April 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw online at a site for decluttering................"Clutter is a thief: It steals: time, space, joy, productivity, family/friends and money".......
Laurie, that is a great saying. Certainly something to keep in mind.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
2 books are ready to go. I think that I will try and donate them to the library if they will take them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2 books are ready to go. I think that I will try and donate them to the library if they will take them.
Our county library takes books and they have a book sale twice a year, spring and fall.

Reactions: Lana

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's gone. It's all gone... My mudroom hall is finally cleared of all items waiting to be donated. Dh also took an old metal gazebo from the garage to the recycling center.

I think at this point, I'll continue to declutter according to the rooms that I clean each week. I'm hoping that this will help with keeping the clutter at bay. Three of my college age dc will be moving into their own apartments by September. I told them that they can shop from our house for free if the item is older that two years and I don't have a particular fondness for it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Was getting all the clean laundry put away and ended up cleaning out the linen closet. A few things for the thrift shop, some old thin sheets to the garage for rags and 2 flat sheets to the sewing room to become quilt backs. I have another linen closet that has things from moms and grandmas. I should pull what I know I haven’t or will not use. Grandmas things I can take Memorial Day weekend and let the cousins go through them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I told them that they can shop from our house for free if the item is older that two years and I don't have a particular fondness for it.
What a great idea, saves money and helps declutter, a win win.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Grandmas things I can take Memorial Day weekend and let the cousins go through them.
You are so lucky to have linens from your Grandma. I don't have any from my family but do have a few from DH's Nanna

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am listening to .... this .... from my library’s OverDrive App .... :)

3740B8EC-5907-4C0B-8072-76B8E147EA21.png

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am trying a 'almost sort of' capsule wardrobe or she calls it a 'simplified wardrobe' from the Minimal Mom. If you type in 'wardrobe' in the search on the playlist web page, lots of fun things come up.

I went through my clothes and put the possible donations in a bag in the closet in the other room and will see if in a few months I miss any of it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMinimalMom/playlists (I don't know why YouTube video links makes the photo SO BIG??????

Edit: Oh! No BIG photo showed up! Yay!

Edit Edit: This was a good one on spring wardrobe ...

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another great link. I really need to reevaluate my wardrobe and make it work better for me.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I decided to get rid of some 'paper', in each room... that included emptying recycling bin in the kitchen, doing the inside of the kitchen corner armoire (will be giving away a chandelier and a small basket while at it), also included putting away some papers in the office and throwing some stuff out. Got rid of expired coupons, found a prescription for bloodwork I had forgotten about and which I have to take care of, getting rid of pieces of papers with phone numbers on and putting the numbers in the address book. Still have to do some in my bedroom but might be for another day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, sounds like a great decluttering day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lots of decluttering got done this weekend. Had found a box of dd's school college days and it all went in the recycling. Then I had brought down 4 other boxes of toys, clothes, etc... from the attic. Car-road toy mat & a case of matchbox toys , a red truck are all gone to ds's house. Some things went to recyclying and some to be donated.
so now I have 2 big boxes overloaded by the front door ready for recycling... which is already full! grrr.... want it out of here. DH had filled it with boxes from his garage this weekend.
I also decluttered and filed papers in my bedside table, nice!

Unfortunately, dd brought home a BIG IKEA bag full of 3-ring-binders, an xbox game and a camera. DH wants to get the camera fixed while I don't think it'll be worth the price... it's almost new, she hardly used it. As for the Xbox, we have at least 3 of these in the basement. Told ds that while he is on paternity leave to choose which 2 he wants to keep for here (he has 2 at home also) and we will get rid of the rest with the games that go with them... but that is not done yet.

Reactions: Lana and jampss