christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

my planner is getting fully used this past few weeks as I write my wrap up of Christmas 2020 and make all sorts of lists and plans for 2021.
Like Diedra I need to write this down now before POOF!! gone forever.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I need to write a note in my planner to write up my thoughts. I'll think about it when I see someone mention it on here. I'm going to just have to do it one day when I think about it on whatever paper is nearby and then transfer it to my Christmas notebook later.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I need to write a note in my planner to write up my thoughts. I'll think about it when I see someone mention it on here. I'm going to just have to do it one day when I think about it on whatever paper is nearby and then transfer it to my Christmas notebook later.
Jane, I have post its everywhere so I can write stuff down as i think of it or it’s gone. I even do notes on my phone when I’m out. I think of lots of reflections when I’m in my car for some reason.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
This year, I'm putting all holiday plans and gift buying on hold until I can determine if we will be able to take a trip at Christmas. Destination not finalized but if our schedules and COVID allows, all of our holiday budget will go on that. Anything we buy on the trip, we'll come home (anticipate being back home a few days before Christmas) and put under the tree to enjoy Christmas Day. Our gifts will primarily be the experience.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, what a wonderful idea. I hope that the current situation settles and you can all enjoy your magical holiday vacation.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tomorrow is the first Rudy day for the year.
Only 11 more months until Christmas, can hardly wait.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So happy to have found this thread. I need to make notes for Christmas 2021, as COVID and other familial situations brought change this year. It really made me stop and think this year, and ponder what is important and what is not. Time will tell on how things may shake out for the holidays this year. But, my thoughts and ideas will be pertinent, regardless of what shakes out.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Plan B if we're not able to take a trip this Christmas is to make it a Christmas of experiences. I booked the first one yesterday, a trip to the Ice Festival in the Bavarian town that is a couple of hours away from us in January 2022. It was held this year although the events that draw the larger crowds were cancelled and I'm hoping that all events will be held next January - no COVID restrictions. The trip will be for Sophia and I this year since Vic will be back in Maryland after his Christmas leave but I'm hoping that he will be back in Washington for 2023. My goodness, it seems so odd to type 2022 and 2023.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too am looking at experiences. They run an outdoor cinema here in January and February so am hoping to get tickets to that. Would like to do our family Christmas Eve again the week before Christmas. I need to tweek this a little as last year was a little sloppy. Need to research a movie or show that we might all enjoy.
Hoping to set a time to drive the neighbourhood and see Christmas lights. If this is something that the family is not interested in I will pack some snacks and cold drinks and take my Mum, I know that she will enjoy it.
It is difficult to predict what may be happening at the end of this year but would rather have plans in place than not.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, it will be great to get under 300. It still seems so far away.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, here in Australia we are at 299 days......getting closer!