Gift Closet 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Debbie, DFSIL and DD have a little courtyard townhouse and I thought that they could at least grown a few tomatoes or strawberries.
View attachment 878

Pamela, what great gifts you have bought. Well done.
Love this! I think I could cope with that type of garden.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The raised garden is a great idea!

Husband dockers arrived from kohl’s. He is asking for some boots from someplace I’m not familiar with so I need to check the return policy before I order.

Found another bottle of wine for our son and got most of the remaining grocery items on my list. Sent him a text asking if there were any pantry items he would like to have.

Bought a stack of movies at Walmart for my husbands buddy. Need to get some snacks to go with them and he is done.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked a couple stocking stuffers for the kids over the past couple days and a DVD for DH.

Started working a list of gifts that we want to get he nieces and nephew. Will start shopping for them net month.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I talked to Mama yesterday about her gift giving. She's 85, but still works and drives herself. She's been being cautious about going out. She doesn't do online shopping, has a debit card, but doesn't like to use it...scared of identity theft, etc. She buys for EVERYONE...all of us daughters, my DH, her grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She won't hear of not doing that. She is doing GCs for all the adults, instead of gifts....I hope that includes all the adult grandchildren, but she wants to get a gift for the greats. I plan to try and assist her along with that. Need to have another talk with her about maybe doing a theme...pajamas and socks or underwear...comfy lounge pants or something...favorite team's t-shirt....some techy gadget....for the teens/tweens...toys for the really smalls.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just ordered 3 more items - one for DS, one for DDIL and one for one of their "both" theme baskets.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The Newfoundland favour sea salts have arrived. They will go into two different gifts and their arrival finishes off those gifts.
Also finished knitting the scarf to go with the knitted hat in the tote today finishing off another gift.
Also added an apron shape gift box and some french fry boxes to hold hot choc treats for the grandchildren to the tote as well.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DGS book arrived and is safely tucked away.
When to the dollar tree to see if they had gotten some orange mesh in as dollarama didn’t get any in this year and they didn’t get any in either but they had their Christmas tins and basket wraps out so I grabbed what I needed and tucked them into the gift tote so I know where they are when the time comes.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I ordered a bunch of stuff lately so when it comes it I should be filling my gift closet. However, right now it is stuffed with all the furniture from the bedroom and upstairs hallway:(

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few things on our travels. Mostly stocking fillers. Got DD a Harry Potter pez dispenser so I think she will like that.
Got DD and DFSIL a Soda stream gas refill and some flavours so will be a combined gift for them.
I found fleece lined house sox reduced from $12 to $2 a pair so got 3 pairs, DD, Mum and I and will put them in our Easter baskets for next year.
Got some soaps that contain epsom salts, I thought they sounded interesting and will be great in a stocking for DS and DH.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Got more jams and condiments and cookies for DS and DDIL's Hanukkah gifts.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Except for holiday lottery tickets (which are not out yet) and my husbands boots (which has the short return date) I am done shopping. Bought the remaining groceries for my son today. Ordered the Santa with a mask and the toilet paper ornaments this afternoon since they are back in stock. If I happen to see something fine, but I’m done other wise. Any wants will go onto next years shopping list.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Amelia - congratulations!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I officially started shopping last week. This is the earliest since my children were preschoolers. I bought some items and they are almost all wrapped. I'm a long way off from finishing the shopping but I'm off to a good start.

Reactions: halimer

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The two oldest DGS wanted some hoodies so they are in the closet. Youngest DD finally gave me a idea for her gift so I can start looking for it. Need to check and see what I still need for her December birthday gift(27th)

Also got the gift card needed to finish up youngest DGS gift.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Earlier this week I ordered the lego to finish off the other two grandsons gifts and they have arrive. Also picked up the items to make DD knitting kit and last gift for DH. Just need to grab a gift card for oldest DS and a gift for my inlaws and I am finishe. Need to talk to DH about his parents gift and will grab DS gift card when I pick up my new glasses. Stores are almost next to each other.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My mom's pots and pans I ordered her for Christmas came in today. Two pots I ordered separate from the set were in a box together with no type of packing and are scratched on the outside. I'll have to return them to the store. Hopefully, there will be some in stock.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got the steelers handbag i ordered for my sons girlfriend today so another gift off the list. need to work on stocking stuffers

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I need to write things down so I know that I have enough stuff for everyone.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul