November 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I noticed it wasn't started so decided to put it up.....

Let's see if anything gets done this month. I may start the thread some months----when I see it isn't up, but we all know it is unlikely for me to get much done!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We have cleaned out our two sheds so have decluttered some old garden hoses, plastic planters and just plain junk. Now we have room to put away our hose reels and a few other garden items.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nothing here but over the weekend we went through mom's closet (dad got her out of the house to allow us to do that), 3 big garbage bags to donation and 2 big bags in the garbage. Dad was very happy

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Loaded the car for a run to the charity shop. Two lamps, two Starbucks mugs, 2 tall mugs with plates, Corfu and Denmark souvenir mugs and plates, cup and saucer, mini salt and pepper shakers, Elf mug, two ornaments, horse stocking, Peace coasters, Go Navy, Beat Army napkins, 7 pairs of black socks, six glasses, Brita pitcher, egg holder, two Japanese-English phrase books, plastic tablecloth (new in package), and two two-ring scrapbooks with plastic page protectors.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Shredded a bunch of old bills.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Was digging in the basement. Found a box of old reel tapes that were my Dad's. Going to filter them into the trash. Mostly music he recorded off records or the radio. If I see the tape he made of my brother and I when we were very young I'll mail it to my brother. I have heard it and not interested in it now. Have someone on Market place that is interested in the Dept 56 village barns. So may have 5 barns going. Only 20 more to go but they are not Dept 56 ones. lol

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Burnt 3 bags of stuff from my room. Threw out about 4 pairs of houseshoes that were had. Some old soxs (well they needed matched for about the 100th time always missing one) got tired of keeping a bag to sort, old shirts and of course some papers. Hoping more to go out tomorrow.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Two loads of household (full rear compartment of Ford Escape SuV) gone, mostly stuff from the boat.
One bag of like new tops given to a friend. Told her if they fit, they're hers; if not, donate them. I don't want them back.
Two more bags of clothing ready to go.
Have several boating-specific items to list on Marketplace and/or on our marina's buy-sell-trade page.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got 3 bags out of my room last night for trash. Old night gowns, more papers (why do I keep stuff), and cleaned out the 3 drawers on computer desk and threw out all the computer games from when kids were small. They had disk and then CD ones. Brought back lots of memories.

Okay my bedroom has alot in it. When Jaymee moved back home in 11-17 I brought the computer desk in here, my file cabinet, sewing table already having a queen size bed, cedar chest, dresser, chest and a smaller chest. I have the room in here but to top off me buying fabric and craft items and trying to keep in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have ALOT to go thru so ...... Papers are bills, recipes I print and craft stuff I print or save. Hoping by Friday night to have it all cleared.

Taking all out and pulling up carpet and got a new dresser and chest. purchased. So everything is getting gone thru. Then have to empty my closet and it is loaded. Several quilts that family members have made, suitcases, decon bench in there with kids memories in it. Clothes will definitely be going.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got a sack and half so far today to pitch. I got thru the desk top and the dressers 8 drawers. Getting ready to move over to the 2 chest. Each has 5 drawers. Then the top of all 3 and the sewing table top and under it. Haven't really found anything I was missing!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did not cull anything from my Christmas decorations . It is so hard. The house is decorated and a lot less then I normally do but I have not found a balance just yet. I do know it seem to take a lot more effort then in the past. I think once I decorate the kitchen I will offer up what’s left to the kids and go from there. I have several ornaments that didn’t get on a tree. Accidentally gave one away when giving another one away. Both were in the same bin. I am planning to purchase another tree come late December when they are deeply discounted.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jody my children do not want any of my Christmas decorations. I will take pictures of a few things and offer to nieces and nephews. so sad no one wants our beautiful Christmas decor