~~~ Countdown to Halloween 2021 ~~~

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Creeping up!!!!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
just went to walmart. got a halloween tumbler that was on on clearance. my friend at works always saids she doesnt think about any holiday untill its here. not us thats whats so great about this group. we all enjoy the holidays and when we see things we get them.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure what we will do about Halloween this year. It is a holiday that is not widely celebrated but is becoming more popular. Last year was a bust with the virus and the weather.
I normally do a few little things for my kids but with both of them out of the house this year I may give it all a miss. Still plenty of time to decide.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My son told us the other day that his steam teacher is helping him make his halloween costume. He definitely takes after me when it comes to the holidays.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Not sure what we will do about Halloween this year. It is a holiday that is not widely celebrated but is becoming more popular. Last year was a bust with the virus and the weather.
I normally do a few little things for my kids but with both of them out of the house this year I may give it all a miss. Still plenty of time to decide.
I still mark the holidays that I used to when Sophia was little - Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween - but instead of little gifts, I pop a card in the post with a couple of gift cards. Young adults really appreciate the little extra splurge, especially when they are on a budget.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
but instead of little gifts, I pop a card in the post with a couple of gift cards. Young adults really appreciate the little extra splurge, especially when they are on a budget.
Pamela. A great idea. DS still has his Easter things here as he has not been home. In reality a GC to the local supermarket posted in a card would have been better. Will think of it for next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Getting closer....

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
166 Days to go!!! :)

We were not able to get our Halloween camping trip booked - it's booked solid now. We're hoping to still snag a site if we can catch it when someone cancels.

The entire week was initially booked - Sunday to Sunday - which was weird. We're signed up for cancellation alerts - and we started waking up to a ton of them each morning - people cancelling at midnight and then turning around and rebooking the same site for less days. Ending up with a Thursday to Sunday booked - which is more normal.

UGGGHHHHH!!!

Just have to let that go I guess!!! We booked a trip earlier in the month as out backup plan. If we don't get the campsite for the dates we'd hoped then maybe we'll have a bonfire in the backyard instead and invite over a few friends. We'll see!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
maybe we'll have a bonfire in the backyard instead and invite over a few friends. We'll see!
Not as exciting as a trip away but fun all the same. I think bonfires and friends are wonderful.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I planted pumpkin and decorative gourd seeds. I'm hoping for some to use for decorating!!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I love Halloween! We usually participate in our church’s fall fest by having a Trunk or Treat vehicle and then someone in my family usually has a party. I had to give up my BooBash a few years ago because it was too much work and my kids and hubs were tired of it. This might be a good year to reinstate it!! Scaled back version of course!!