100 Days until Thanksgiving 2014!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Just wanted to post that we are 100 days until American Thanksgiving!

I have company coming from out of town so I've started my planning but had put it aside to work on house organization, etc. I just checked my planner and saw that is is coming up fast! Only 3 Turkey Days until November 27th.

I think I put as much planning into Thanksgiving as I do Christmas!

I'm adding some things to my traditional menu, special beverages, etc. It will be fun this year for me!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
wow that sounds so short! I have no idea what we are doing if I will be here or at family's.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Oh my gosh!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My thoughts are Yikes! and Awesome! :)

I don't know for sure where we will be celebrating Thanksgiving either. We were hoping to be moved home in time to have everyone over to our place this year, but I have a feeling we will just be at MIL's as normal. Which is fine.

I think I'll just plan on that menu wise for now. If by some miracle, all the stars align and we are home early enough to host - I'll deal with it then.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here it is October 13th this year, meaning 54 days! Usually we have a small festival in our town and my parents come for the weekend... sometimes with friends, sometimes alone.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
It will be here before we can turn around good...Of course Lucie only has time to make a half turn :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have no idea how Thanksgiving will go for us this year. If DH is home by then we may be traveling depending on when he returns and gets leave. If he's not home then it'll just be me and the kids.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yay cant wait for the holidays. not sure where we will eat but will be with family.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Love Thanksgiving almost as much as Christmas-we always split the menu with my sister-in-law next door, so it is mostly prepping family favorites-she does turkey, I do sides, and we split desserts-it'll be here before we know it!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
lol Tricia! but Thanksgiving is not as big a holiday here as it is for you... for us it's mostly a long-weekend off. No big preperations needed.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Just this weekened I asked my brother if he and his family were coming to my house for Thanksgiving again this year. With a big smile he said yes. So guess I better get planning.

Last year I made two turkeys and two hams he got from his job. Believe it or not it all was nearly eaten and what was left my brother packed and took with him. Talking about a quick clean-up. LOL

My brother can eat and eat and not gain a pound. Still the same size he was 20 years ago.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We host every year for Thanskgiving. Normally just me, dh, our kids, my mom and aunt and DH's aunt and cousin. Not sure if we will have any others over yet. Menu pretty much stays the same every year.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Yes Lucie it is a big deal here. I'm not sure where ours will be yet. Just hoping it's a good day for all..

RoniJo

Premiere Member
Jul 2, 2014
We alternate Thanksgiving between my family and my DH's family. This year it's with mine, so we will be having it at our house. There are usually 11 - 12 people when we have it here. I love Thanksgiving it's my secound favorite holiday.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
We always have two Thanksgiving celebrations. We celebrate with my side of the family on Thanksgiving Day then a day or two later with my husband's side. My side's event is an all day eating and football and gabbing fest, beginning at noon and usually ending around 6 pm. Then we come home and watch "It's a Wonderful Life".

Both family celebrations are potluck style buffets, with each member bringing something yummy. Both menus are pretty much the same. My side meets at my mom's house. Hubby's side meets where ever someone volunteers to host. I am thinking this year I'll volunteer again.

My plan is to have dinner on the Saturday following Thanksgiving Day at our house. Since we will have had our Halloween party in the backyard just a few weeks before, I hope we can have Thanksgiving in the back yard, beside the fire pit. It may or may not work, depending on the weather. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's too cold.

I'll flesh that out and get back with you. Either way, time is marching on, and I need to get crack-a-lacking!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I'm debating whether to have dinner outside this year with the extra family members. My kitchen is long and has an eating area at the end with a small table. No dining room. In the past I've done buffet meals with extra people and I've set up two tables in the kitchen so everyone can eat together or people eat in the living room and wherever.

Our weather could be 60s or 70s in late November. It could be very fun to have the Thanksgiving dinner outside!