2021 - HHP - Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week I'll be splitting time between home, work, clean up at my brother's place and the HHP. I'm not sure what will get done this week but here goes:

This Week's Household Checklist

• Declutter and organize craft area. This should be quick and easy since I did this earlier in the year too.
  • Make a list of craft materials to buy.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Put tentative dates on the calendar for family gatherings, activities, etc.
  • Review gift lists.
  • Any unfinished crafts projects?
  • Any gifts to make? Be realistic and start a list.
Still to Do:
  • Declutter and clean the computer area and drawers.
  • Put away the 2020-2021 school year paperwork.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
*declutter creative spaces :)
*assess store craft materials :)

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
*create seasonal calendar :)

*start a shopping list :)
*review gift lists :)
*begin a "Gifts to Make" list :)

Last edited:

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Well the past few days have been crazy but wonderful, my daughter & her husband had their first child, and our first grandchild. We are over the moon, but busy. So, I am hoping to be able to get things done this week but we shall see. I will be at her home most days this week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well the past few days have been crazy but wonderful, my daughter & her husband had their first child, and our first grandchild. We are over the moon, but busy. So, I am hoping to be able to get things done this week but we shall see. I will be at her home most days this week.
Congratulations! Enjoy your time with daughter and grandchild! :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Wonderful news Laurie!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Congratulations, Laurie!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Congrats Laurie!

HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
  • Deep clean basement linen closet
  • Reorganize basement freezer
  • Start cutting plants outside
  • Use my 'ber' months calendar tow follow chores, Christmas prep, Halloween Prep, Fallwork. food prep.
  • Regular housechores
HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
  • Make a sample Christmas ornament
  • Find a card insert
  • Start another handmade gift

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't get to the paperwork from last week. I spent most of the week cleaning up the flooding at my brother's auto shop. I'm hoping that next week I am not as exhausted and sore at night so I can do the paperwork.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I completed the Living room/entry earlier this week. I did get a couple door mat for the front and side doors. I would like to redo my Christmas card list. I have the cards and am waiting for Christmas stamp to go on sale. I may address cards in early October.
DH is going to be gone for a long weekend the first part of October so I may get his help with prepping the last item on the spruce up list. If he doesn't seem interested I will do the prep while he is gone. It's a big project so will see how it goes.
I am still waiting so hear from the foundation people. They probably called the house and we are not there so maybe Tuesday we can make contact.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Congratulations Laure, that is wonderful news.

Reactions: HouseElf

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Congratulations!

Reactions: HouseElf

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I can't wait for grandchildren! Of course my kids need to grow up a bit, find their person and maybe get married first! :).

Busy over here. Going in 10 different directions. Fall is always like this. More busy than most years though as DS has a lot of high school activities going on. Spent the week pretty much trying to spend a little time in every household category to get a grip on where I'm at. Need to settle on a category and paper isn't "quite" it yet though my paper situation is pretty deep. But I touched on it. I do have my calendars and such in line and school papers are all signed and in for DS. Christmas list got a quick glance. I still don't know what Christmas is going to look like this year and who will be where. Mudroom/Craftroom is being purged via 5-Minute Room Rescue and then got an extra long hit this week. Got a F-250 truckload out of the garage and off to the dump. That is one of prob 3 loads that have been backed up over the course of the pandemic. Happy to see it go. More to load. On top Week 3.

HolidayMom -- Flooding? So sorry. :(

Last edited: