured out
  • Thanksgiving -- get DD booked in Philly. Who knows of a nice restaurant for Thanksgiving in Philly?
  • Stocking stuffers -- Need more.
  • Santa App -- Sync up with Exel so I have the same list in both places.
  • Shopping - Start loading WishLists & Shopping Carts.
  • Black Friday -- Check ads. Make a plan.
  • Craft Room - Transform into Santa's Workshop and set up the wrapping station.
  • Gift Closet -- Check it again.

HOME:
  • Marie Kondo Declutter -- Continue. (Do Master Bath this week. Others are done.)
  • Flu Shots scheduled & check Cold & Flu Supplies

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
HolidayMom -- I've been thinking lots about what you said back on Week 2 or 3 and that you are calmer if the Christmas stuff is on pace because you know the family will rally on the house stuff. I'm thinking I'm going to redo my list to focus mainly on Christmas and just broad stroke the household stuff. Came across my deadline sheet that DH and I wrote down and signed last year. We agreed and promised that the lists (including all big purchases) would be decided by early Oct, shopping done late Oct/early Nov and pretty much wrapped up at Black Friday weekend. So uhm we are already late. We only have half the big decisions made. We are going to discuss this weekend and see if we can't hustle it up a bit and get on track, More later with a revised list. (DFIL's house is taking a LOT of time -- but its always something right?) :)

Refocusing to the holiday prep first has made me feel a lot better these past few weeks. Here's what life has looked like since Week I of HHP - three weeks of preparing for and working an all day music festival, volleyball every weekend, six college visits and multiple ongoing visits to the orthopedic for my daughter's foot injury. Knowing that I will have things somewhat together in spite of the chaos is making me feel calm. I hope it does for you too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I too want to refocus on holiday prep first. Then we'll do whatever needs to be done.... if worst comes to worst... hey dusting will be skipped a few weeks ;)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Holiday_Mom -- Ow! That sounds like a lot going on!

My recap for:
Week 7 Bedding & Bath
HOLIDAY:

• Christmas card list. -- Figure out where to order cards.
  • Shopping List -- Get the big gifts figured out (Thinking "Travel" for the girls -- for the big gift)
  • Thanksgiving -- get DD booked in Philly. Scrapped Philly. Booked hotel in NY. Need restaurant.
  • Stocking stuffers -- Need more.
  • Santa App -- Sync up with Exel so I have the same list in both places.
  • Shopping - Start loading WishLists & Shopping Carts.
  • Black Friday -- Check ads. Make a plan.
  • Craft Room -Set up the wrapping station. - Half way Decluttered.
  • Gift Closet -- Check it again. Still can't get to it. Buried in the boxes.

HOME:
  • Marie Kondo Declutter -- Continue. Master Bath -- Doing today. On a break. ,
    Storage Unit -- 80% unloaded, sorted, hauled away.
    Baby Clothes -- Some kept for DD, rest bagged for donation.
    (about a small pickup load)
    Books -- Done.
  • Flu Shots scheduled & check Cold & Flu Supplies -- I caught a cold instead. Supplies are good!

So right now my house kinda looks like we're moving. Only we aren't! :) I'm really really in the Kondo frame of mind though of "it isn't what is going, it is what is staying". That's a real mental shift. And as I'm looking at Christmas I'm hesitant to want to go buy more "stuff". Thinking hard on it.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
And Lucie -- High Five! That's right!

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm really really in the Kondo frame of mind though of "it isn't what is going, it is what is staying". That's a real mental shift.

Oooooo... I really like this. "It isn't what is going, it is what is staying." Fantastic!