2020 Christmas in July Week 4 July 19-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Watch a Christmas Movie wearing Christmas socks and drinking frozen/hot cocoa.
Read a Christmas book of your choice.
Look at Christmas Blogs and share the link with others.
Make or address or prepare an insert for your Christmas cards.
Read a Christmas Magazine or craft book from the library.
Work on a Christmas gift if making a homemade gift.

Start preparing your Christmas notebook from Organized Christmas-House and Holiday Plan, Holiday Grand Plan, or Christmas Countdown. HHP and HGP plans begins August 30th. Christmas Countdown begins begins October 25th.
Please feel free to share other plans you have for CIJ

I have added all of these to the planner. I am so excited for CIJ and just getting prepared for Christmas in general. It will be here before we know it.

Reactions: PamelaG and rabble

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Last year's centerpiece - Hanukkah goblets on small winter trays, filled with Christmas balls and Hanukkah dreidels.

Attachments

• HolidayCenterpiecesmall.jpg
    HolidayCenterpiecesmall.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 15

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie, that centrepiece is so pretty, thankyou for sharing.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
As long as I don't play Christmas music or put on a Christmas movie, my family will go along with me on celebrating Christmas in July. We have the artificial tree set up with red, white and blue streamers and white Christmas lights. We are celebrating Christmas Eve in July today since we will all be home for a few hours. We made gingerbread cookies. Dd is making macaroni and cheese with Christmas tree shaped pasta for dinner. For dessert, from the deep freezer, we have pumpkin pie ice cream and egg nog ice cream.

Gingerbread Girl

MHH Member
Jul 4, 2020
Missouri
I am really enjoying Christmas in July. This week I worked on getting the stockings ready. I prepare stockings for my husband, kids and spouses, my 2 granddaughters, and my sister. For some reason I spend way too much time on them in December but not this year!. I have already bought the small gifts for them, a couple of gift cards and made a list of the things I need to round them out. I bought Hershey chocolate nuggets and wrapped over the wrapping with Christmas paper and placed them in a little paper tray. I also placed some mechanical pencils in a paper tray and bagged them. i also made some luggage tags on my embroidery machine and they turned out nice.

Attachments

• BC96F303-B945-487C-8C6B-17EE83CF8D12.jpeg
    BC96F303-B945-487C-8C6B-17EE83CF8D12.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 00507DA7-7FD4-427E-90CF-4611B14A510B.jpeg
    00507DA7-7FD4-427E-90CF-4611B14A510B.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 17
  • BBA9E479-D5EC-46CB-9372-CD84A95BAC9A.jpeg
    BBA9E479-D5EC-46CB-9372-CD84A95BAC9A.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 16

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Nice work Gingerbread!

Reactions: PamelaG

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Gingerbread. really cute. I really like how you packaged your items. I never thought to do that, It usually just gets dropped into the stocking and requires more items to fill them. Luggage tags are a great idea too!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gingerbread, lovely work, thanks for the ideas.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Last year's centerpiece - Hanukkah goblets on small winter trays, filled with Christmas balls and Hanukkah dreidels.
I've seen this idea where they have the glass turned upside down with the decor inside and then the top is used for a small tealight.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I am really enjoying Christmas in July. This week I worked on getting the stockings ready. I prepare stockings for my husband, kids and spouses, my 2 granddaughters, and my sister. For some reason I spend way too much time on them in December but not this year!. I have already bought the small gifts for them, a couple of gift cards and made a list of the things I need to round them out. I bought Hershey chocolate nuggets and wrapped over the wrapping with Christmas paper and placed them in a little paper tray. I also placed some mechanical pencils in a paper tray and bagged them. i also made some luggage tags on my embroidery machine and they turned out nice.
Very cute. I've seen the idea with the nugget candy (the first photo). I have some Santa belt washi tape - I might try to make those for my co-workers this year.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Friday night and Saturday I spent most of my day printing and setting up my Christmas Notebook. I am using the Holiday Grand Plan. Organized Christmas website still has all the printable except for the 2020 calendar.
I created my own and filled the weeks they way I would do them. It is to cold to do the garage in November so I moved it to October. My attic is empty so I add the Laundry/Sewing room instead. The Living room went to the end of November.

I get confused in where to put all the printables. So I decided to put them a the end of the notebook using a set of A-Z tabs to make it easier to find them as I am sure I will reference them often. The will be filed by forms title i.e catalog/internet orders will be filed under C well maybe O
I just have to figure out how my brain will work with it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Pamela - that's an idea I'll have to try.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I'm not very crafty unless it's scrapbooking. Even card-making is beyond me, I'm too much of a perfectionist and if it doesn't look just so, I'm not happy with it. I do enjoy tablescapes, love napkin folding techniques, and of course, afternoon tea and making all the little delicacies that come with it.

This year, there will be some joint gifts for Sophia and I. Our planners are in one box, so are our Pyrex dishes. I was thinking about taping two sheets of different gift wrap together and then turning them on the diagonal so the package is wrapped so that one design goes is on the right side of the diagonal and the other design on the left side. I'll run some decorative ribbon down the middle to cover the seam.

Rudolph Day was partially interrupted by having to make two trips to get my new phone but I did manage two Hallmark movies over the weekend (The Christmas Parade and Merry Matrimony), updating my planner and moving the totes that I had inventoried into their new closet home, and browsing through the cards on minted.com to find this year's design. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the photos - would have loved to have a family shot from this summer but that's not going to happen so it will likely be a collage of some of our photos through the year. Not as much as usual for the family newsletter but a few milestones this year.