HHP - 2018 - Week 16: Nearly There

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't get to most of what I wanted to do last week. This week I have to buckle down and just do it.

This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Make a minimum maintenance plan. Done
  • Delegate chores to family members. Done
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Update address book. In progress
  • Mail Christmas cards. Done
  • Complete gift wrapping. I forgot a few gifts and placed orders last week. They will arrive this week. Done
  • Decorate Tree. Almost done. My dd is back from college and will add her ornaments to the tree. Done
  • Bake Cookies. There are two batches left to make and bake. I've got 4 batches to decorate. Done
  • Work off of Christmas Eve preparation list. In progress

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
  • Finish wrapping
  • Pack to go to my parent's house for Christmas
  • Seperate gifts that will stay here and those to bring to my parent's house
  • Buy some non-perishables for NY's Eve party
  • replace Christmas tree and Christmas village now that cat is gone
  • Continue clearing out basement for guests on NY's eve

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
* Finish cleaning and maintain
* Baking Cookies (Thursday night - Saturday)
* Deliver Cookie Tins (Saturday/Sunday)
* Clean out Frig - Wed night
* Get another gift bag for a gift - tonight
* Finish wrapping/bagging gifts - tonight
* Go out looking at lights (Friday night and Saturday night)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Everyone looks like they are coming along nicely. :)

This is the second year in a row where the week before Christmas is turning out differently than planned. There have been ongoing issues that have needed my attention. This week I had to give my full attention to the issue so it could be resolved. I've lost a lot of HHP time as a result. Thank God for HHP! While there is a bit of stress of feeling behind where I'd like to be now, I can not imagine how I'd be feeling if I hadn't worked on things along the way. I have let go of those extra special touches that I wanted to do and I'm focusing on finishing the basics of Christmas.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Everyone looks like they are coming along nicely. :)

This is the second year in a row where the week before Christmas is turning out differently than planned. .... I can not imagine how I'd be feeling if I hadn't worked on things along the way.

Nice job you guys! Look at all you've gotten done!!

I'm back in town and yes this quote above is exactly what I'm thinking. I did have to fly out for my brother and it was a very very difficult time -- and will be ongoing for a while. But I'm back and Thank God for HHP. I'd be in SUCH bad shape if I hadn't been on this plan. As it is now, everything is purchased and I've wrapped 3/4 of it. Finishing today and HOPE to be done tonight so I can just relax tomorrow on Christmas Eve. Have a big pot of hearty soup pulled from the freezer and in the slow cooker for tonight. I didn't pull off prepping and freezing the Lasagne for Christmas Eve but that is pretty minor in light of all that has been going on with the extended family. Prime Rib on Christmas will be more than enough to make up for that. Next year I'm looking for sure at a pre-lit tree to allow me more time for making Christmas Cookies (either dry mix or freezer dough). That's the only thing that I feel we are really missing. Will try to cram it in after Christmas if we can. Thinking the tree takes me DAYS to put together (its big) and that is the best weekend on the calendar for me to make the cookie dough (Thanksgiving Weekend). So I'm writing that down now so I will read this in the Fall and remember: Consider a pre-lit tree so it only 30 minutes to put up a tree instead of 3 days). More recaps after the holiday I'm sure.

Going to a football game tonight with DH which seems insane to me 2 days before Christmas but that is what is most important to him this holiday so that's what we are going to do. Realizing it is moments like going to a football game and doing the Christmas activities like making cookies that are the most important. Not just all the "stuff". Do you know my teenage DS actually started singing Christmas carols with me in the car on the way home from the mall last night? That's priceless!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom