December Daily 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Anyone planning to do a December Daily this year? I didn't do one last year but I'm thinking I might go back and knock one out - I've got my planner with all the activity for the month plus my photos and bits of memorabilia saved. I just love Ali Edwards' blog and videos and I have so many of her, and other, supplies left. I'm in a bit of scrapbooking funk right now so a smaller project might be just what I need.

Today there is an Instagram live at 1 PM Eastern (10 AM Pacific) talking about Stories of Christmases Past. It's a slow day at work so I'm going to put on my headphones while I work on a filing project and listen in.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Sorry, but not to be dense ... what is a December Daily?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have always though it would be fun but know I would not keep it up. They are beautiful!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Sorry, but not to be dense ... what is a December Daily?
It's a memory-keeping project for the month of December, sort of a mini scrapbooking project. Tell one story a day and add photos to it and embellishments, whatever you like. Makes a great album to look back on at the holiday season. There are a lot of vendors out there who do December Daily/Document December kits and supplies but you can use any album and materials you like. My favorite vendor is https://aliedwards.com/ - she blogs through the process and makes You Tube videos. She's an amazing artist so I could never aspire to have an album as beautiful as hers but I have picked up some great design tips over the years.

Reactions: Whusky and Lori K

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I have always though it would be fun but know I would not keep it up. They are beautiful!
The nice thing about it is you don't have to put it all together in December. Take photos, do a little journaling each day about your story, and then put it all together when it's a quieter time. There are some folks who don't finish theirs until it's time to start journaling for the next December.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I love that you can add different voices to it - I make tags for Vic and Sophia for them to list their favorite things, what they are hoping for in the holiday season. I wish I had known about this project when my parents were still around, it would have been awesome to have some of their reflections of Christmases past.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
It's a memory-keeping project for the month of December, sort of a mini scrapbooking project. Tell one story a day and add photos to it and embellishments, whatever you like. Makes a great album to look back on at the holiday season. There are a lot of vendors out there who do December Daily/Document December kits and supplies but you can use any album and materials you like. My favorite vendor is https://aliedwards.com/ - she blogs through the process and makes You Tube videos. She's an amazing artist so I could never aspire to have an album as beautiful as hers but I have picked up some great design tips over the years.
I just looked at Ali Edward's 2021 December Daily flip through, and wow!
I'm not much of a crafter, but this looks lovely.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Yes, I will be doing it again this year, I’ve done one every year since I believe 2015 or 14. I’m just not as hyped about her grand launch anymore I have so much product that I try to stay away from the Facebook group during the yearly launch (because I spend so much money) and start participating further into the season.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I have been working on my 2021 album this weekend. I am on Story 18 (but stories 26 & 31 are completed.) Most people stop at 25. I go through the 31st.
I learn so much from year to year. I love watching the various YouTube videos for inspiration. I discovered them in 2019 & that is how I was finally able to actually complete my album for the first time ever.
I just want to say, if you are considering this project for the first time, it's okay if you don't have a "story" or "picture" from each day. I think that is why I didn't finish this in years past. Sometimes I use photos from the past. I use the weather of that day. I use pictures of friends/family in front of the tree that they send me because they know I use them in an album. I put a Christmas card in when a cousin wrote on the card that of all the grandchildren, I remind her the most of our grandmother. I add the photo cards people send at Christmas.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
I've been trying to find a binder similar to the one used by Ali Edward's in the 2021 flip through. I've looked on the websites for craft shops in the UK, and I'm struggling to find anything remotely like that one.
If I bought a normal binder, do you think that could work? I'm not keen on the scrapbooks with paper already in it.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I've been trying to find a binder similar to the one used by Ali Edward's in the 2021 flip through. I've looked on the websites for craft shops in the UK, and I'm struggling to find anything remotely like that one.
If I bought a normal binder, do you think that could work? I'm not keen on the scrapbooks with paper already in it.
Do you mean the size that she used in 2021? Or do you just mean the binder itself. Because any binder will work, as long as you have a hole punch that measures up to your rings, or if you’re using Page protectors that the holes on the page protectors lineup with the hole on the binder. I’ve seen more people have even made their own cover and not even use the binder just added their own pages, if you do a YouTube search you’ll find a variety of ways to house your December daily.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
Do you mean the size that she used in 2021? Or do you just mean the binder itself. Because any binder will work, as long as you have a hole punch that measures up to your rings, or if you’re using Page protectors that the holes on the page protectors lineup with the hole on the binder. I’ve seen more people have even made their own cover and not even use the binder just added their own pages, if you do a YouTube search you’ll find a variety of ways to house your December daily.
Yeah it was just the binder. I guess I thought it had to be "proper"!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Not at all. I've seen sizes (inches) from 3x8, 4x6, 6x8, 8x10, and the standard 8.5x11 which is letter size here. I think 6x8 is pretty similar to A5. I have a UK Filofax and I buy A5 from Amazon for it. I'm excited that you planning to give the project a try. Honesty, anything goes.
it's okay if you don't have a "story" or "picture" from each day
Absolutely, a story or photo do not have to be from any specific day. I've added things like a favorite You Tube video on a Christmas topic, or a screenshot from my phone.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Yes, I will be doing it again this year, I’ve done one every year since I believe 2015 or 14. I’m just not as hyped about her grand launch anymore I have so much product that I try to stay away from the Facebook group during the yearly launch (because I spend so much money) and start participating further into the season.
No kidding! I have SO many supplies, I could go a couple of years without buying anything new.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
It's YOUR December Daily, December Documented, whatever you want to call it & however you want to do it. In years past I was too hung up on doing things the way others did. Not anymore. It's for ME. It's how I want it to be.