2009 - Christmas releases

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
- Christmas with Sinatra & friends. (I just love music by the crooners!)
- Ray Charles' Spirit of Christmas
- Christmas in the Heart (Bob Dylan)
- My Christmas (Andrea Bocelli)
- Christmas (Lynard Skynard)... don't think this is quite my type
- A Christmas Album (Barbara Streisand)
- Merry, Merry Christmas - New Kids on the block
- A Christopher Cross Christmas

Just keep on adding to this list. I plan to buy another Christmas CD this year (I try to limit it to 1 per year).

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have a cd called "Christmas with the Crooners". It is my favorite.

Melanie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I love Andrea Bocelli...I will have to add that to my list. Barbra is putting out another Christmas CD? Is that her third or fourth? NKOTB just made me laugh! Thanks for this thread...I have over 200 Christmas CDs, but I listen to them year-round and am always looking for new favorites!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
200 Christmas CDs?! You are my hero!!

Melanie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
200 christmas CD's!!!!! You could just about listen to one a day all year

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
As i have quite a few myself my one favorite is bing crosby as it's his white christmas cd and i also own the time life treasury it has 3cd's and many more including the chimpmunks which the kids like.::eek:rnament:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I always try to purchase at least 1 Christmas cd a year.

Some of my favorites are Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, The Carpenters and Josh Groban.

Thank you for sharing these titles - I will most definately add a few of these to my collection.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I realized recently I missed Harry Connick Jr.'s new Christmas album last year so I still need to get it. I have his first two already.

Okay, showing on Amazon for this year's new holiday releases
Christmas (Johnny Reid)
Gold and Green (Sugarland) ----> bet my DH would enjoy this one! Will have to get it!
A New Thought for Christmas (Melissa Etheridge) -- CD/DVD pack
Cherry Cherry Christmas (Neil Diamond)

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I know, I know...200 seems a bit excessive (just ask my DH)...but I've been collecting them since I switched from vinyl records and tapes! (We won't mention how many YEARS that is! haha!) I like to switch them up so that they still seem fresh when I listen to them. And I literally listen to Christmas music throughout the year (although not exclusively!) I also tend to get a few per year as gifts since everyone in my family knows that I love them - sometimes I even get new ones for my birthday in July - it fits in perfectly with CiJ!

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
I will pass on the Melissa Etheridge Christmas CD - I can only imagine the "message" she will inject into Christmas. :mad:

I would like to get the new Sarah Brightman CD! I like to add a new one to my collection every year also, sometimes two!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
There is always room for another Christmas CD on my shelf! I have a big variety of music, from instrumental, worship, East Coast to Jazz and Celtic - never enough :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Thanks I did'nt have a very large collecting and relied a lot on Pandora and satalite radio/tv. I have been picking some up here and there recently to add to my collection. I just got "The Beach Boys" Christmas. I like it ok and will prob. load it to my MP3 player/computer then pass it on to my parents mom will like it. Also got Christmas w/ the Rat Pack, I like that one and Bing Crosby. I didn't have that one and he is one of my old time favorites. All from Target. My Target has had some in the music section for a few weeks and yesterday had the one put up in the Christmas section that has the "target exclusive" cds there