valentines day feb 14 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Wow! I was thinking about this recently. In the past, DH and I have gone out to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. We have two with sentimental value.

Our first date was at a locally owned seafood/steak restaurant that's been owned by the same family for almost 50 years now. My 1st DH and I had been separated for about 2 1/2 years when DH asked me out on our first date. My son, who was 5 years old, and I lived with my parents. I was teaching school at the time. It was a school night, and I didn't want to be out late, so we chose to do something local. That was November 1, 1990.

The other one is in Monroe (nearest large town, about 50 miles away). There's another locally owned restaurant on the bank of the Ouachita River that's in an old warehouse building from when there was a lot of commerce up and down the river. We ate supper at that restaurant on our wedding night, spent the night in a hotel in Monroe, and left for our honeymoon trip the next morning.

I imagine we'll have take out from the first one. I need to order DH's gift. Other than that, we don't do much. It's almost always a work day for us unless it falls on a weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Nothing this year, it will be one of those celebrations we will catch up on in July. I think it will be an afternoon tea with some heart-shaped décor and sandwiches. I have cutters for just about every holiday and season!

For now, I will decorate my three-tier server and put up my Valentine flags. I also have a WELCOME sign for the front door - a string of hearts with one letter per heart. Will have to get the photos up on my blog.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've been wondering if it's too early to put up the Valentine's day decorations but I see that some of my neighbors have already done that - of course,s some have not even taken down Christmas yet.

I got a few bits of decor from $Tree and I guess I will put them up soon. I might just add some red accents to my "winter" stuff.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
As a widow, I'd usually go to a local restaurant that I don't usually frequent, for a special dinner to remember those good times. Last year, it was a new place. But a couple of times, I've chosen a place that we'd eaten before, one that carried special memories. This year, I think it will be a home-cooked dinner. A favorite Italian grocery store, in the neighboring suburb, just posted that their red-and-white heart-shaped ravioli is now in stock. Thinking that might make a good home-cooked meal, with a nice salad and some fresh baked crusty bread. Maybe I'll pick up a tiramisu or some cannoli for dessert, too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Valentines Day is celebrated here in Australia but not to the extent that it is over there. DH and I will just do something nice for dinner here. Some pasta, something that we both like. We don't traditionally exchange cards or gifts as our wedding anniversary is 22nd of February and we would rather celebrate that day.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I do put up red hearts to keep it festive in the winter. But other than that, I don't go crazy like I do at Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD took down all the lovely Christmas Cards from the bulletin board we had put up for the cards. It looked very bare. I thought I’d cover it with some wrapping paper. Found some for Valentines but it was a little short. Decided to use it anyway. I’ll buy more when it goes on sale For next year. Oh, looks like I need to straighten it too.

Attachments

• FE642502-049F-4AAF-BAF8-7BEAE238DE02.jpeg
    FE642502-049F-4AAF-BAF8-7BEAE238DE02.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm not sure to be honest. I'm sure we won't go out to dinner anywhere, unless we do it on another day. That's always possible. I did buy a cute mylar love balloon, I think at Target, then some dollar tree heart balloons and thought I'd put them in my husbands office as a surprise. That's the only thing I have on my mind so far. I really, really want to go to a movie theater. It's been sooo long and thought maybe doing that would be nice, but they aren't really playing a whole lot. Just another possibility! I am picking up decorations though from storage. I wanted them 2 weekends ago, but my hubby forgot them. I've also been doing some dollar tree valentines crafts and projects. That's been fun.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I suppose since DH and I have both had COVID now, we can go out to eat if we want to without having to worry about catching COVID. haha! Probably not, though.