Crafters Challenge August 1st----August 7th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome Welcome to the last full month of the summer season!!!!

Will be getting into school and then the holidays come---Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

What are you all planning to work on this week?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I know I say it every week but can you believe how quickly this year is moving.
For me, more bunting. I think 2 or 3 more sessions and we will have it done.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Not much crafting taking place since I'm living in a camper in my driveway STILL waiting on our home to be built. We lost our home in Hurricanes Laura and Delta. Finally got the foundation work going last week and the whole crew was diagnosed with Covid 19, Delta variant. Sigh! On top of that our steel framing materials appear to be delayed as well. It doesn't look like I'll be in my home this Christmas either. We ordered all new appliances in February and they still have no clue when we might get them. However, I have been burning up Amazon ordering all of the grandkids Birthday & Christmas gifts. Our local stores still have very limited stock and store hours. Five of the seven grandbabies have birthdays between October and December as well. Now storing all of this is challenging at the very least. Thankfully we have two large climate controlled storage units.

I was wanting to do something different with my tree this year using alot of ribbon. Oh well, it looks like I'll have another whole year to perfect that idea. I did purchase some video tutorials using the ribbon techniques and found it interesting. I simply cannot wait for our Hobby Lobby to be rebuilt. As of right now they are planning to open the new store around Thanksgiving which won't give me alot of crafting time. Whether I'm in my new home or not just planning how I want to decorate each and every room is still exciting.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Ellen, I wondered if you had rebuilt yet. Building back the same size of house?
No ma'am. The structure will actually be larger. We are building a barndominium/shop house. One side is a two story New Orleans style shotgun home with the wrought iron wrap around porches and the other side is garage-RV storage. The house part itself is going to be considerably downsized from what we had because we are empty nesters now. That was the hardest decision ever but I can't see keeping up with large rooms that are used once a year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ellen ~ How tragic to lose your home! Hope the rebuilding process smoothes out for you!

I need to start focusing in on Christmas gifts, too. Here are some of my ideas:
  • Leslie ~ knit scarf (she picked out the yarn)
  • Iris ~ knit fingerless mittens; knit socks (she picked out the yarn)
  • Sonja ~ Book pillow
  • Emelie ~ TBD ?
  • Julia ~ Book pillow
  • Valentin ~ knit sweater
  • Valentin (BD the day after Christmas) ~ Truck-themed quilt
  • Kathy ~ FSL cardinal
  • Other friends ~ Christmas jam?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ellen, so glad to see you are back. I do hope the rebuild goes fast and that you can be in your house for Christmas.

I have done the heels on the knitted socks. Want to start a crochet scart this week too AND find the ornaments to make for friends.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ellen, so sorry to hear of the delays getting into your new home. Decorating plans are always fun!

I have finished the last of the purse sets. Everything needs a good pressing and all the threads taken care of. Again a major mess in my sewing room to clean up.

I have one more gift to make- the Christmas Eve quilt and Santa bag for my friends baby that is due in November. I think I have all the fabric in my stash. The only thing I question is the backing. I need to double check on that. I’ve made the pattern before so once the fabric is cut should go fast.

I want to do a test run on quilting tomorrow. I broke a needle making the purses. For got to change the needle position when I changed feet. Want to make sure that the timing is not off. All 3 of my machines are due for service this month but I wanted to finish my gifts before I start taking them in.

Hope everyone has a productive week.

Attachments

• 9C4CA0BF-7DDF-45CA-9311-B986A122CAEB.jpeg
    9C4CA0BF-7DDF-45CA-9311-B986A122CAEB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Amelia - everything you make is so beautiful!

Reactions: Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week will be a little knitting as I have a busy week ahead. Shortly after my last post of craft plans for the week my sewing machine decided to become a noisy machine so in the shop it when. Not sure when I will be getting it back as its in line for being checke. Think it just needs a good cleaning and a little oiling. Overdue for maintenance due to all the lockdowns.
While waiting I have gotten the fabric washed up and ready to cut for the grandchildren pj’s. Also picked up some yarn for a few more hats.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yestrday I did a painting on watercolor paper (uh-ho my horizon line isn't straight)
230871583_10159828736424626_8502646585279821372_n.jpg

I started a crochet scarf this morning and will continue on the sock-knitting.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I haven't got too much on my list this week. I need to knit, catch up on my mending, and if I get to town, I want to pick up some supplies for some ornaments and gifts I have on my list. I've been finding some pretty cute ornaments on blogs and pinterest the last few weeks -now I need to decide which ones I want for this year. Decisions, decisions.
We have another month before school starts back up and a beach trip between now and then to prep for so I think at least some of my crafting will be making kits for the kids to work on when we're there and need a little quiet time out of the sun. Maybe a kit or two for me.:)

Lucie- I like it. It looks like the seas are choppy and the waves are rolling in.
Amelia- all the things you make are always so lovely!
Ellen- I'm sorry you've had so many delays and frustrations. It sounds like it's going to be perfect, though. I've been seeing those barndominiums around here more and more. They seem very efficient and easy to keep. I love the sound of a New Orleans style- that's one of my favorite looks but I haven't seen it here. I hope you're in sooner than later.

Have a great day, y'all!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lucie - you are quite talented!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Such plans and pretty things! :cool:

Crocheting .... I made DD29 a cat sweater for her Lykoi semi-hairless cat. And I made her a cat mat with a paw print in it for her tubby tabby. I'm working on a lap blanket for her boyfriend, a flower pot holder for my niece, and finish another lap blanket in yell/black for DD's friend who likes "bee" theme.

I got some good advice on here about putting a backing to the flimsy flower pot holder ... so I'm working on getting that done. :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Amelia ~ Beautiful bags!
Lucie ~ I'm lovin' your art work!

I finished the first of my August BOM blocks yesterday morning. I don't get the next one till next week and won't be able to work on it right away. I started knitting a sweater for Valentin, but need to check on the size before I proceed any further. I'm pretty sure I will need to adjust the number of stitches or gauge to have it turn out the right size.

So in place of the sweater, I just started this Interrupted Cowl for DD with yarn that she picked out. It will be a Christmas gift. I just wanted to say that this is a great pattern for a beginning knitter that really makes up into a beautiful cowl. I've been trying to get started on some Christmas knitting, and since the sweater for Valentin needs more brainstorming, I decided to start this easy (and hopefully quick) project.

I've done quite a bit of craftermath control in the studio today. While I was doing that, I started a machine embroidery FSL cardinal ornamentthat I would like to give to Pete and Kathy for Christmas. Pete really likes cardinals. So does Kathy, of course, but it's nice when you know something special the man likes.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Not much done crafting this week. I did do about 5 scrapbook pages that needed to be done for the family reunion on Sunday. 2 pages for my family. and the others for family in Canada. They emailed me their pictures and I had them printed at Walgreens and put them on a page identifying those in the pictures.

Once I am back home I will clear up my room and get started on some sewing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the large bunting all 120 metres of it. I need to iron it and store it so it will not become tangled.
will move onto the smaller chair bunting next week.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished the large bunting all 120 metres of it. I need to iron it and store it so it will not become tangled.
will move onto the smaller chair bunting next week.
Katrina, do you have the smaller size already cut out and it’s just a matter of sewing? How many guest are you expecting?

Reactions: jampss