September 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rapidly filling up the back of my car to go to the thrift shop. All the peck baskets I’ve accumulated the last couple of weeks. Odds and ends I have no use for. 13 embroidery software disks that I will never, ever use. More moose munch containers (yes, we have a moose munch issue here!) And one egg carton.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ooooooooooooo! A Moose Munch issue sounds ... divine! LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As part of my HGP goals I am wanting to get 50 items out of the house, either donated or tossed. I did get a few things into the pile last week and hope to get more this week when I work on the study.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have managed a few more items. I have a charity pick up on Tuesday and have several items. I would like to get through one more closet yet. I still have several rooms yet but they come once a month so hopefully I can share more with others.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, I don't have pick up unless say it's furniture and I think Salvation Army and Christians Concerned for the Community does a pick up. I drop things off at the thrift shop at the Humane Society (where we got DS's kitty), Good Will, Hospice, or a local run Christian place. It depends on what it is. And if I will be in the area to combine errands. :)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Worked in the study today. Got rid of a few old notebooks and some papers. I put a few books into the pile that needs to go to DS's and DD's eventually. A pair of candlesticks into the donate pile.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Emptied both bookcases from the living room that held kitchen items so one went to the charity shop on Saturday as well as floormats for both my Subaru and Sophia's (we have the rubber ones, will never use the carpet ones) plus a shoe rack and four large footlocker totes, one of which was full of plastic hangers.

The other bookcase will go next along with a couple of bags of bits and pieces that I'm still collecting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got rid of the junk that was in truck bed. Think the guys said they got $56 for it. Old metal ( lawn chairs, parts of old metal tools, pieces of old metal, old grill, old lawn mower and the such). Not bad. Have to haul it about 20 minutes north.
There will be more metal, and then the washer/dryer, have a fridge and stove also.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Got rid of the junk that was in truck bed. Think the guys said they got $56 for it. Old metal ( lawn chairs, parts of old metal tools, pieces of old metal, old grill, old lawn mower and the such). Not bad. Have to haul it about 20 minutes north.
There will be more metal, and then the washer/dryer, have a fridge and stove also.
I use a local guy who picks up metal. He works at the metal yard so it's a second income for him. I tried to sell the old dishwasher and stove on Facebook marketplace for next to nothing (and they were only three years old) but no takers. I just wanted them out of the garage. He took the old sink as well and some curtain rods and odd bits of metal that were hanging around.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday a.m. before work I took 2 bags full of plastic bags to Krogers to put into the recycling bin and I dropped a bag of plastic lids off at a church (they are recycling for a bench). Not much but a few things out that would normally be trash put to good use.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just tidied my drawers and wardrobe. 7 pairs of shoes and a garbage bag full of clothes out. I really do not need any more clothes!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Going through some drawers here I found some things that were my dad's. My Mum saved my dad's military ribbons for DS as well as some other items. DS has his own place now so time for him to have them.

I also found some lovely handkerchiefs with a crocheted edge that my Mum did. I think I will pass them on to DD as she might like them.