Crafters Challenge October 10th--October 16th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Halfway through October!!!!!!! -----Well, in 5 or 6 days.

I have been buying stuff that I see when I go to Dollar Tree for stuff I see people making. Hope to get a few things done.

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of stuff made last week. TFS with us!

What are your plans for this week???

Happy Crafting!!!!!

Reactions: HouseElf and jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I need to sew 3 more AG doll outfits and get them wrapped and ready to take to dgds at the end of the month.
I am tempted to see if I can come up with 12 more items no purchases but from my stash....purpose is to use up what I have. I will have to look around. I am taking an older Christmas tree to them.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I was able to spend nearly the whole day in the studio yesterday. I haven't done that for so long! I've got a very good start on a Monster Truck quilt for Valentin's BD (turning 3) and made a machine embroidery haunted house decoration for DD#2's family. I like it so much that I want to make one for DD#1's family and also one for myself. I can work on the quilt while the elements stitch out on the embroidery machine.

My major goals for the week are to work on the quilt, make more haunted houses (2 I hope), and start a knitting project (fingerless mittens or socks).

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
IMG_4115.jpg

I used Mod Podge dishwasher safe and glass plates from $Tree

IMG_4114.jpg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Debbie ~ Those are great. I didn't realize there was a dishwasher-safe Mod-Podge. Have you actually tried it in the dishwasher? I'd like to do it on some vases, and then I could at least hand wash them.

I finished one more haunted house yesterday and made some very good progress on the Monster Truck. I've just been knitting on an afghan for myself while I procrastinate getting the fingerless mittens started.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Halimer, the plates are cute, especially the dog one. I’ve never used the dishwasher safe one either.
Working on the quilt blocks. I really should be cleaning house.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Since the plates have to "cure" for 4 weeks I haven't tried washing them yet. It is supposed to be top rack dishwasher safe.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Wow. I blinked and a month went by since I've been on! You guys have been so impressively busy, getting all the things done.
I cannot say the same.
I've gotten some material for some projects and washed it up, knitted some, used up my velvet scraps making pumpkins and acorns and that's about it. Most of my craftiness has been spent mending and on household stuff like hemming curtains, making a cover for the dog's bed, etc.

I told my husband, I think I'm going to lay claim to one day a week as mine- crafting only. Everyone else can do all the things around here one day a week and we'll get pizza or something, but I haven't really gotten much chance to work on the things I want to, and I really want to. We''ll see if it actually happens...... He flies in today and, strangely, we don't have too much on our schedule that we need to handle while he's home so maybe I can at least get a day. Keep your fingers crossed!

You guys are doing amazing! I love the things you've made. And, Amelia, that quilt!! Absolutely beautiful!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Since the plates have to "cure" for 4 weeks I haven't tried washing them yet. It is supposed to be top rack dishwasher safe.
Please report back!

... Working on the quilt blocks. I really should be cleaning house.
That's proCRAFTinating! I do it all the time. Today I'm making a list of non-crafting things I really need to get done.

Chris ~ I hope you can make that "me" time happen!

I've made the three Haunted Houses. Now to get the two mailed to DDs. Also made more progress on the Monster Quilt. I have the blocks sewn into rows and ready to sew the rows together. Then to decide if I want to put a border on it. It's pretty big without one. And I'm knitting my afghan in the evenings while watching TV.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Working on a crochet scarf. Dniece took home the knitted cowl I finished a few weeks back. Not waiting for Christmas to give it to her because she bought and OLD rackity small trailer and I think she might get cold this winter in that. DH is worried about her in there.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ The neck/ear warmers I made last year were wonderful small projects to use up small amounts of leftover yarn and make wonderful little cowls to wear when my neck gets cold. They are quick to knit or crochet, too. I made them in loads of colors, so I have a whole wardrobe of them. I also made them for gifts. You could make a few for your DNiece. Maybe she could use some fingerless mittens, too. Nice that you are concerned about her.

I got the haunted houses ready to mail yesterday. DH will take them to the post office to get the correct postage. I also found another Kreative Kiwi design that I couldn't help downloading and stitching up yesterday. It's a darling turkey. DH suggested I make one for a neighbor. I think it's a good idea. Need to find the time. It took me most of the day yesterday to complete this one.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie, those plates are amazing. I can think of so many applications for something similar. Coffee mugs would work well too.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2021 10 15 Lime Green Rat Coaster.jpg

I made this and sent it to DD29! She had asked for a black one last year with orange and yellow ... but apparently it got burned when she set a candle on it!!!!!!!!! o_O I'm like, "GIRL!!! YOU BE CAREFUL WITH CANDLES and FIRE!!!"

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Jampss, Oh my gosh!!! That is so cute and I love the colors! My candles are all battery operated here, I’m too forgetful and clumsy.

Quilt top is done and binding is made. I’ve pieced the backing and cut the batting. As soon as I rest my back I’ll get it sandwiched. Then I absolutely must finish my house cleaning!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I spent time in the craft room today making more count down to Christmas items for Dgds. I was going to do 12 but I managed to come up with 24. Some of it is easy and some is harder. I will tell Dgds if they have trouble doing the craft to FaceTime me and I will help. It's the only way I know how to do Christmas long distance. Anyway, I got used more inventory supplies.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
jampss ~ Just darling!

Reactions: jampss