Now Less Than One Week /Two Week Thanksgiving Warning Nov 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Two week countdown hint. Thanksgiving Dinner tastes just as good if you have your Christmas up. Perhaps even better.

Reactions: jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So when you're two weeks out, what's one to do? Order carpet for installation on the 16th, and all furniture must be moved out of the guest bedroom and the foyer and landings must be entirely cleared. AND you have a guest coming for the Thanksgiving holiday. I've just got to laugh and laugh and laugh at my timing.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Got to get a move on - so far I have corn and fixings for green bean casserole. Just can't seem to get in the groove with so much upheaval still in the house. Hoping that the last kitchen appointment is coming soon so I can really get in a better frame of mind and a move on.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So when you're two weeks out, what's one to do? Order carpet for installation on the 16th, and all furniture must be moved out of the guest bedroom and the foyer and landings must be entirely cleared. AND you have a guest coming for the Thanksgiving holiday. I've just got to laugh and laugh and laugh at my timing.
We did that one year. Actually, it wasn't us ... the company had to delay a week. That holiday ... we ate at Cracker Barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Check dates on baking powder and soda please. Put your cranberry jelly/relish and black olives in the Refrig to chill. Just a little less things to remember. Make your gravy if you use a make-a-head gravy recipe.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I put all of the items I need for dinner on my WM pick up today. So it will all be "in stock" at home.

I will also pick up some napkins and paper plates today for desserts.

Just trying to figure out when I'll clean because our next two weeks are jam packed with work, parent teacher conference night, a musical at M's HS...ELF!, banquets and the day to day. I may have to take a Personal Day.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I laughed at getting the Christmas out before Thanksgiving. I love my Thanksgiving decorations.

I have two batches each of cranberry bread, stuffing and sweet potatoes made and frozen. I'll make and freeze two batches each of creamed spinach and mashed potatoes next week. I'll also shop around for best turkey prices since my shopping habits have changed again. I'll make pumpkin pie and baked apples the week of Thanksgiving.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am taking a cheeseball/crackers to my sisters and told her I would check later to see if she needs more vegetable dishes or desserts. We usually try to help each other fill in what is missing when we have get togethers.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So, I've been assigned my dishes to bring to DD and DSILs for Thanksgiving dinner. Green bean casserole (with a special ingredient) -- my DSIL insists that I bring it as it's his favorite, and I'm also bringing a pumpkin pie and a dutch apple pie, along with a container of whipped topping. DD said they got the turkey yesterday, and she's providin the stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and cranberry sauce. DSIL's sister is bringing either sweet potatoes or brussels sprouts. My Mom is insisting that she bring something, so I told her she can carry one of the pies. Her response, "only if I can help make it." Fine by me!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would love to see all of your Thanksgiving pictures. Diedra I think your list is very interesting.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Can you share? Or is it a secret, special ingredient?
The recipie I use calls for some soy. One year I was out of soy sauce, so I substituted terriyaki sauce and everyone loved it. I've continued with that slight variation ever since.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh went to buy a fresh (unfrozen) turkey so I could get it deboned. It was frozen solid. I do not have a place to de-thaw a turkey. So Dh will try to return it since it was suppose to be unfrozen. Not a happy camper now. Thinking I might do Prime Rib instead. A lot less trouble.

• Wow
Reactions: jampss and luludou

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL