thanksgiving 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So, I've made the decision to go to my niece's for Thanksgiving Day. It's always interesting as she is vegetarian and her mom (Sis#2) is back on a clean eating plan. So, I doubt there will be any of the regular family favorites. But, what is important is being with family. And, DD and DSIL can't be 3+ hours away, should the weather become an issue. I have a wedding to attend on Friday, and DD and I will head to Michigan on Sat. to place a wreath on my DH's grave, and visit with Mom, Sis#4 and niece and nephew. Not ideal, but I can't be in 2 places at once. Need to get with niece about what I can bring on Turkey Day.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My son would go for the soup, no question about that!

A slight change in plans for us. I ordered dinner from a restaurant that we both like. I don’t have to cook or do tons of dishes! I’ll still make a pumpkin pie even though it’s included in the dinner. I’ll go out early Wednesday so I can hit Joann’s and Tuesday morning first to see if there is anything worth going out for on Black Friday.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So, I've been asked to bring the charcuterie for appetizers. I've done it before, so it's not an issue. Thinking of having a small group (DD, DSIL, maybe a couple of friends) for Sunday after thanksgiving, since I know we'll be craving some of the family favorites / guilty pleasures. And, maybe i can get a little help getting the tree up to the living room. Hmmmm ...

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
So, I've been asked to bring the charcuterie for appetizers. I've done it before, so it's not an issue. Thinking of having a small group (DD, DSIL, maybe a couple of friends) for Sunday after thanksgiving, since I know we'll be craving some of the family favorites / guilty pleasures. And, maybe i can get a little help getting the tree up to the living room. Hmmmm ...
LOL! Entice the "helpers" with food and drink and merriment while decorating the tree. It works here. :D

My parents started to do that too when my oldest was able to drive to their house. My parents always found that having "youth" around makes for a more festive holidays.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Hi all. It will be the 5 of us so we are ordering Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving dinner. Thw bigger that will be soon much food but we will send leftovers with DS. I will need to cook some chicken for DS3 that does not eat Turkey and maybe another side.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi all. It will be the 5 of us so we are ordering Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving dinner. Thw bigger that will be soon much food but we will send leftovers with DS. I will need to cook some chicken for DS3 that does not eat Turkey and maybe another side.
Have you used Cracker Barrel before??

Azmom24hr7dz

Premiere Member
Jun 2, 2015
We will be having our son and his girlfriend our daughter, her boyfriend, and our two granddaughters and our neighbors who have no family around. My husband is smoking a turkey breast and a small ham on the smoker and we will have all our traditional‘s, mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, Corn, sweet potatoes and pumpkin and apple pie. It is supposed to be in the 70s here so we will have everything outside on our patio it will be a beautiful day and then as tradition after we eat dinner I have the artificial tree up and everyone helps to decorate it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We will be having our son and his girlfriend our daughter, her boyfriend, and our two granddaughters and our neighbors who have no family around. My husband is smoking a turkey breast and a small ham on the smoker and we will have all our traditional‘s, mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, Corn, sweet potatoes and pumpkin and apple pie. It is supposed to be in the 70s here so we will have everything outside on our patio it will be a beautiful day and then as tradition after we eat dinner I have the artificial tree up and everyone helps to decorate it.
Sounds like a lovely meal and lots of fun.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This sounds like it will be a lovely day.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We moved the turkey from the freezer to the fridge this morning to start thawing. It always seems to take forever! So here's the reminder to start thawing your turkey in the fridge if it's 16 lbs or larger. ;)

I will take my bread out to thaw...bought some fresh Italian loaves to use for stuffing last week....on Tuesday so I can cut it to get ready for stuffing prep. Pies will be made on Wednesday evening. The rest will be made on Thursday morning.

Today I will search for some fall plates to add to the tabletop and maybe some chargers for the dishes.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
On the menu at our house:

Turkey breast in crockpot
Stuffing with cooked chopped potatoes added and lots of sage
Squaw corn......New recipe ...bacon, onion, green pepper,frozen corn and brown sugar.
Husband likes canned green beans in casserole the rest of us like frozen so squaw corn it is!

Cranberries simmered in Orange juice
Pecan pie made with maple sryup
Coffee, tea pineapple juice

Laurie
Word for 2021 JOY

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Merry Thanksgiving to all MHHers. Doesn’t matter if you celebrate or if you are already done. Enjoy Thaksgiving to the best you can.

We will have tacos so other than getting out three recipe cards I do not have much to do. Cheese is already grated. Hamburger is in the freezer. Shells are here, both crispy and soft. Will try to get Dh to make an apple pie but if not it will be fine.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom