Thanksgiving 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I would love to buy some Thanksgiving/fall themed tableware for Thanksgiving, but I think DH would not be happy! I love dishes! lol
I never host Thanksgiving anymore and really miss doing a nice table. If I did host, I'd also like a Thanksgiving/Fall themed dinnerware. I always just admire from afar when it all hits the stores.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I never host Thanksgiving anymore and really miss doing a nice table. If I did host, I'd also like a Thanksgiving/Fall themed dinnerware. I always just admire from afar when it all hits the stores.
I adore all sorts of dishes. With the downsizing I am doing I can just only look and not buy. I, like you do admire them from afar.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Thanks for the countdown. As of right now, I'm hosting for just a small group -- DD and DSIL, and DMom + maybe one or two friends who may not have anyone to celebrate with. It will be fun to get out the good china once again. Depending on how things go this week, we may be moving DMom either over that weekend or early the following weekend -- or at least packing her up. Tentative plan is for travel Dec. 1-4, so I'm hoping we can have her moved in by Dec. 1. Will see how things play out.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
It looks as if thanksgiving will be at a lodge at a state park. DN#2 told Mama that she would like for us to have it there like we did several years ago, so that's the plan it seems. It will be on Monday or Tuesday night. I'll be working that day, so any help I give will have to be things I can make ahead.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It looks as if thanksgiving will be at a lodge at a state park. DN#2 told Mama that she would like for us to have it there like we did several years ago, so that's the plan it seems. It will be on Monday or Tuesday night. I'll be working that day, so any help I give will have to be things I can make ahead.
You can bring the paper napkins. Plates too if you are not too tired from work. Lol

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Hosting this year, new this year as in the past we would go to my brother's. Planning on a 13 but pretty sure DD's BF won't come. He is invited to everything but won't come and sits alone in the apt. His choice. We will have chicken instead of turkey since that's what I have in the freezer. I have 2 that my DB raised and gave me as a gift. All the other trimmings. Hoping to get DDil to do gluten free dressing and cornbread and I'll make sure she has a gluten free lemon pie. I am asking everyone to contribute to the meal.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Our Thanksgiving is over! Was October 10. We had rented a cottage (3 nights) with brothers, sis and parents = 10 + sil's mother and dd and boyfriend came for supper Saturday. sunday was ds, ddil and grandkids for supper.
Lovely time with family, lots of foods, laughter, chatting and games. And with the Fall colors around us it was just GREAT.

Edited to add: forgot my brothers children were with us all weekend so that was 13 to sleep for 3 nights at the cottage

Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I would love to buy some Thanksgiving/fall themed tableware for Thanksgiving, but I think DH would not be happy! I love dishes! lol
If you're going to add anything seasonal, might I suggest some "dollar store" amber-colored salad plates? Paired with autumn tablecloth and napkins, I think it would really come together. When we had our cottage, I had plain white dishes but added some clear green and blue glass salad plates and it really dressed things up nicely for when we had guests. I think I got them on the clearance table at Pier 1 Imports (obviously years ago). You might even find some amber ones in a thrift store. You could even do inexpensive plain clear glass ones, and paint a pumpkin or autumn leaf on the underside.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
It's official! I am hosting Thanksgiving this year for at least 9, maybe 11. My dad wants us all together, but my mom really doesn't want to cook for everyone. That's okay with me. I like hosting.

I think I have 9 cream plates..lol...and I think I bought small plates last year for Thanksgiving, but know that I don't have 9 of them. So I'll have to think of something. I like the idea of the amber plates. I'll start looking for something.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I adore all sorts of dishes. With the downsizing I am doing I can just only look and not buy. I, like you do admire them from afar.
I did buy a new oval serving platter. it has the word 'feast' embossed in the middle so can be used for most occasions.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I ordered some wooden cut out words from Amazon for atop the napkins/plates and also ordered round ruffled burlap placemats. I'm hoping it looks good. Still have to find some salad plates.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lisa, I can't find where the post is about extra seating room. Except when I host our immediate family, there are 18-25 or us, so no way to seat everyone at the main table. Our house is open concept with the kitchen, dining, and living room open to one another, except there's a wall between the dining and one wall of the kitchen. I have seated people at the snack bar in the kitchen. I have used small four foot folding tables set away from the main dining table, but in proximity to it. And, even though it can't be made festive looking, we use TV trays for people in the living room area.