January 2021 Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
1/17 to 1/23
  • Sunday - Bacon and Tomato Pasta Salad
  • Monday - Butternut Squash Soup
  • Tuesday - Steak Sandwiches
  • Wednesday - Chicken Chili
  • Thursday - Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers
  • Friday - Quinoa Salad
  • Saturday - Left overs

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday-Was to be Artichoke Bread but I made apple pie which ended up being an all day project so we had leftovers
TuesdayHad Crispy Shrimp pasta but Dh found chicken livers at the organic store so Chicken livers with bacon and onions with rice and a salad
Wednesday-Take Out
Thursday-Hamburger soup....my moms recipe
Friday-Fish tacos with pan fried squash
Saturday-Crispy Fried Shrimp Pasta
Sunday-Chicken Wings with Ohana Noodles

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Monday - Hot chicken sandwiches
Tuesday - Bechamel sauce with hard-boiled eggs over vols-aux-vents
Wednesday - Chicken / rice casserole
Thursday - Grilled cheese sandwich (this one doesn't change dh & I both like it ... easy-peasy)
Friday ?
Might make some tortellini-sausage-spinach soup for lunches, hummm

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
January 25-31
  • Monday ~ Meatloaf
  • Tuesday ~ Chef salad
  • Wednesday ~ Cathouse Pizza
  • Thursday ~ Salmon patties; salad
  • Friday ~ Leftover chicken
  • Saturday ~ Stromboli
  • Sunday ~ DH cooks (short ribs or country-style ribs

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Jan. 25 - 31

Monday- Sweet and Sour Chicken w/fried rice
Tuesday- Sheet Pan Nachos
Wednesday- Fettuccine Alfredo
Thursday- Soup and Grilled Cheese
Friday- Burgers
Saturday- Homemade Ravioli w/antipasto salad and Chocolate Tiramisu (Eli's Raddish Box)
Sunday- Stromboli

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
January 25th - January 31st

Monday - Shrimp Scampi
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Wednesday - Beef Tips and Rice, Green Beans
Thursday - Pork Loin, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
Friday - Grilled Fish, Baked Potatoes
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Fried Chicken, Rice and Gravy, Carrots, Okra

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
MrsSoup ~ How do you make your stromboli? We have a sandwich we call stromboli which is simply a cheeseburger with pizza sauce and lettuce on a ciabatta roll. We recreated it from a sandwich we had in high school that we got at Pizza Pete's. We plan to have it this week too.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
MrsSoup ~ How do you make your stromboli? We have a sandwich we call stromboli which is simply a cheeseburger with pizza sauce and lettuce on a ciabatta roll. We recreated it from a sandwich we had in high school that we got at Pizza Pete's. We plan to have it this week too.
Ours is a bit different from what others call a stromboli. I use french or italian bread, cut it in half and hollow out the bottom. Then I layer the bottom with slices of mozzarella cheese. I cook a pound of hamburger and half a pound of regular sausage (roll) together with diced onion and green pepper. Once that is cooked and drained, I add a can of tomato paste and a small can of tomato sauce, some parmesan, and garlic salt and let it simmer for a little bit. Then I put the filling in the hollowed out bottom of the loaf and layer with sliced of mozzarella cheese, put the top back on and wrap in foil. Bake at 400* for about 15 minutes.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Week of Jan. 25th
Monday -- Chili with corn bread and cabbage slaw
Tuesday -- chicken with stuffing, salad, green beans
Wednesday -- lasagna, salad, garlic crescent rolls
Thursday -- tacos
Friday -- pizza with a side salad
Saturday -- chicken ala king over biscuits (tent.)
Sunday -- open / TBD

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ours is a bit different from what others call a stromboli. I use french or italian bread, cut it in half and hollow out the bottom. Then I layer the bottom with slices of mozzarella cheese. I cook a pound of hamburger and half a pound of regular sausage (roll) together with diced onion and green pepper. Once that is cooked and drained, I add a can of tomato paste and a small can of tomato sauce, some parmesan, and garlic salt and let it simmer for a little bit. Then I put the filling in the hollowed out bottom of the loaf and layer with sliced of mozzarella cheese, put the top back on and wrap in foil. Bake at 400* for about 15 minutes.
That sounds wonderful! I'll try it sometime. Maybe even this week.

Reactions: jampss and MrsSoup

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday-Leftovers
Tuesday- Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, and a salad
Wednesday-Take Out
Thursday-Roast Chicken, fried potatoes and squash
Friday-Fish tacos and roasted veggies, maybe coleslaw
Saturday-Donair Sandwiches- I never know what to serve with it.
Sunday- Sweet and Sour Chicken with snow peas and rice(might swap this Sunday since it uses the leftover roast chicken)

Might not make much for dinner tonight. The Prime Rib was ready for the oven when one of Dh’s golf buddies dropped off two Egg Bakes for us. He special made one of them gluten free. Dh and Vanessa already ate. Vanessa doesn’t like steak so she doesn’t want prime rib. Dh likes Prime rib but I think he will be full. I’m waiting on the prime rib and would like a salad but no potatoes.7A089444-1C3A-4ABC-99EC-4A89D1910EC3.jpeg

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is so interesting to read. I haven't heard of this way or the way that DahliaDoll makes her stromboli. We make it with pizza dough. We roll it out into a rectangle and put on pepperoni, Genoa salami, provolone, mozzarella and tomato sauce. Then we roll the dough long ways like you would if making a jelly roll or cinnamon buns. It gets baked and then sliced.
Might not make much for dinner tonight. The Prime Rib was ready for the oven when one of Dh’s golf buddies dropped off two Egg Bakes for us. He special made one of them gluten free. Dh and Vanessa already ate. Vanessa doesn’t like steak so she doesn’t want prime rib. Dh likes Prime rib but I think he will be full. I’m waiting on the prime
That was very thoughtful of your dh's friend!

Jan 24th- Jan 30th

Sunday - Waffles and Sausage
Monday - Pasta e Fagioli (Italian Pasta and Beans)
Tuesday - Tacos
Wednesday - Chicken Rueben
Thursday - Pierogis and Kielbasa
Friday - Tuna Melt
Saturday - Leftovers

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
When I was in High School during the Middle Ages, I remember our little town in southern Indiana called this a Stromboli. Thinking I should have this for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing the memory!

Reactions: jampss