August 2019, declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, that is a great saying and so very true.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
More paper out off the table.

My son got him some new work clothes and throwing a bunch of his old ones out.

Jaymee carried a sack of stuff out of her bedroom here today when she left,

Hoping this week to get back to cleaning! When I run to Jaymees after work and then stay and play or whatever when I get home I shower and seem to be done for!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Another box ready to go - shower curtain, set of OXO glass dishes with lids that I just couldn't get on with (I just found them super hard to close), a metal file organizer, two books, and a stack of travel books (guide books mostly that I bought when we went to Colonial Williamsburg, Boston, Plymouth, Old Sturbridge Village, Newport, Philadelphia and one Vic picked up in Cannes - I can find all the details online if I need anything for scrapbooking). Also a wooden plaque that had the initial C and our last name on it in vinyl - Sophia peeled off our last name so it will work for anyone with the initial C and a bag of extra pencil sharpeners and erasers.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Emptied a 2-drawer file cabinet so ds can take it to his house. There were lots of school books of ds's in there. I want him to just look at them and decide if he wants to keep any (thinking he won't) .

Shredded some papers over the weekend while decluttering the file cabinet.
Got rid of a sweater.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Emptied the desk in my bedroom. Moving it upstairs. But there was a lot of useless items in the drawers.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DD was here this weekend, a stop over from St Paul MN to Mom's in MI. She was able to stay long enough to go through 16 boxes and bins she pull out a small box of things and I have permission to do what I need to with the rest. I have been waiting for a 3 years. It will be gone by the end of the week. YAY!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Emptied the desk in my bedroom. Moving it upstairs. But there was a lot of useless items in the drawers.
Desk drawers (and a lot of other office-type storage furniture) yield a lot of useless bits and pieces. I found eight pencil sharpeners. Everyone's getting a CrockPot and a pencil sharpener for Christmas :D;).

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Posted in Chit Chat that my new living room blinds were installed yesterday so I decluttered the old, ugly curtains and cheap rod...right into the trash can!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cleaned pantry out tonight so alot of expired food gone, tons of plastic bags ready to take to recycle, several paper bags out, consolidated open bags of stuff together.

Have more plastic lids to turn in to the city for a bench.

Will give Jaymee LOTS of plastic silverware for her lunches and move it out of here. Will never use it all.

Allen going thru papers and have a couple of plastic bags to burn of personal information.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Cleaned pantry out tonight so alot of expired food gone, tons of plastic bags ready to take to recycle, several paper bags out, consolidated open bags of stuff together.

Have more plastic lids to turn in to the city for a bench.

Will give Jaymee LOTS of plastic silverware for her lunches and move it out of here. Will never use it all.

Allen going thru papers and have a couple of plastic bags to burn of personal information.
Way to Go, Lana

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Washed lower kitchen cabinets - got some plastic lids out to recycling, broke my teapot (well that's not really decluttering as I will have to buy another one), have a pot to give away too, got some old potholders in the recycling bin. Got rid of some old spices and gave some to ds (I can't have onions and garlic anymore with my tummy problems).