Easter 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Homemade - I made a pavlova to celebrate Australia Day and it's really not hard - give it a try!
That's good to hear Debbie, thanks..... I may try to make it too..........and I think it is great you celebrate Australia Day...... that inspires me to celebrate and learn about other customs and countries, even states that are outside "my own backyard".....!!!

Laurie

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
That's good to hear Debbie, thanks..... I may try to make it too..........and I think it is great you celebrate Australia Day...... that inspires me to celebrate and learn about other customs and countries, even states that are outside "my own backyard".....!!!

Laurie
I need to add Australia Day to my list of events to celebrate and Canada Day too. I love to explore regional recipes and decorate with the colors of their flags. I really miss Girl Scouts Thinking Day celebrations when we used to learn about other countries - their customs and food.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Glad to answer any questions you may have about our customs and traditions.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I love this idea! .....and we have Katrina.......so Australia is a perfect place to start......

Katrina, I remember seeing your post about it being warm in December, so that is your summer? .....and now is your fall?

I remember my son's 2nd grade class singing the song "Laugh kookaborough, laugh kookborough laugh, laugh laugh" What is a kookaborough.....and where do they live?

Laurie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Laurie,
Summer is December 1st to February 28th,
Autumn, March 1st to May 31st,
Winter, June 1st to August 31st and
Spring from September 1st to November 30th.
The complete opposite to you.
Christmas here is warm, last Christmas was 28C about 82F and heats up after that.

A kookaburra is a bird. They are beautiful and they have a call that sounds like a laugh.

1615527955765.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: luludou and jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
We're usually camping with Canadian friends on Canada day - of course, not so this year. I did make a recipe for butter tarts.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I know it's a matter of where we live is what we are use to doing but I just can not wrap my head around decorating with pumpkins, colored leaves and apples in Spring/Easter and carrots, bunnies and eggs in autumn. I think it would be so interesting to live in Australia from Christmas to Easter.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think it would be so interesting to live in Australia from Christmas to Easter
I would love to live in the US for a whole year. Do every holiday!!!
I have my apple cinnamon candle burning at the moment, next week will decorate for Easter. Bunnies and eggs are the theme here too.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Laurie,
Christmas here is warm, last Christmas was 28C about 82F and heats up after that.

A kookaburra is a bird. They are beautiful and they have a call that sounds like a laugh.

View attachment 1151

Laurie,

Thanks Katrina for sharing that video, ..they do sound like.....happy birds!

Reactions: jampss

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Our church decided to go with regular times for Sunday school and worship services on Easter - yay! So, I'll ask DS if they want to come for lunch afterwards. I picked up a couple of Easter decorations while we were on our excursion last weekend. I don't have many. One is a beautifully hand painted plate depicting a church scene. It's in my china cabinet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have decorated for Easter. I do not have a lot. A bunny bowl on the kitchen table that holds small eggs, I plate and a ceramic bunny in the loungeroom and a bunny and egg on the hallway table. I decluttered my seasonal tote earlier this year and just kept what I really loved.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we always have dinner overmy daughters for easter. we hid eggs for my gs gd will be 19 mths old we will fiqure our something for her. i know ill work that morning but get off at 12 . i decorated my tree today for easter and put out some decorations.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Have absolutely no plans for Easter this year. Will likely attend Mass via TV and have a nicer dinner here for just me. Family has not mentioned anything yet, so not counting on any family gathering. St. Pat's decor will get stowed next week, and then my usual spring decor will come out. No "littles" so the Easter Bunny will not stop here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that we will end up sharing a meal with Mum. I have a turkey breast in the freezer and she had a pork roast so thinking they will be the base of a nice roast dinner.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Talked to Mum yesterday and yes we will be getting together. The meal will be turkey breast and pork, roast potato, sweet potato and onions, peas, corn and carrots, apple sauce and gravy. A chocolate self saucing pudding with cream and ice cream. Drinks will be sparkling apple cider and tea and coffee.

Breakfast Sunday will just be DH and I so hot cross buns and cafe au lait will be on the menu. Simple, good food.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I can't believe we have a week until Easter weekend. I have to make menu and ingredient list. We are going to do an outdoor visit with my in-laws next Saturday so all the baking needs to be done by Wednesday night. We attend services on Holy Thursday and Good Friday so there is no time for baking then.

Reactions: jampss

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Our church is having one mass on Easter, reservations only and it's filled. It is what it is, I guess.

I guess we are going to my parents' for dinner. I will take the Italian Easter Bread. M and I will make jelly bean bites and we are going to try some Peeps Krispy treats. I work through Thursday, so I'll probably do my baking on Friday and Saturday.

I still have to get to the chocolate shop and pick up flowers for the moms.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got DH to agree to lamb chops - marinated and cooked on the grill.

Will have to think of some good sides.