2020 Christmas in July Week 3 July 12th-18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
For stockings - if you put food/drinks in them, do you do 'upgrades'? Fancy chocolate, novelty drinks etc?

And also - do you wrap stocking gifts?!
I always put British chocolate in our stockings, it's our holiday treat. I wrap stocking gifts in white tissue paper, no tape, just loosely wrapped.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I wrap stocking stuffers too. Growing up there were years that Santa wrapped the gifts in aluminum foil. Us kids thought that was the oddest thing. Now I get it. Sometime Santa is short on time or finds a last minute gift. :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
One of the best reactions I got from Vic on Christmas morning one year was when I wrapped all his gifts in the flyers from Home Depot and Lowe's. I wrapped them in orange and blue ribbon and remembered to save it for another time. I think I may use it this year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
One of the best reactions I got from Vic on Christmas morning one year was when I wrapped all his gifts in the flyers from Home Depot and Lowe's. I wrapped them in orange and blue ribbon and remembered to save it for another time. I think I may use it this year.
ROFLOL! I love that idea!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We use to wrap gifts to our horse friends with horse food bags. Once we gave a wedding gift to a neighbor who raised hunting dogs their gift in a dog food bag. Was a lot of fun.

Reactions: rabble

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I use regular wrapping paper but strange boxes.

I wrapped something for DS's Santa exchange at work in a granola box and he was very upset until the woman opened it.

One year I put a niece's gift in a box used for manila folders. She didn't bother opening it and told her mother we just gave her some stupid folders.

Most of our friends get it by now and aren't surprised by the box and are sure to open it.