Am I the only one?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Is anyone else getting excited about this years House & Holiday Plan?

Maybe it's a distraction from the oppressive heat we're having, but I've been thinking about the plan a lot lately and going over lists in my head. I can't wait to get started!

Anybody else?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I already started LOL. I tackled my foyer over the weekend, cleaned everything, delcuttered and purged. The hall closet is next on my list and then I am tackling the kitchen cabinets.
Good for you!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am going to look at my lists and things tomorrow and then decide when to start. I am keen to go!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The pantry will get done this week at some point. I need to do inventory before my giant restocking shopping trip ( triple points at the grocery store!).
I have a quilt to make for Christmas, once that’s done I will be in full cleaning mode. I don’t like leaving my gift making to the last minute. Plan to start in the laundry room. I am anxious to get started!!!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I tackled my desk and now on to the dreaded paper mountain. Between losing my home, insurance claims, rebuilding our home and life in general the paperwork/receipts is suffocating. I wanted this out of the way since it's the most dreaded. I lost my Christmas binder so I will be starting from scratch.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I'm a HGPer and have been thinking about it, but waiting for the calendar to be updated. I don't want to get into too much deep cleaning when it's still to hot out.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Me! Me! I'll be doing the HHP. :)

I'm not sure if the website will be updated but I do have in my own personal notes that it tends to start on the first Sunday of September. If that is the case, then I believe it will start on September 5th.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I lose 2 weeks this year because of DDs wedding in October and DH and I post wedding holiday. Have to factor in that so I will perhaps be starting the last week of August.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, guess what? I just checked the Organized Home site and this is what I saw:

Organized Home site network is on the move

We're relocating and upgrading our Web site network, as we prepare for 2021 Christmas features. Please check back in a day or two; we'll be getting organized and getting ready for Christmas soon!

Soooo exciting...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Holiday_Mom- Thank you for the update!

Annie

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Ooooo... HHP has been updated for the 2021 holiday cleaning season! Looking at the calendar there, the plan starts on August 29th! That's in 10 days! I was a whole week off!

I'm looking forward to this. These holiday cleaning plans have been a nice steady comfort over the years. In a time when nothing really seems nice and steady, it is very welcomed here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm looking forward to this. These holiday cleaning plans have been a nice steady comfort over the years. In a time when nothing really seems nice and steady, it is very welcomed here.
Mary, totally agree.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
One week until the House and Holidays Plan starts! I'm already dreaming of doing some deep decluttering and deep cleaning in the rooms. I have the cleaning supplies ready. Oh, except one I just realized.

I started to use Method brand all purpose cleaner in the apple scent a few years ago. I ran out of it last year and I couldn't find it in stock at Target. I have to go out and see if I can find it. If I can't find it, I guess I'll have to burn an apple scented candle while cleaning. :D Last year, I was just thankful to have Lysol. What a difference a year makes!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ive got started. Back hallway and laundry room and closet are done except for the floors.
Yes, holiday cleaning is comforting here too. I’m a pine sol girl here. Most likely because that’s what mom used.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I'm a HGPer who may be switching over. I never really paid attention to this particular plan before. I looked at it today & I think I like it.

Reactions: happy2bme