Crafters Challenge January 24th, 2021----January 30th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My craft room is the dumping ground for the moment for all the decluttering I am doing. I will need to give it a good clean at some stage. In the meantime I am continuing on the knitted teddy bear,

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
First FOCUS on finishing owl and cat calendar hangings to mail on Rudy Day.

Next ~ Continue with
"Rudy January"

• Christmas cards
  • Decide on DGC ornaments/get started
  • Christmas table runner for kitchen bar (ready for quilting when I get more thread at Joanns)
And I have some kitting projects to work on.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Working on things for DS birthday on the 5th. Picked up a couple of plain shirts for him yesterday morning. He is really into Zelda Breath of the Wild game right now so I'm doing designs on the shirts from his game. This is the first one:

https://flic.kr/p/2kvwaQE
Second one is still in progress. Need red iron on vinyl which I hope to pick up today.

Also bought a set of drinking glasses that I will etch with Zelda designs for him. Have the vinyl cut and weeded, just need to do the etching.

Bought a shirt for BIL's upcoming birthday and did the design in my Cricut software for it. Just need to wash the shirt and then get that done too.

Cut iron on vinyl for two more chapstick holders. Need to weed that and get the felt cut.

Other main goal this week is to finish all Valentines cards and continue working on the rest of the card designs I need for the year. If time, I'll keep working on Disney scrapbook pages designs too.

I bought some yarn and plan to try knitting a scarf - or maybe some socks - haven't decided yet. Will have to refresh myself on knitting via YouTube. Casting on came back easy, as did plain knit stitch - :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
A whole month gone??? I still have a tree up lol.

Still paper piecing the cat quilt. Have half the bodies left and the border. I think those pieces multiply at night.

Started back to work on husbands quilt that I started last year. The appliqué pieces from his child hood bedspread are now firmly ironed on the background fabric. So glad that is done. Will start stitching around them today. Working on what the rest of the quilt will be...

I have 9 CIJ ornaments almost finished. ( I still need to signup). I want to gather up the odds and ends for the embellishments so I can finish them tonight.

Tried to finish the ornament I started before Christmas last night. Was having a hard time seeing the black fabric. Will work on that during a “back break” this afternoon.

And I have mending to do. Good thing I have nothing going on this week.
Hope everyone has a productive week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Great projects!

Myron's Mom ~ NO! We have one more week of January!

I should be able to wrap up the owl and cat calendar ornaments today and hopefully get the February ones in the mail. Then get back to work on the Christmas cards and Christmas table runner. One more week of
“Rudy January”.

I think I’ve decided to make computer Valentine cards for the most part since time is getting short. I do want to make at least one cross stitch (or other craft) card for a DFriend.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have finished the ears for the teddy bear, they knitted up quickly. I am using a light brown wool so am able to knit in most lights.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana that bag sounds interesting.
Lucie love your painting

Shawl is finished and blocked and cards are ready for assemble. Thinking I will do that today and get them finished up.

Since the shawl is finished I need to decide what I want to pull out and work on tonight for the library knit night zoom meeting. Thought of socks but I have signed up for a sock knit along that starts on Friday.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I think that's my favorite picture I've seen of yours!

Rose ~ Nice work!

I did get the February calendar ornaments in the mail and the March ones finished up. Back to Rudy January today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, the bird is lovely. I think it is an amazing painting.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Rose - lovely shawl! I just downloaded the pattern

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
this isn't crafty. more of a DIY project. but we r finally moving along in our basement remodel or finish, as most of u know me.
I have a set of dressers that is as old as the hillside... lol 1 set is my husbands parents. the other is my grandparents.. i would like to make something out of them. like a chair by the door, with drawers, or a bench or something. It may take me more than a month. But my goal is to do something of the sort, as hubby finishes the manly things... lol

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dawn, I think that’s crafting! You are “crafting” something new out of something old.

Lucie, you are pretty handy with a brush! Have you ever thought of having your work printed for greeting cards??? I could see that bird on the front of a Christmas card.

Moving along with husbands quilt since he is out of my hair this week.

Finished the ornament with the black fabric. The ribbon I have I don’t like on it so I’ll need to shop. The CIJ ornaments are on hold. The embellishments I have look dorky so I need to shop for that too. I finished one of the ornaments kits I made. just need to cut the fabric for the band.

Got rid of my batting scraps. Was looking for some thin batting for my cousin and went through the rest of the bin. Found what Anna needs, some is going to my friend Lynn who makes charity quilts and the rest in the trash. I have 2 full rolls of batting plus part of another. I don’t need to save all those little scraps.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished teddy bears body. Legs and arms to go.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nice work y’all!

I’ve made coasters this week to coordinate with a couple of my table toppers and I continue to work on the Christmas cards. I need to decide how many I want to make so I know when to stop. LOL

I think I’ve actually decided to try to keep up with two different quilting BOMs. They will be good projects for some of my stash.

I’ve finished the herringbone cowl and ordered a couple of pins to try with it (it calls for buttons but I didn't make buttonholes). And I’ve been knitting along a bit on an afghan. We have a wedding coming up in July, and I’d like to make an afghan for that gift once I get a clue as to the couple’s color preferences. I usually check their gift registry to see what colors they seem to like.