2012 Rudolph Days

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Was wondering what everyone has planned for the Rudolph Days for 2012.

I know one thing I want to do! I wrote a list of Christmas CD's I would like to have so I plan on getting one every month on Rudolph Day.

Annie

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Not exactly sure what I'll be doing, Annie, but I do know I will absolutely be participating! I need Rudy Day and won't be derailed this year.

One thing I've always thought of is to download at least one favorite Christmas song for my Christmas playlist. That way I'll spread out the expense over the entire year - plus have an excuse for listening to Christmas music.

I'll be thinking of some more ways to celebrate too.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I also really want to take time to watch the monthly Rudolph day movie.

I tend to not do that and really want to this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Lady Eveningstar, I love the idea of downloading a song each Rudy Day. I think I'll do that!

I would also like to trial a new dish so I don't need to to any taste testing in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Also the Rudy Day movie. In 2011 I only watched a couple of them. I would like to be more involved here :)

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
Was wondering what everyone has planned for the Rudolph Days for 2012.

I know one thing I want to do! I wrote a list of Christmas CD's I would like to have so I plan on getting one every month on Rudolph Day.

Annie

That's a good idea!! Might need to borrow this idea.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sarah, I like the idea of trying a new recipe for Christmas. I was going to do that this year and didn't. I am determined to do this, though.

Maybe I will do a better job of celebrating it because I never do Rudy Days. I'm always busy and forget. They usually fall on a work day. Do any of you do it on the nearest Saturday? I think that would work better for me.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I did some work on my Rudolph Day Calendar today. It is just a little $1 framed scrapbooking calendar that I picked up at JoAnn's this fall. For the spot where the photos are supposed to go, I will be putting Christmas quotes, Christmas cards, index card art and/or whatever else I come up with along the way. On the back page I made a list of activities to choose from on Rudy Days. Things like watch a movie, listen to Christmas music, drink hot cocoa, holiday planning, use my Christmas mug, wear Christmas socks, etc. I want to do some more work in the next couple of days on the planning tasks that I want to assign to each month.

I really love the music ideas, too. Last year I focused on replacing VHS Christmas movies to DVD. This year, I could go for some more Christmas music options. I also want to look for a couple of more Christmas story books.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Celebrating Rudy day every month is also something I want to be more active in this year--I am usually working that day, but I seriously want to watch a Christmas movie each month--this past Dec I was so busy I only got to watch a couple--I will start with that goal and we'll see if I can add a craft or two at some point!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I did not Participate as much as i would have liked this year. We always say to celebrate Rudy day whenever it is convenient for you...the trouble is, if I'm the only one "celebrating" that day, it often falls by the way side. I am hoping to do better this year since I already have ideas for my CiJ and Christmas boxes. I would like to read a Christmas themed book each month and watch at least one movie. I always listen to Christmas music when I'm alone throughout the year - just one of my quirks!

I look forward to celebrating Rudy Day each month with all of you in 2012!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
missjane- I always have trouble too celebrating or doing anything if Rudy Day falls on a work day.

Maybe those of us that work- or have other stuff that particular day- can encourage each other to do something either the weekend before or the weekend after.

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great idea Annie! On a workday I too have trouble celebrating Rday

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did just got add them to my calendar and for those falling during the week, I added another Rudy Day on the weekend before or weekend after to remind me to set the time aside, before it's to late! Hope it helps.