Crafters Challenge June 28th-July 4th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, Friends another half of year is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday night I did purchase my towels for the boas so now have everything to do the 13 for The 12 Days of Christmas Swap. I do think I will make more for co-workers, the hair dressers and some family members so will get more towels later.

I have the items for Teigan to sew on.

I have very little left to crochet on the blanket and then try to find a neat border to do on it. Thinking a shell or something.

Need to see what else I would like to do for Christmas.

Amazing work done by all last week!

What are your plans for this week?

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks, Lana, for the fresh start this week.

I pulled out an old, white tank top last night and embroidered a USA logo on it to wear on the 4th. It turned out nice and is in the wash now.

I really need to do some craftermath control soon, as my studio is getting to be a little depressing rather than inspiring! I'd like to get the shamrock ornaments to a point where they are ready to stuff and finish up. I'm still working on the CCS borders on the monthly cat motifs, so will plug away at those (5-1/2 more to do and I need to purchase more floss). Then I want to work on the CCS birth record for Valentin. I need to find some easier CCS to take to the lake though (leaving Thursday). Perhaps I'll round up some motifs for Christmas ornaments.

Reactions: Lana and PamelaG

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I need to see if my sewing machine is ok from the car accident. Haven’t had the courage to check it yet.

Has anyone every spray basted your quilt layers? I only have once in a class. I usually pin baste. I bought some spray baste at the quilt shop- that’s all they do there. Wondered if any one has any thoughts on it.

Finished cutting out all the pieces for the purse, wallet and cosmetics bag. I have the cosmetic bag half way finished. Will finish that before I start quilting.

Have a productive week everyone. Half way to Christmas, Yikes!!!!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I was hoping to have more crossed of my crafting list by now. I really need to up my game.

This week I would like to get the quilt blocks finished and top put together. Also would like to get the tie for the sweater knitted and than I can sew it up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was hoping to have more crossed of my crafting list by now. I really need to up my game.
Me too Rose. It is the same every year, I think I am going OK and then I hit July and realise that I am far behind. Need to get my head back in the game.

Reactions: PamelaG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I spray baste exclusively. It really holds the layers together, and I rarely get puckers (kisses). Kathy did some spray basting at Open Sew one time, and the spray baste made the floor very sticky. The one she had for some reason had aerosol spray going everywhere. I do get some overspray, also. Kathy now cleans her garage floor and sets up a large table out there for spray basting her quilts. I like to spray baste the backing on first and then iron it, so I'm sure it's flat. Then I put the top on and iron it, too. Unless it's a very small project like placemats, table toppers or small wall hanging, I will put pins around the edges just 'cause. I usually order the spray baste online. My last order was from MaddeiraUSA and I ordered 8 18oz. cans of Madeira Spray Adhesive for $11.95 each.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Greetings!!!

Everyone is busy as usual!!!

I got some things done over the weekend, but not as much as planned of course!!!

I did these potholders:

https://flic.kr/p/2jguSU7
This little bag:

https://flic.kr/p/2jgw7PL
Got Mrs. Claus's head almost done - just need to touch up some of her "hair" - it turned out super cute using the Cricut to cut black vinyl for her eye lashes and red vinyl for her mouth. I wasn't sure it would work on something that small but it did!!!

Got started on the Christmas planner I'm making as gift - All pieces cut for the first tab!

I have a whole stack of vinyl to weed - and I have glasses waiting to be etched...so I won't be bored!!!;)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Greetings!!!

Everyone is busy as usual!!!

I got some things done over the weekend, but not as much as planned of course!!!

I did these potholders:

https://flic.kr/p/2jguSU7
This little bag:

https://flic.kr/p/2jgw7PL
Got Mrs. Claus's head almost done - just need to touch up some of her "hair" - it turned out super cute using the Cricut to cut black vinyl for her eye lashes and red vinyl for her mouth. I wasn't sure it would work on something that small but it did!!!

Got started on the Christmas planner I'm making as gift - All pieces cut for the first tab!

I have a whole stack of vinyl to weed - and I have glasses waiting to be etched...so I won't be bored!!!;)
How are you making these? Do you use a Silhouette or Cameo machine? I LOVE those potholders.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
How are you making these? Do you use a Silhouette or Cameo machine?

Cricut Explore is the machine I have currently! Love it! You just cut the iron on vinyl, weed the unwanted parts and then iron it on - super easy! I just "discovered" vinyl over the past year or so - I'd been strictly paper crafts only on the Cricut before that.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have a productive week everyone. Half way to Christmas, Yikes!!!!
Halfway!!!! I need to check my list and make sure that I am on the right track. Need to prioritise what I am doing for Christmas.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom ~ I spray baste exclusively. It really holds the layers together, and I rarely get puckers (kisses). Kathy did some spray basting at Open Sew one time, and the spray baste made the floor very sticky. The one she had for some reason had aerosol spray going everywhere. I do get some overspray, also. Kathy now cleans her garage floor and sets up a large table out there for spray basting her quilts. I like to spray baste the backing on first and then iron it, so I'm sure it's flat. Then I put the top on and iron it, too. Unless it's a very small project like placemats, table toppers or small wall hanging, I will put pins around the edges just 'cause. I usually order the spray baste online. My last order was from MaddeiraUSA and I ordered 8 18oz. cans of Madeira Spray Adhesive for $11.95 each.

Thanks Dahlia! I think I’m going to give it a try. I bought 505 spray ( I think that’s what it is). It’s what ever the quilt shop uses. Think I paid 13 for mine. I’ll have to look at Madeira. I was planing to spray outside but I’ll keep the overspray in mind.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The first Mrs. Claus is FINISHED!!! Right down to the little buttons on her shoes! :)

https://flic.kr/p/2jgNz8A
https://flic.kr/p/2jgNz9n
Weeded all the vinyl I cut this weekend...that is about it!

I will start picking out colors for the next 4 Mrs. Claus ornaments so I can start tracing and cutting the pieces and assemble kits. That and etching glasses and/or working on the Christmas planner would cover my week!