2022 - HHP - Week 3 - Me & Mine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
House and Holiday Plan by Cynthia Ewer

Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

Week 3 - Me & Mine

This Week's Focus: Master Bedroom and Personal Spaces
Rest, renewal and relaxation soothe the spirit and charge the soul. What's the state of your personal haven? This week, we'll declutter, clean and organize the master bedroom. Goal: to create a soothing sanctuary free from stacks and piles.

An organized clothes closet makes life easier day-by-day, and never more than during the busy holiday season. Sorting out clothing and removing clutter from the clothes closet sends the family into Fall with a spring in their step!

This Week's Household Checklist

• Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom. It's a place for rest and renewal ... if you can find the space! Tackle clutter in the master bedroom this week. Use the STOP clutter method to sort the stacks and piles. Once you've cleared the items that don't belong, clean your newly-reclaimed private space. Use the "dry room" cleaning method to deep-clean the master bedroom in record time!
  • Decorate your restorative space. Make the most of your private sanctuary! Add decorative touches--candles, scent diffusers, flowers--to make the master bedroom a pleasant place to recharge your batteries and renew your spirit.
  • Tackle the clothes closet. With cooler weather on the way, a seasonal clothes closet declutter is in order. Make room for holiday finery as you sort and toss summer's stained garments.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. Make sure you know what you have before you buy--and shop at home first! A printable Gift Wrap and Mail Checklist makes it easy to know what to add to the shopping list.
  • Make a Christmas card list. Pull out the address book or database, and make a Christmas card list. Protect your wallet: prune the list, and give thought to ways to reduce the cost of sending holiday greetings.
  • Use a computer address book for Christmas cards. Harness the power of computer technology. If your card list is still kept on paper, convert it to a computerized form. You'll thank yourself in years to come!
  • Print address labels for Christmas cards. If using address labels for your cards or letters, print them now. You'll be ready to write, sign and seal!
  • Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. If you'll be buying cards this year, order them now--particularly if you'll be using the popular photo cards. Will you need a family photo session? Schedule it today to avoid the November rush!
  • Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar. "If Mama's not happy, nobody's happy"; your mood affects the whole family. If you find the season stressful, plan now for some personal pampering sessions. A massage, a retreat, or even a gathering with girlfriends can be a welcome break in a busy month.
  • Set aside a gift closet or create a gift box; inventory any previously-purchased gifts. The secret of organized (and frugal) gift-givers? A gift closet or gift box. If you haven't already, set aside a specific place in your home to hold all bought-ahead gifts. A gift closet inventory will let you know what you have while shopping or making out a gift list, so print one for your Christmas planner notebook.
What are your plans for this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's an extra busy week here so I'm not sure what will actually get done as far as Holiday Prep. I want to focus on decluttering and organizing the bedroom.

Household:
  • Declutter and organize the bedroom.

Holiday Prep:
  • Check on Christmas cards, gift wrap, bows, ribbons, Christmas stamps, etc.
  • Order cards and stamps as needed.
  • Start working on decorating gift bags. I have a ton of brown kraft paper gift bags that I want to use for Christmas gifts.
  • Put weekly self-care time on the calendar beginning Week 9.
  • Find boxes to store gifts.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I don't do any Spring cleaning as I am usually outside then doing yard work and getting the garden ready, so this is when I do my yearly cleaning and I am ready to get started!! Saturday is my day off from housework, but now that will be the day I do my HHP work. My house is very small, so it won't take long to get things done.

HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:
declutter & organize bedroom - done
wash walls, dust, vacuum & mop floor, clean window, wash curtains, washed heated mattress pad, clean light fixture, mirror, closet & laundry hamper - done
redecorate - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:
inventory cards & gift wrap - done
make Christmas card list - done
decorate for Fall - done

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am working on my bedroom this week. I am so ready to make it a calm and relaxing place, and it needs a good clean after Winter.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Didn't post last week but got the decluttering in. More to go. I have very limited time this week and the Master is in pretty good shape but a couple areas do need improvement:

House:
* Decor in the Master. Pillows all replaced. (They've been ordered).
* Remnant travel gear from summer needs to get back to its home.
*.Small but annoying piles (also from summer travel) need to be picked up.
* Sort the summer and winter wear. What have I not worn? What winter items do I need to get? New boots for sure.

Holiday:
* Christmas boxes -- Need to go assess the situation in there. What do I already have?

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Another busy week ahead, not as crazy as last week. I will at least have most of my nights free and the upcoming weekend. That is when I plan to accomplish the most.
I have made my hair appointment, so that is done. Arrangements for my autumn trip out east. Already inventory my ribbons and papers. So glad I started early.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Racing this week as I'm out of town next week. Got my piles picked up. Still two paper piles more to go. Got hubby to start building a cabinet for the tv in our Master (to hide it). That will be a big change. We really don't watch much actual tv in there but it sits low on the wall and I love putting a fireplace screensaver on it! :)