Crafter's Challenge January 2nd---January 8th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to another year with getting to know you all better and for us all sharing our projects and ideals!!!

I know the last couple of years I have not really gotten to craft much but hoping it changes this year. I need to get my sewing/craft room back! I am going to start working on it. Teigan even ask if I we are ever get our room back to craft in. And my golly if she wants to craft, I am determined to keep her going!

What are your plans for the week?

I WILL start cleaning in there.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ My granddaughters seem to love crafting with me. It may be as much about spending time together as the actual crafting, but we've done some very nice projects.

I'm going to continue with my new tradition of having a "Rudy January". I would like to make some Christmas cards and some treat bags for grandchildren. Additionally, if I have time and don't get distracted, I hope to make a banner or two for myself.

That said, I also need to get crackin' on some Craftermath Control, including some purging if I can will myself to do it!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaning here this week. Gone through some of my crafting supplies. Found some ornament kits I bought back in the 80’s that I have forgotten about tucked in the back of a cabinet. I think I’m going to make up most of them, the others will go to my friend. I have a bag of craft stuff for her already. I’ll keep cleaning in between packing up Christmas.
I’d like to make Christmas cards this year (finally) so I’m trying to find everything I need. The main item for my CIJ ornaments is supposed to be on its way. The delivery has been delayed twice now. I want all the supplies for those 2 projects by the end of the month. I’m lacking confidence in the supply chain.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Jampss nice sweater

Myron’s mom. I’m with you on worrying about the supply chain. I have a knitting project on this year Christmas list and like to buy supplies on sale. Could only find one place here that sold it and they were almost out and not knowing when it would be in stock again i ordered it and paid full price.

I also ordered the backing for the quilt top I hope to get done this month. Was able to get it on sale.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have decided that I really need to rejoin this group. This past year I made nothing for anyone for Christmas. Oops I made Kayla an ornament from shells she picked up during our Miami Beach vacation and one for Kenny he went to LA to work the LA Marathon and his company paid for him to run in it so I made him one with their logo and his time on the back. He wants a board for his medal and bib and one of the pictures of him crossing the finish line yeah that was going to be a Christmas present that never happened. I did craft since I had to make stuff for people I work with. The ones Kayla work with and Kenny's employees, but that was it. I told my mom she has a blanket coming but I still havent worked on that yet. My sister asked me to make a shirt for her yep not done yet. One of Kayla's cashiers texted her to see if I could do another wine glass for her for next week, I am hoping to get that done tonight for her since she is dropping off Eggs and milk to us after she gets out of work tonight since we are out of work due to having Covid which I can't wait to go back to work

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I also finished an acrylic painting on watercolor paper.
269980146_10160106875544626_4971756283326111430_n.jpg

My clouds are not perfect but Jesse Robertson is doing a 'cloud challenge' during the next few weeks, so might try it out to work on that

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Finished the crochet scarf, needs to be blocked. I love the color but not that wool, it is rough.
Will start a pair of knitted socks next
The wool may soften up when washed. I have heard of people adding a touch of hair conditioner to the rinse.
Nice painting of cabin as well.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jody, yes I would like to do my own cards... but I run out of time. I would like to learn watercolor which is faster (less stuff to take out too!) and maybe do the cards in watercolor.