2008 Twenty Four Days of Christmas Gifts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This year I have decided that 12 of my twenty four days of Christmas gifts will be crafted...they need to be simple and inexpensive...this are for my DD's so they are older...not little kids..

Okay I have started my list....subject to change of course:

1. Little wintery art journals (picked these little kits up at Michaels for a dollar each...shades of blue and gray) Will actually make them with photos...I know my girls.....too busy to put them together and if given blank they will sit and never be created...lol

2. Little Christmas albums and I mean little....maybe 3 x3...Michaels dollar bins....they are really little photo books but I am going to make small pages with Christmas saings on them

3. Journals....altered of course

4. Wooden door knob hangers...altered and with names

5. Notecard recipe books (idea from Debbie)

6. Large letters (first initial) these can be decorad and embellished (for hanging on wall or sitting on a shelf)

WOW at least my ideas are half way there.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Good for you, Gingerbug.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
That sounds great! I think I'll check their sale bins and think more on how they can be Christmas gifts. I'll post if I think of any more great little gift ideas aside from homemade hot chocolate mix with high quality ingredients. :snow:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, Gingerbug, what lucky ladies your dd's are! When you get the other 6 items decided, let us know! I'd love to see pictures of the altered items.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay not only am I making half of my twenty four days of Christmas Gifts this year but I am also picking themes for each day. I plan on creating a poem with the twenty four themes in it and then giving that on November 30th as a "clue" to the gifts to come...

Here are the theme ideas I have so far.....if you can think of some others...please let me know.

Visions of sugar plums
Making a list
Go Tell it on the Mountain
Deck the Halss
Sleigh Bells Ring
A Storybook Christmas
Sugar and Spice
The Grinch
Winter Wonderland
The Light of the World
Sweet Dreams

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
GB, those are great ideals. I did not do the 24 days of Christmas this year. (well '07) I missed it. DS is 23, DD 20 and her BF 22 but have did them for years. Think I might just have to this year again. Will be alot of fun in the future if grandkids come along! For my DD I do like a kitchen towel with Halloween, Christmas etc, kitchen items and then socks, bath items, candy. The boys are harder. Lotto tickets, air freshners.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Gingerbug,

What fun bunnylove ! You have some very creative ideas :flower: .

I know EXACTLy the mini photo albums you are talking about. I wrote out dessert recipes & put them in the album for DD to use as a mini cookbook for her American Girl dolls.

Micheal's has sweet mini wooden boxes in their $1.00 wood items. They would be cute decorated as ring or trinket boxes.

Theme ideas....
~Silent Night
~Twas' the Night Before Christmas
~The Nutcracker
~The Three Wise Men
~ A Christmas Carol
~ Victorian Christmas

I'm looking forward to reading more of your ideas chick3 .

Bren :bunny:

maggie

MHH Member
Apr 8, 2008
Hi
Last year I had an idea to go with giving small gifts everyday starting from Dec 1st (it is a tradition in Sweden).
For the first day I gave my DD a Gingerbread man with the note that he will be playing around with her during coming days.
Sometimes he gave her a clue and she had to find her gift. Or she had to find him. He gave her also some tasks, f ex to make and write some X-mas cards. As gifts she’s got some little things or some bigger which she needed, cosmetics, socks…

This year I want to do something similar but different ;-) so I will follow this topic :package: .

redfairy

Premiere Member
May 23, 2008
Utah
I love that I can come here and see that I'm not the only one already planning for Christmas!

Love the ideas!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
A relatively easy crafty one would be a little red felt stocking maybe 3-4 inches long. Sew it together yourself (blanket stitch the outside, and stitch in a loop of ribbon to hang it - or a couple of seconds running a seam with a sewing machine just in from the edge), or provide glittery red thread for your DD to do it herself (if she might be interested). The stocking can be plain or embellished , as desired. For a final touch, you could add a candy cane the right size to hang in it.

I am loving the ideas on this thread though

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What great ideas. For themes what about,
Joy to the World
Peace on Earth,

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Has anyone begun planning their 24 Days of Christmas? I've been working on a list of stocking stuffers as well as the 24 Days of Christmas. I don't want to duplicate anything, so my lists are coming along, but I have a ways to go. I have 2 daughters, 21 and 14. Do you do these just for your kids or do you include your spouses?

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I haven't done this before, but I'll share what I'm thinking about doing this year. At the end of June, I bought new Christmas stockings for all of us. Previously the kids had stockings but my DH and I did not. So I'm going to use the kids' old stockings to hang on their door and tuck little gifts in them like a Christmas countdown each day.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I haven't done this before, but I'll share what I'm thinking about doing this year. At the end of June, I bought new Christmas stockings for all of us. Previously the kids had stockings but my DH and I did not. So I'm going to use the kids' old stockings to hang on their door and tuck little gifts in them like a Christmas countdown each day.

What a great idea!!