June 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Doesn't look like a May thread was started and since it almost June... :)

What plans for cleaning do you guys have this coming month? What did you tackle in May?

We've been working hard on de-cluttering, re-organizing and cleaning all areas of our house - pantry, DS's room, master bedroom, master bath, storage areas and the unfinished downstairs level.

All are in MUCH better shape!

Found a few things I'd "lost" or forgotten I had!!! lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just finished the major "get ready for Winter" clean so now just need to maintain it. will just be working on Winter type things for a while but will start to make the Spring cleaning plan soon. Would rather tackle the heavy work while it is cooler.
Looking forward to seeing what you all achieve in June.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a two things from the Holiday Spruce Up list that I want to get to in June: painting the window sills in our family room and cleaning the gutters. They are no longer white. I had high hopes for working on the list in April but too much was going on. I got one item checked off the list last week: painting the moulding in the mudroom.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, you have been so consistent this year with getting things done that I have no doubt that your June to do list will also be completed.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
One of the areas that I am not good on is dusting the blinds. I want to be more consistent with it versus just once a year. I have a feather duster that I use but was wondering if there is something better that I could be using. Does anyone have a special technique or tool for keeping the blinds clean?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just spent three hours cleaning one gutter. This gutter project is going to take way more time than I thought.It looks great but three hours for one?! There are four more gutters that I can reach on the ladder. Hmmm... with all the other things going on here, this may be a summer long project.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got the painting done and one gutter. That's all that will get done this month. However, we did put up a retaining wall and are still working on fixing a drainage issue that has gotten worse with all the rain this spring. I have petunias and marigolds that grew from seed from last year's garden. I am carefully digging them up and putting them into pots. Seeing all the petunias and marigolds was a nice surprise.:)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Not much cleaning going on in our home, but at the Crowville House, we have thrown out a good bit. Three different piles are being made - one for a rummage sale, one for a local mission for people who have clothing needs, and one for the consignment shop where we sell things. Then, different family members have taken some things they want.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
With our upcoming busy as a beaver schedule for fall I plan on getting a jump start on the HGP and HHP since I usually combine the 2. This month I will tackle the foyer and everything in the foyer including organizing the school supplies, purging old/used up notebooks and supplies, making a list of school supplies we will need to stock up on in Aug and purging out the old magazines and bills.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Seems that are all busy with one thing and another at the moment.
We are just in the early weeks of Winter here so lots of mending and maintenance going on.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
With our upcoming busy as a beaver schedule for fall I plan on getting a jump start on the HGP and HHP since I usually combine the 2. This month I will tackle the foyer and everything in the foyer including organizing the school supplies, purging old/used up notebooks and supplies, making a list of school supplies we will need to stock up on in Aug and purging out the old magazines and bills.

Minta, just yesterday, I was thinking I want to look at the plans for this year. (Are they even posted, yet?) Even after all these years, I can never remember which is which and always have to look at them. I have my own version of the two combined that I use, but I still like to look at them! I would like to do some things ahead, too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, just yesterday, I was thinking I want to look at the plans for this year. (Are they even posted, yet?) Even after all these years, I can never remember which is which and always have to look at them. I have my own version of the two combined that I use, but I still like to look at them! I would like to do some things ahead, too.
No they are not posted yet, I am going to go off last years since I have them printed out.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since dh has finished the bathroom remodel I can now get on with the regular cleaning around here :) DD should be home for a few days this summer and I want her to finish clearing out one armoire.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I bet that the bathroom looks great.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lucie - It looks GREAT!!!! So sleek and stylish!

Love the shower doors! Rain-X those puppies NOW! Or do something that prevents water spots - I love our glass shower doors but keeping them looking nice is a pain!!!

Would love to see pics once you have your decor in place!!!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie,it looks amazing. I love the floor tiles, they look wonderful.'