10 year anniversary-- ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year. In my family traditionally this is another big party---or they all come over and surprise you. :) Gotta love family. I've got to come up with some creative (inexpensive) ideas so here's what I have so far:
I'm thinking of doing an Open house so people can stop in whenever.

Candy Buffet: I bought some stuff post Halloween (it's good for another 2 years) things like sour licorice, pez, wrapped candies, laffy taffy etc. Figure after Easter I will pick up m&m's and possibly some jelly bellys.

Food: Pulled pork sandwiches, salads, fruit, dips, cheese :) (My extended family owns a cheesefactory so cheese is a must!)

Drinks: Soda, beer, juice bags...

Decorations: I'll use my cricut to come up with something... anyone have any theme ideas???

invitations: idk what to do here...

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Congratulations on your anniversary. For a 10th year anniversary, the traditional gift is aluminum or tin, the modern gift is diamond jewelry, and the the flower is daffodil. Maybe you could incorporate any of these into your theme. I know at michaels I've seen small diamonds that you put in a candlescape. We made some of these for my parents anniversary http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/tissue-and-crepe-paper. We hung them from the tree on the patio, and put all the beverages in a large galvanized tin under the tree. Maybe with your cricut you could print words like Once upon a time... or Happily ever after.... etc. and put them on some framed photos or somewhere.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
along with the aluminum idea -- you could decorate aluminum pie plates with a scrapbook paper cut out 10 and hang them around for decorations.

Make sure and have your wedding pictures out!

You could each come up with 10 Things you love about each other lists and have them framed for decorations on the buffet table. Or 10 Things I remember about or wedding lists.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Congrats on 10 years of marriage! We celebrate 15 years this July.

This site http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/themes/ has some great theme ideas. I love all the ideas already mentioned. Don't forget a small version of your wedding cake or a totally different design.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Congrats! :) Ten years is a milestone. My husband and I will celebrate 8 years this year.

Another option for a theme would be a Year 2000 theme in honour of your wedding year. Think music from that year, post headlines from that year, photos from that year of things that happened with your family and you. If you have older kids coming who want to watch movies, rent some movies from 2000, like Gladiator (Best Picture Oscar/Best Actor) or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (nominated for a pile of Awards).

http://alum.mit.edu/networks/docs/ItHappenedIn2000.pdf

Or alternately you could centre your theme around your history with your DH. Put out photos or photo albums of pictures from your dating time, your wedding and your marriage. Find a tablecloth for your table the colour of the one at your wedding. If you met in school and have a yearbook, set it out for people to look at.

:)

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
that hostess with the mostest site is really AMAZING! :) Seriously love all the ideas on there. Hope they keep coming up with more. :) Great stuff!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Dh and I will be celebrating 10 years together this year too.
I like the idea of playing music and movies from that year. You could also incorporate some top ten lists from that year whether in the form of a game (if your family/friends like that kind of thing) or posters, etc.
You could try to make a replica of your wedding cake depending on how intricate it was, or order one and maybe use a "10" as the cake topper.
You were smart to stock up on the candy!