Getting in Shape for Christmas 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not walking as often at the moment, need to get back to it. For me I think it does make a difference and I don't want to stop it all together. Will need to be mindful of changing my routine soon as it will be Summer here and way too hot to walk. Will need to get up and walk early or not at all.
Might need to look at a few more YouTube videos and "walk" inside.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got on the scales this morning and finally hit my second goal, so am at the weight I wanted to be for the wedding. Have set a new goal to lose 5 more kilos, probably won't happen before the wedding but soon after I hope. I did shed a tear, I have not been this weight for probably 20 years or so..

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Congratulations Katrina! You did it! You will look fabulous in those wedding photos!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
You did it! Lots of hard work. Congratulations looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Got on the scales this morning and finally hit my second goal, so am at the weight I wanted to be for the wedding. Have set a new goal to lose 5 more kilos, probably won't happen before the wedding but soon after I hope. I did shed a tear, I have not been this weight for probably 20 years or so..
That's fantastic! High Five!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So. I did this workout this morning!!!!! :D

Before Christmas ... we have a family reunion in West Palm in mid-October! I bought a swim dress. My old bathing suit was threadbare.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Fantastic job, Katrina!

I did notice that with all the physical therapy appointments I've been going to these last 8 weeks that I have better defined legs. The shorts fit even better than before. I'll be curious as to how my long pants fit when I pull them out next month.

I also seem to crave less sugary/starchy foods. I don't know if it's to do with exercise or the fact that I don't eat as much as I use to eat them. When I do have those foods, it's almost too much, like a bite is enough for me. Has anyone else noticed that too?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Katrina, congrats on reaching your goal. I know it's a big deal!

I thought I'd stop in and say HI to all of you on this health journey like me. I have a really big goal I'm trying to reach by November 19th so I need to work really hard after a 3 week break. I took 2 weeks off from journaling and following my normal food routine, then I was forced into a third week because I've been sick. Ive eaten more carbs this past week than I have in the past 2 months. I could only handle chicken noodle soup, with ALOT of noodles, bread, oatmeal, crackers and stuff like that. I feel a bit bloated and am not even going to get on the scale until I have this week past me. It's also election season in my world, so that means I can't be in the pool again until Mid November. That part sucks!!! I do make up for it with walking alot, but I miss being in the the water. I do post alot about food and my journey on my personal facebook page if anyone wants to friend me as well. I have several people from MHH on my friend list, but not everyone by any means. I'm kinda weird about putting anyone on I don't really know, but I'm all for encircling myself with people who are also focusing on diet changes and their health right now. Just message me if you ware interested and I'll give you my name on Facebook. I'm about 88 to 90 pounds down (dependent on the past 3 weeks) and am shooting for 100 pounds by that November date I shared above.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'll also try and do better about participating here on the board in this group. I go in spurts where I'm here for a couple months and then not. What I need to do is figure out how to really do this from my phone or tablet, because getting to my PC just doesn't happen on a regular basis anymore.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Katrina - you are wonderful!!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Hi all.
Wanted to report that since I have been preparing for this stair climb, finally, I feel I am getting somewhere.
Just yesterday I felt my fitness level improving.
I don't want to let that go so I want to still do the stairs a couple of times a week for as long as I can. The town where the stairs are gets snowy and will get dark super early in the winter. But for the next month, at least, I can still do it a couple of times a week.

Also, was thinking, in 2021, it is the most I have exercised in a long time but I'm hit and miss. I'll do it for a month or so, then stop for a couple of months, then start again.

My goal for 2022 is: CONSISTENCY. For eating and exercising.

So glad to see MinnieCo here. Congrats on your health changes!!!

And to everyone who is putting in the work to live a healthy and fit life!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, thank you. Good on you for doing so well with your therapy. I think you mentioned starting a section for general health next year. Keen to help set something up.

Michelle, will send a friend request if that is OK, I am very interested in following your journey.

Annie, I love your goal for 2022, consistency is the perfect word. One of my biggest fears is putting the weight back on post wedding so will need a lot of strategies, mindfulness and support for that not to happen. I cannot get back to where I was.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I cannot get back to where I was.
I think that is where I am on my journey. I can not go back to where I was. It took 11 years, through the process of elimination, to figure out what was going on with my leg. I have to prioritize myself from now on. Which really means I have to think how I'm going to do that. Once the twice a week appointments are gone and my person "cheerleader" isn't around, how do I keep on doing this? When do i keep up with the exercise?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
When do i keep up with the exercise?
Make an appointment to exercise and treat it just like a “real” appointment. It is no less important than a PT or doctors appointment. In fact it is more important because it is a ME appointment.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mary- Can you just hold that time in your schedule for exercise?
We will be your cheerleaders!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Once the twice a week appointments are gone and my person "cheerleader" isn't around, how do I keep on doing this? When do i keep up with the exercise?
Mary, I am not sure how things work over there. I work for a physiotherapist and a lot of my patients book in for regular "review" appointments.
It might be 3 monthly or 6 monthly. It means that the patient is more likely to keep up with their exercise program if they know that the physio will review them.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've started wearing my Fitbit 24/7, except when it's charging or when I'm in the tub. It syncs with the my fitness pal app. I'm trying to stay around 1200-1400 calories per day. It won't be fast weight loss, but I should begin to see some weight loss. It's what I think I can live with right now. I'm not beating myself up if I have a bad day. My main goal at this point is to create awareness of what and how much I'm eating so I can readjust my eating habits to stay within that goal.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary- Can you just hold that time in your schedule for exercise?
We will be your cheerleaders!

Annie
Well, he fits me in whenever he can so it's not like I have a set date and time other than twice a week for an hour. But I agree. I need to hold the time.

I will take you up on the cheerleading!
It might be 3 monthly or 6 monthly. It means that the patient is more likely to keep up with their exercise program if they know that the physio will review them.
I don't know either. The only experience that I had was with my dd who broke her ankle and went for the therapy while still wearing the cast. She didn't for any follow up.
Make an appointment to exercise and treat it just like a “real” appointment.
Actually, I bet if I schedule it for 7 am Tuesday and Friday, it's likely to get done. They are the least cRaZy times and days with family life.