June Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I would like to extend a declutter challenge to all. During the month of June I challenge you to declutter the number of items that matches the date on the calendar. So on June 1st you declutter 1 item June 2nd 2 items .....and on June 30 30 items. I did the math and that is a total of 465 items removed from your house. That's a lot. As I sit her and type this I wonder if I can do it then I thought about files, pictures, computer, garage, and craft room and I just might be able to succeed in this challenge. I have challenged my neighbor as she is always telling me she need to do her house. We are sending pictures to each other for accountability. I can share my picture here if you would like? Who is up to the challenge?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Even though DD29 and I did a very good KonMari January 2019 .... things always start wanting to pile back in. So, I could try to give this a go. I have heard about this plan. Trying to think of things when the numbers get big in the teens and twenties .... computer files ... paper clutter, I suppose .....

I have a bag of clothes stored in DD's old bedroom closet when I did the capsule wardrobe a few weeks ago. I'll go count those up! Maybe! LOL Or it will count it as ONE item ....

I just made an email sent back to me to write JUNE CHALLENGE and then put 1, 2, 3, 4, etc down the document so I can write what I got rid of. Then at the bottom I wrote out a few brainstorming ideas of areas to declutter.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a terrific idea. I have got a few hotspots in my home, linen closet, clothes closet etc. I also have a large file full of receipts that I could sort. 465 items seem like a lot but I am sure I can give it a good shot, even if I fall short I will have achieved a lot.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So far ...

JUNE

1 avocado slicer tool
2 empty mini pocket notebooks

I made up an email to send to myself over and over as I add things ... I numbered it 1 to 30. I have actually filled in "other" days, too, when I came across things in bigger numbers like .... my kid's old paper freebie library bookmarks we picked up over the years. Funny ... those weren't cut when we did the KonMari in 1/2019. Hmmmm ....

I did, however, come across the bookmarks my daughter made me when she was little!!!!!! And I have one Minecraft that my son made! Those are KEEPERS!

188650008_184147060283493_906446196019396419_n.jpg

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1. Shedded one box of paper and got it in the trash can right before they arrived.
2. Tossed two dying succulents
3. Decluttered 3 past their prime veggies from the refrigerator

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
JUNE

1 avocado slicer tool - donate box
2 empty mini pocket notebooks - donate box
3 three bathroom items: soap dish, animal bobby pins set, water pik - donate box
4 old boxes broken down - placed in recycling

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
16 bags of Teigans clothes out that didn't sell at the rummage sale to shop for them to pay you for and then they will donate if you do not come back and pick up the ones they don't buy.

Sorry, I know I am not following the days amount but tickled to get stuff out!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1. Shedded one box of paper and got it in the trash can right before they arrived.
2. Tossed two dying succulents
3. Decluttered 3 past their prime veggies from the refrigerator
4. Four pots that plants came in from the nursery.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Today, I found the loveseat, Jaymee's chaise lounge chair that is here and the other half of the couch. Lots of stuff pitched and some items put to where they belong. Stuff has been piling up and I finally had to clear it. Also, cleaned kitchen counters and pitched some stuff.