Wrapping party dates 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1598395189228.jpeg

Can you believe that August is nearly over? What a year we have had so far.
Time to look forward to our time of the year and start some prep and planning.
I have tried to find a mix of dates both weekdays and weekends. If you don't have anything to wrap just yet, do some planning, put on some music and write a list, gather your supplies. The idea is to have most things wrapped so that you can concentrate on other things or just sit and relax knowing that the hard work is done.

Tuesday August 25th.....4 months to go. Look through your supplies, do you need wrap, gift tags, ribbons or gift bags, do you have enough tape? Make notes in your planner. Does your wrapping station need attention? Time to look at that.

Friday September 25th.......3 months until Christmas.

Saturday October 17th......do you wrap stocking fillers? I do and I think this is the day to wrap them.

Saturday and Sunday November 7th and 8th......a double party so we can get a few things done.

Wednesday November 25th......A month to go, how exciting.

Thursday December 3rd. It is getting closer now.

Tuesday December 15th. 10 days to go, we are on the home stretch now.

Friday December 18th, 1 week to go. Time to finish up and enjoy your hard work. Look at all those beautiful gifts, well done.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I have a question in regards to wrapping early - does anyone put a post it note on the wrapped gift so you know what it is? It sounds counterintuitive, but one year I got it bought all early, wrapped, disposed of list (sneaky kids), AND FORGOT WHAT I BOUGHT.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have a question in regards to wrapping early - does anyone put a post it note on the wrapped gift so you know what it is? It sounds counterintuitive, but one year I got it bought all early, wrapped, disposed of list (sneaky kids), AND FORGOT WHAT I BOUGHT.

rabble, I don’t have little ones here so it’s a lot easier for me. I think post it’s are a great idea. I couldn’t tell you half the stuff I bought off the top of my head. I pretty much keep my list on my phone with pictures. Could you keep your list some place odd, like with last years income taxes so they wouldn’t find it?

Reactions: rabble

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
rabble, I don’t have little ones here so it’s a lot easier for me. I think post it’s are a great idea. I couldn’t tell you half the stuff I bought off the top of my head. I pretty much keep my list on my phone with pictures. Could you keep your list some place odd, like with last years income taxes so they wouldn’t find it?
Good idea, like mixed in with warranties etc? That could work. I had a boring notebook one year and had written the list in what i thought was code, and in the centre of the book. Eldest still found it!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
For the family I do color coded wrapping paper and don't worry too much about what's inside since I let each one pick what they will open each night of Hanukkah.

I do have a master list of what I give to each and every person and I've been keeping that for years. Don't like to repeat myself.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thank you! I added the dates to the calendar and planner.

but one year I got it bought all early, wrapped, disposed of list (sneaky kids), AND FORGOT WHAT I BOUGHT.
I keep my notes on gifts I buy in an spreadsheet. I have used Excel in the past. It's fun to go back and see the items I bought and how much they cost at the time. I currently use Google Sheets for the lists. I can access it from my phone if I'm out shopping and I have a question.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wrap early, I need to because of a bad experience in the past.
I have a planner that I write it all in. My kids are older and I only have 1 living with us so it is easier.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I keep my notes on gifts I buy in an spreadsheet.
I have kept my planners for the last 5 or 6 years and like you enjoy looking back at what the kids have gotten. We write a Christmas wish list and put that on the fridge from the first of September. We have at least 10 years of those lists saved and I love looking back at them.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I'm terrible with tech and I've always liked journals/lists etc. I may just go digital!

I have kept my planners for the last 5 or 6 years and like you enjoy looking back at what the kids have gotten. We write a Christmas wish list and put that on the fridge from the first of September. We have at least 10 years of those lists saved and I love looking back at them.
i like the wish list idea

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm terrible with tech and I've always liked journals/lists etc. I may just go digital!
I like you warranty idea. A couple of other thoughts -
Are there books you know your kids just HATE? Maybe put the list in there? You could send yourself an email with the first of the items bought. Each time you get an item, then you hit "reply" and list the item or you just keep a draft email and edit it every time you buy a gift.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not sure who posted this but they have their Christmas wish list written in a word document and has changed to font to white. It means if someone is snooping it looks like a blank document. I thought this was extremely clever.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Reading through this again just reminded me of the year when I hid dh's Christmas gift so well that I forgot where I put it. o_O It was awful because it was the only gift he was getting. I was beginning to really panic when I still couldn't find it and it was the last gift to wrap. Then days before Christmas I was going through some fabric bins and found it tucked in there. :rolleyes: After that, I sent myself an email as to where I was hiding dh's gift.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

When my children were home, I would have an index card for each one where I wrote what I had bought them. I put them in my wallet behind my check register. They never looked in there.

I also assigned a number to each one - I still do this (someone on here got really elaborate with this one year - can't remember who), because they like to shake the boxes to figure out what's in them. My kids are actually really good at guessing what it is - little stinkers - and still shake gifts if they are at our house before Christmas. I don't add name tags until a day or two before we're going to unwrap.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
, because they like to shake the boxes to figure out what's in them. My kids are actually really good at guessing what it is - little stinkers - and still shake gifts if they are at our house before Christmas. I

Add something that makes noise to each box. Jingle bells, stones or a bar of soap that would slide around when they shake.