2013 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Shannon~sorry she rubbed you the wrong way...kind of rude to suggest your personal word.

I am going to use Believe as my word for 2013. I keep seeing it in the strangest places, like it's saying, "choose me". I am going to Believe...

....the best is yet to be.
....in the goodness of others
....in myself
....that today's challenges make me stronger

I also considered...Accept, Salt & Light, and Connect.

~peace~

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
LIsa=I like it great word

Gidget-wow Joy! I have heard that joy is something you can have even in a "bad" situation. It's a great word.

I'm glad you understand my frustration at my friend. I told DH and even though he doesn't get the word completely he thought it was rude. The word she picked for herself was not what I would have given her but it's not place. and honestly I could have been nasty and suggested a few areas I know she needs work. LOL

Zend

Retire Member
Feb 2, 2008
Word for 2013

Hi, I'm a long time lurker here and decided I needed to make a comitment to a word this year. I have had a rough 2 years with my parents being ill and travelling a distance to visit them twice a week and developed quite a negative outlook on life. My word for this year is POSITIVITY. I am going to try to look at the positive side of things instead of worrying all the time as to what else could go wrong.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, Zend. Sorry life has been that way for you. It is so difficult to cope with the complexities of aging parents. I hope your journey with your word this year helps you cope with all life brings your way. Pop in sometimes and let us know how you are doing. Join us in chit chAt from time to time and we will give you encouragement. This is a great bunch of people that offers support all the time.Good luck!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Welcome Zend

Glad you took on a word for this year. Keep in touch with us and come to vent anytime.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Zend WAnt to also add my welcome to your word journey this year. keep us posted on how it goes for you

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm pretty positive my word for 2013 will be Mindful. I'll have to think about how I want to apply it more and get it down in writing in a journal.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Zend......welcome. I really hope that 2013 is a great year for you and your family. Please pop in and say hi to us more often.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Jessica, I like the word mindful...it's makes me think of making deliberate choices.
Good choice!

Lisa, believe can be a powerful word. Without believing that things will happen, nothing will.

Gidget, I think we have to choose to have joy even when things are not at all joyful.

You all are doing so great! I look forward to reading about everyone's journey with their words this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ok it's the new year now it's time to start living our words.
Look forward to reading about how you are all living your word

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Zend- WELCOME! I'm so happy to see you join in with us!!!!

Jessica- I think your word is Perfect for you! Being Mindful is SO important- especially while your children are growing up!

Katrina- You're so right!!! It's the first day for us!!!!!!!

I'm excited for the journey with my word Routine to begin!!!

The Routines I want to work on:

* After Work

* Before Work

* Chores/House Cleaning

* Financial- A routine to pull $$ to put into my special accounts (Christmas, Vacation, Investment).

* Working out

* Meal planning/grocery shopping/other errands- Wal*Mart

* When to go through/read Magazines

* A designated time to get and send cards- thinking of you, get well, sympathy

* Family Time

As you can see, I need a year to get these skills honed. :)
I plan on working on one section at a time.

I'm SO Excited to follow everyone's journey!! Let's do this, girls and guys!

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie my word last year was routine and it really helped me in a lot of ways, many of which you have mentioned. I hope that your year is a great one for you.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
CONQUER!!! That is my word for the year. I need to conquer some fears, conquer the last 10 pounds I need to lose, conquer procrastination! This past week I conquered one of my fears and got a long overdue colonoscopy!! That was a big one for me. So now it is on to conquer the last 10 to 15 pounds I need to lose.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
CONQUER!!! That is my word for the year. I need to conquer some fears, conquer the last 10 pounds I need to lose, conquer procrastination! This past week I conquered one of my fears and got a long overdue colonoscopy!! That was a big one for me. So now it is on to conquer the last 10 to 15 pounds I need to lose.

that's a great word!! and your off to a great start. Keep us posted on your journey

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Snickerdoodle congrats on the wait lost and on getting that colonoscopy! The exam isn't so bad after all... but the preparation for the exam... uggg. I have had 2 so far and doc says I need one every 5 years. I have some problems.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Thanks for the encouragement! I agree about the prep...uugggg is right!! I will keep you posted on my progress and will be interested to read about everyone else's journeys!