Gift Closet 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few stocking items today. I got a 4 pack of tomato pizza sauce with a use by date of 2024, that will go with some pizza trays, cutter and a book on baking pizzas as a gift for DB.
Got DS an after shave splash which was half price so thought he might like that.
Got DD a 4 sided nail buffer to go into a little pack with a nail file, nail polish, cuticle oil and polish remover. It will be a little gift from the dogs.
Got Mum 2 packets of her favourite lollies that I will put in a jar from Santa. This was not on my list for today but they were such a good price that I could not pass them up. I think I have bought all the jar lollies now.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Buffy usually gives food gifts but last year she gave lint (dog hair) removers.
Oh, that is such a good idea. My dogs shed fairly heavily so a lint roller would be a wonderful gift. Could add a funny tag. TFS.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Found most of the things on the list my son sent me. All kitchen items including a cast iron skillet and garlic press.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM that is wonderful. You must be pleased.

Kitchen items for our sons must be a thing. I found a 3 piece wooden handled cheese knife set for my DS today. I think if I can find a nice wooden cutting board it will make a nice gift. If not I will use it as a gift for DH's work Christmas gift exchange.

Got some lovely coffee syrups, Caramel and Vanilla for DD, will look for some Starbucks pods a little later, the use by date is no good right now.

Very pleased with how the gift closet is looking for April.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES Sunflowers .. so much that she has sunflower tattoo LOL, anyway Color Street just came out with a Sunflower nail strip set. I order her a set for now and 2 more to tuck into her stocking. Tucked more money into the Christmas Club account too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES Sunflowers .. so much that she has sunflower tattoo LOL, anyway Color Street just came out with a Sunflower nail strip set. I order her a set for now and 2 more to tuck into her stocking. Tucked more money into the Christmas Club account too.
Well done Minta. I feel so "proud" when I find something that I know that our kids will love. My DD mentioned that growing up she always wanted a certain brand of nail polish but it was never available in Australia. I looked on EBay last week and got her 4 bottles to put away as a gift. I think she will really enjoy it.

Tucking money away is one of my priorities too right now, I cannot believe we are heading into May!!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well done Minta. I feel so "proud" when I find something that I know that our kids will love. My DD mentioned that growing up she always wanted a certain brand of nail polish but it was never available in Australia. I looked on EBay last week and got her 4 bottles to put away as a gift. I think she will really enjoy it.

Tucking money away is one of my priorities too right now, I cannot believe we are heading into May!!!
Awesome that you could find her favorite nail polish!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just saw some Giant skittles in one of the shops catalogues. Want to get a few packets for in stockings, I think that they would be fun

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
5.11Tactical is having 20% off sale so I ordered some pants for husband and son. I’m not sure how long the sale is for the 5.11 “fans” out there.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked 2 - 6 pack of character socks. that were on clearance. One was Xbox themed for DS and the other set is an anime cartoon show for DD' BF. Got them tucked away for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked 2 - 6 pack of character socks. that were on clearance. One was Xbox themed for DS and the other set is an anime cartoon show for DD' BF. Got them tucked away for Christmas.
Oh, novelty socks are always a hit here. I have some Batman ones tucked away for DH. I would love to find him the matching trunks.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Oh, novelty socks are always a hit here. I have some Batman ones tucked away for DH. I would love to find him the matching trunks.
I always get DS at least 6 mew pair of novelty socks; he waits for them!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My son likes the novelty socks too.

Found a couple of books for my son at the thrift shop. My cousin loves the color lavender and I happen to see a cut glass lavender vase at the thrift shop. I’ll wash it up and fill it with some gourmet chocolates to go with her other little gifts.

I picked up a grill set and some grilling gloves for my son. They weren’t on sale but they had exactly what I wanted and with the supply chain issues I just got them.

Found a few more movies at dollar tree for my husband.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, you found some great gifts,
My thinking is the same as yours. I do no know what things will be like by Christmas so if I see something that I think someone would like or need I get it now rather than wait and possibly miss out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I bought a $100 gift card for DD today from one of her favourite stores. The clothing there is quite reasonably priced and I think she will be able to get a lot for her money. I am not sure if this will be for Christmas or her birthday in January. We went to Target and they had a gorgeous pink striped large tote bag on clearance for $2. I bought it and then realised it is actually an insulated lunch type bag. I am kicking myself now that I did not get a few more. They would be great to have in the gift closet. Oh well.
Did pick up some hand wash, a rose scented body wash and some double sized hair ties for DD. All will go into the gift closet to be used in stockings.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I bought a $100 gift card for DD today from one of her favourite stores. The clothing there is quite reasonably priced and I think she will be able to get a lot for her money. I am not sure if this will be for Christmas or her birthday in January. We went to Target and they had a gorgeous pink striped large tote bag on clearance for $2. I bought it and then realised it is actually an insulated lunch type bag. I am kicking myself now that I did not get a few more. They would be great to have in the gift closet. Oh well.
Did pick up some hand wash, a rose scented body wash and some double sized hair ties for DD. All will go into the gift closet to be used in stockings.

Oh that insulated bag is a great find, cant beat that price!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of the local DVD shops is closing down. They sell movies, music and games. I think it will be the last shop in our area that sells DVD's, all on line now.
Picked up one season of a show that DS likes it was 1/2 price and cost $17. (Everything was half off). Mum picked him up an entire series of another show at a very good price. I think my DB is heading there for a look.
KMart had quite a lot of their Summer clothes still on clearance. I got Mum 3 tee shirts and some sox which I will put away. The bargain of the day was KMart were clearing their pedestal electric fans. Mum picked up 3 as they were $3.00 each. Will be great for back up for this coming Summer.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Kitchen items for our sons must be a thing. I found a 3 piece wooden handled cheese knife set for my DS today. I think if I can find a nice wooden cutting board it will make a nice gift. If not I will use it as a gift for DH's work Christmas gift exchange.
I have been able to find some really nice cutting boards at Winner's.

Picked up some charms and a chain to make a necklace for DGD to put in with her jewelry box for Christmas. This makes her gift complete.