2012 declutter calendar

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, Carla. Welcome to the group. I hope you get lots of good ideas from here and join us in our chats.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
TFS... Will have to print it out later.. hubby and I were talking this morning about tackling each room to clean and declutter ... especailly the laundry room which is where we have totes and totes filled with stuff.
We are going to make 2 piles .. one for trash and one for donations and go from there.... hoping to take advantage of the cold winter weekends to get a jump start on this

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Minta - if you are 2 working towards the goal it'll really be great!

Welcome Carla!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Finally--a decluttering schedule I might actually be able to follow--a few minutes a day and look how much we can accomplish in Jan--love it!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I am ready! I love how these little daily tasks will add up to some MAJOR decluttering without seeming overwhelming, And I love that Sunday is a "day of rest"!

TFS, Lucie!

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
Welcome Carla!

I'm picturing all our homes by Christmas 2012- that will be the biggest presents we can give ourselves!!!!!!

Annie

Oh I do hope so Annie! :)
I've found I need to modify some of the ideas though - we don't have lots of cabinets or a laundry room, things like that. But I like that it kind of "forces" me to get off my bum and do something everyday! Lol!

AM

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Today's declutter goal is to 'Set up a donation station'. Do you have space for such a station in your house? I don't really so i'll have to figure something out. Where will your station be?

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
Errrmmmmm......I think pretty much my entire house is a "donation station" Lol!

I wouldn't have room for anyhting much......though I do have a large hessian shopping bag at the end of my bed with some paperbacks in to go to my Mothers (she takes them to the local day centre for the "older" people in her town...I've put that in speech marks because SHE is 72 Lol!) so I suppose that counts!
I can't get to it at the minute mind for all the Christmas decoration boxes and blankets we've had out!

AM

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
For now, I have a couple of boxes - one for things to be donated and one for things which have been borrowed and need to be returned to their owners. I have also put a sticky note pad and a pen in the box, so I can stick a note with the owners name on each item as it goes in.

I would like to upgrade the cardboard boxes to something nicer, maybe storage tubs on a low shelf, but this is not urgent.

The boxes are in my wardrobe :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I had brought a box home the other day from work that we were going to throw out and told them it would be my donation box. Think I will put it in Jaymees old closet for now.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I've been using a donation box for some time now but its usually just a cardboard box...and I don't have a good place to keep it. I guess I'll just move it around with me to different areas as I'm working on decluttering.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I use a canvas bin in my closet for donations since they seem to be mostly clothes as the boys outgrow them. It collapses flat when not in use. Check for day one! :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jessica- I sometimes keep a trash bag under my dressar. Then, even while I'm dressing for work, if I run across something I no longer want, I toss it in the bag.

Having the bag there prompts my mind to be on the lookout for things to get rid of.

As far as a whole station, yeah I don't have the space either.

Annie

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Have my box going. I have it in an extra closet. I guess that is one nice thing of having two houses.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I've never had a designated area, I would just bag things up and bring them to GoodWill. This is something I'll have to work on

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just printed off the list...I guess I should take a look before the weekend is over. :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I don't have a "donation station," either because of lack of a good space for one. I do have a garage bag in my closet. Like Annie, if I get something out and realize I'm not going to wear it - for whatever reason - I put it in the bag. Also, anything of anyone else's goes in there, too.