Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Gift card for chipotle for my son. Grocery store had triple points this week if you bought one.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got a NY t-shirt for DH that he can wear when we finally do our NYS Caravan again, and a shoe horn.

Also got a few stocking stuffers for DS and DDIL - car fresheners, bread dip mixes, a stone to put in brown sugar to keep it soft - can use these in a stocking or in the advent calendar.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My supermarket has a range of car cleaning products on 1/2 price this week. Will get DFSIL a bucket and put in a few items.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Bought gift cards for my husband and son since they had double food perks this week. Bought shelf stable groceries for my son. Still need a few more groceries for him but I either couldn’t find what I wanted or a short expiration date.
picked up a few movies at dollar tree for husband, son and my husbands buddy.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I ordered the first gift today for DD27.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple hand soaps for my dad and his wife and a couple small gifts for the kids yesterday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are all doing well on getting items in the gift closet. I need to decide what to get DD and DFSIL, I have not got much for them yet, otherwise doing OK.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Garage sale was 2 blocks from our house and Dh said we should be good neighbors and visit. They didn't have much for our interest. They had two cute little girls (not for sale, well I didn't ask, just assuming) so mainly kids items and tools plus two boxes of older GI Joe plus outfits. I texted DS if he thought the grandson would play with GI Joes, he said yes. So we bought them all. All 20 of the GI Joes, clothes plus three boxes of unopened collectors ones. Now I'm looking for a foot locker for a storage container. Will make both DS and DGS happy at Christmas.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I never got to the bath and body soap sale, but I wanted to go. I’m in need of fall and Christmas hand soap.
Wow! GI joes! That’s a cool find. I bet the grandson will be happy with that.
Found a movie at dollar tree for my husband yesterday.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I bought a couple of gifts today but not sure whether they'll be for Christmas or birthdays (several birthdays in our family in the week before christmas!) All smellies - handmade soap, solid handcream bars etc.

No idea what to get my kids. They've mentioned a few things, mainly books. Trying to think of a few surprises

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I bought a couple of gifts today but not sure whether they'll be for Christmas or birthdays (several birthdays in our family in the week before christmas!) All smellies - handmade soap, solid handcream bars etc.

No idea what to get my kids. They've mentioned a few things, mainly books. Trying to think of a few surprises
Solid handcream bars? That sounds intriguing. How do they work?

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Solid handcream bars? That sounds intriguing. How do they work?
No clue! Apparently you just rub them over your hands a little? They're by the Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company. I was very tempted to buy some for myself

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My gift closet almost filled. I have all the gifts I need for family for Christmas. Still need to wrap it. I still need 2 birthday gifts for October birthdays and am done for the year. One is a gift of money and the other is as many cow bells as I can find for my budgeted amount. DS's(28) loves the phrase More Cowbell .... so DH decided we should give him a collection of cowbells.

I do have a neighbor gift to do and in December DH and I will make Blessing Bags 2-6 depending on what I can find for them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, well done.
I am doing OK, I need some ideas for DD and DFSIL. If I ask them what they might need they say they don't need anything. I will have to really give it some thought over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabble

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
That’s wonderful Jody! I still have some work to do here, mostly groceries for my son.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just got a 4 pack of Pepsi Max for 2.50. Bought 2 to put in a bag for DS....from Santa.

I will start our wish list this weekend, I already have a few things that I want that I will write on my list.

Reactions: rabble

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Just got a 4 pack of Pepsi Max for 2.50. Bought 2 to put in a bag for DS....from Santa.

I will start our wish list this weekend, I already have a few things that I want that I will write on my list.
Great reminder. Fred Meyer had five six-packs of Coke products on sale for $10 - $2 for a whole six-pack of 20 ounce bottles. What a bargain! I put some in the fridge but will keep one pack out to add to the movie boxes. Found the cutest popcorn bowls to have personalized. I'm really liking this idea for this year's Christmas Eve boxes.

Update: Need to check the date - no clue when Coke might expire - will let you know.