2 books on making Gift Baskets

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
For last months Rudy Day I checked out a couple of books on making gift baskets from the library. I thought I would let everyone know about the books and give a little review and sample of ideas in the books.

The first is Bountiful Baskets: Creating Perfect Gifts for Any Occasion by Sara Toliver
THis is a good basic book on making gift baskets from start to finish. She gives a great little tip on how to use a piece of foam core to make a narrow gift container larger to add surface area to place gifts. She also gives money saving tips on each basket idea page, which is nice. Some of ideas I liked that could be adapted easily are:
*car wash basket
*morning survival kit basket for either male and female ( robe, crossword dictionary,coffee etc...)
*water baby basket (kids sunscreen, sunglasses, towel, sun hat etc..)
*cozy up by the fire basket (variety of cocoas, marshmellows, cocoa mugs etc...)
*on the rocks basket ( martini or margarita fixins on a layer of smooth river stones/rocks)
*good luck basket ( various symbols of good luck like bamboo, four leaf clover, rabbits foot etc...)
*date night ( wine,cheese etc...)
*open your heart basket ( for valentine's day using a heart shaped box with lid)
*money basket ( actually a tall clear vase with clear glass marble stones and chocolate coins, real coins, photo copied $bills and real $ bills all mixed together )

The next book is Jazzy Gift Baskets:Making and Decorating Glorious Presents by Marie Browning
This is another good book with start to finish instructions. It also has a lot of recipes for soups, cleaners, bath products etc...Some great basket theme ideas that I liked were:

*wild about you basket ( animal print theme with food items in it)
*tidings of comfort and joy basket ( Christmas basket)
*under the tuscan sun ( olives, olive oil, wine, biscotti etc...)
*just what the doctor ordered (chicken soup mix, tissues, cough drops etc..)
* good morning sunshine ( breakfast items)
* seasoned with love ( spices)
* golden grapes ( white wine etc...)
* muchos margaritas ( mexican theme )
* champagne dreams

All in all they were 2 fun books with lots of ideas and beautiful photographs to inspire you. If your library has them they are worth a look-see!

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks for some great ideas. My colleague from work did a tea for two basket including cups, various teas, silver tea spoon and a voucher for afternoon tea at the Ritz. She has also made a day out basket, including, picnic hamper basket, picnic blanket, maps for walking tour of a local beauty spot and entrance tickets for a local castle.