2010 Christmas crafts & gift crafts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
The initials facecloths I knitted this year went down very well with all of my and DH's siblings. I think i got some of the patterns from Knittingnonsense website.

I found the first few pieces I had cut out for sewing Christmas decorations when sorting things today - so I hope to make a few of those for next year (I have loads of fabric but a lack of time last year).

I know I will be knitting for a few people this year as well - my nephew needs a hat or two, I have a baby cardigan on the needles, and I want to knit a lap afghan for DH's uncle (I knit a similar one for my granaunt for Christmas 08 which was fine, just took a while).

But otherwise, I have no great ideas yet for a 2010 craft. And the last 2 years having a "standard" craft for a good few people has worked well.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I made some sox for gifts this year and they were very well received. I hope to make some more for other people on my gift list this year.

Did you crochet the socks?? If so, would you share the pattern? I would love to try it. I don't knit, really, but would love to make socks, but it seems complicated.

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
luludou - check out WalMart, Hobby Lobby, etc for Christmas fabrics for the pillowcases you want to make. I found a respectable selection a couple of years ago at my local WM, & my neice found even more at hers for me. (I'm sure the guys at work just shook their heads as she described & I decided via phone!!) I was able to make over 20 last year with no duplications. And have some leftover for other projects. This year I've found 3 prints. Roads were bad so I couldn't get the my neice's WM. Will re-check mine tomorrow...hoping they are less than 1/2 price but not holding my breath! Good luck!!!!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I don't have all of my ideas pinned down yet. I have 6 sisters that I make gifts for, 2 coworkers, and my bowling team. I am going to make gifts using my embroidery machine this year. I have several designs for purses and accessories. I made my first cosmetic bag yesterday and it turned out really cute. I thought I would make that with matching glass case, credit card case and key fob.
I have fabric for Christmas aprons that I'll make for my daughter and myself. I also want to make two throw pillows for the chairs in our hearth room.
Wow, it sure helps to list things!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I don't have a lot of ideas going yet but a few are:
build 3 snowman kits
bookmarks for Christmas Cards ( I make these for my students) I don't get to every year as I have 120 students and I don't get that many Christmas Cards.
Christmas Curtains for my kitchen
I am thinking about making a purse for each of my sisters. I have made 2 so that might be a great thing for them

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
I haven't even started...

90% of my items are clothing or toys, for kids, that won't even be started until December 1st in case of growth spurts and interest changes, they will be almost 2 and 4.5 this Christmas also. But here's my list now:
-build a snowman kit(S)
-2 pairs of jammies (paw or cat print) from the cat
-4 scrapbooked calendars (using smilebox)
-set of placemats
-loom knit socks/mitts/head bands/scarfs
-altered clipboards
-crocheted face scrubbies and bath poufs
-homemade soap
-

see my progress on my blog at

www.thehobbithole.blogspot.com

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So, etsy is good for ordering material, eh? And how about yarn?

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
knitted facecloths

I just finished knitting 7 of the facecloths that Dreamer had posted about on the knitting link. I did the animals, 1 for every day of the week and they really came out cute! My Grandson will love them and now to make a set for my Grandaughter! I am also thinking of making them each a throw type blanket for their daycare centers with their names spelled out, the directions are on that link for the letters. Thank-you for that wonderful link!!
Cathie::snowman2:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just beginning to think about Christmas crafts this year. Too much going on with my two youngest ones. Still list making. I made too many presents the last week before Christmas last year due to time. So need to get out of that this year. I haven't even thought about this years ornaments yet either have no clue what I am doing.

So far I am thinking
More felt food and a play house for my youngest niece
DD11 and DN10 a punkin (sort of like the poppets I made them a couple of years ago)
Jeweled Mirror for DD15

and thats about it far.

I have a friend that is starting a photography business and one Kayla's new uniform is in she is taking a bunch of pictures of her and doing a collage that will be for my mom, and another of Kenny. She has already done Kayla's softball pictures she is working on the collage now. Cost to me nothing since she is just starting out so I have to figure out something todo for her, since she won't take money from me. She is also going todo Randa's 16th pictures.

N

NewYearsEva

So far, I would like to make a loosely knit scarf and bath products for my sister, who is coming across the pond. I would also like to make a star skirt for the tree.

Last edited by a moderator: