April 2021 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome to April’s Rudolph Day picks! How did it get to be April already? The months are flying by.

Movie: Naughty or Nice, 2012 by Hallmark.
Krissy Kringle finds Santa’s Naughty or Nice book in her mail.

Book: The Christmases We Used to Know.
By Reminisce books. 1996 Reiman Publications
This a book that someone here had posted about last year. I put it on my Christmas list and my husband got it for me. A lovely book about Christmases past. A collection of short stories, some that might bring tears to your eyes.

Recipe: https://www.cooks.com/recipe/df79x4g5/rocky-road-fudge.html
This is my go to fudge recipe for Christmas. I originally found it in a magazine when I was first married in 1980. I pretty much make as is except I use Zane currents instead of raisins. I also mix the nuts, marshmallows and currents in instead of layering. Works best with a high quality chocolate. The addition of palm oil by many chocolate manufactures today is not good for fudge making.

Blog:
Cynthialoowho Christmas Ornament Series
Though she hasn’t posted recently she has done 10 days of Christmas ornaments for the last several years.

Pinterest: My Pinterest search was unusual gifts to make for Christmas. That lead me all over the internet and finally to these sites.
How to Make a Reading Cushion
The perfect gift for a young reader. This would be easily adjusted to a larger pillow size for an adult too.
How To Sew A Dino Tail
My son would have gone crazy over this!
NO-SEW Fairy Costume
And I would have loved this as a little girl! This would be a great sugar plum fairy costume.
Hanging Kitchen Towel Easy Sewing Project
Quick and easy for someone who likes to cook.
A photo Christmas ornament! (Tutorial included!)
An easy way to remember the special people or times in your life. I’m looking forward to giving this a try.

You tube:
Dotted Christmas Ornaments - Dotted Ornaments with a Classic Pearl Lace Design
Yes, I love ornaments, what can I say. How hard can this be???

FASTEST LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS TREE NAPKINS!
Jordan Fabrics how to videos are great. These easy to make napkins would be a perfect last minute gift to make. If you have a interest in quilting check out their other videos.

Magazine: Any Family Circle or Woman’s Day magazine, December edition from the 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. So much fun paging through those old holiday magazines. It’s interesting to see the decorating and craft trends. The recipes I think are more likely to use ingredients that we have on hand.

Music:
Christmas music, I get lost in it. Back to a more simple, less complicated time. Away from all the problems and stress of today. So I bring you another family favorite growing up. Brings back so many memories.

Enjoy your Rudolph Day!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow. Thank you for all your hard work finding these awesome ideas! I'm am gonna have DS17 (who likes cooking and baking) to help with the fudge!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cannot wait to sit down and look at all theses wonderful ideas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A beautiful day here for Rudy day.
I tidied the gift closet, put things in their right boxes. Ticked what has been achieved in my planner. I still need to work on stocking fillers but gifts are coming along nicely considering it is only April.
Am burning a Yankee candle and the house smells like butter frosting. YUM. Makes me think of Christmas baking.

• Love
Reactions: Minta and jampss

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
That fudge recipe looks great. May have to give that a try this year. I also love that photo Christmas ornaments too. Will have to bookmark that page for the future.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm listening to the music now. :) Thanks for the links!

I don't sew but I did enjoy watching how the the Christmas tree napkins were made. I thought the same idea could be applied to scrap book paper or large pieces of heavy wrapping paper.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Thank you Myron's Mom for the suggestions, the movie was very cute! ......and I will listen to the you tube music suggestion again and again. I will keep looking for the book to read..........and I am intrigued with the reading pillows.......!!

Laurie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks for all the links. I haven't had time to go to all of them, but hope to as time allows. Lots of hard work you put into putting together our Rudy Day Ideas, Amelia!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Thank you for hosting, Myron's Mom!!!!
That book looks right up my alley! I'm getting it to keep!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did look at the book, my library does not have it. I can get it from ebay posted from the U.S. Postage is $108.00 Australian!!
Will see where else might stock it.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My book came today! I ordered used, from Amazon for about $6 including shipping. Looks brand new. I’m looking forward to reading all the reminiscences.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hey!!! I actually finally see PEOPLE!!!

2021 05 01 Santa Village.png

:D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: jampss