2015 HHP - Week 13 Entry Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
With my FIL as well as my son and his family moving in, the discovery of termites, and building an addition,my house is overflowing and I'm terribly behind. However, with this being Thanksgiving week I plan on tackling the entry and dining area first so this is a perfect week to jump back in. I sure miss you all and have enjoyed tracking your progress. You are all doing wonderful.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great to see you, ejagno. I was wondering how things were progressing with the transitions.

Mel, how are you doing this week?

I printed off my Thanksgiving Prep checklist and had the family work on it while I was at the conference this weekend. The load should be a bit lighter for the week now.

Household

• Sweep off porch.
  • Windex glass door and windows.
  • Check for cobwebs.
  • Clean outside light fixture.
  • Dust/Vacuum entryway.

Holiday Prep

• Work off of Thanksgiving Prep. checklist this week.
  • Saturday - Take down autumn decor and bring out Advent items.

Still to do

• Work on Christmas cards
  • Wrap teachers' gifts
  • Finalize shopping game plan.
  • Work on Christmas Eve menu list of ingredients.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I made two batches of fudge yesterday and will try to make two more today.

I have two shelves and the window sill in the kitchen to paint - that gets done today for sure.

Still to do:
- write letter for one Christmas card
- get all other cards stamped and ready to go

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
How is everyone doing this week??

I have painted all the windowsills. I went to paint the two shelves in the kitchen, but can't reach them, so DH will have to do that.

I will continue on baking for the rest of the week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
You gals rock!

Things I have to finish before Christmas:

Make fudge, thumbprint cookies, date squares, r-krispies squares, skors squars, rolled sausages and bacon to be cooked (will just need reheating), buy stamps and post cards, craft a tunnel for the train in my Christmas village, timeline and grocery list for dec.31st, craft an elf door, prep elfcapades, wrap, buy more gifts, advent calendar to fill, and maintain the house.

Prep clothes for when we go to mom's for a few days. Go to hairdressers. doc's appointment, massage therapist appointment, foot doctor's appointment, reflexology appointment. Schedule gastro appointment for end of January. Call to get costco credit card working!!

that's it for now.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel and Lucie,

You are getting things done!

I got everything finished from my household list. I've been working off the Thanksgiving Prep. checklist. Schools were out for the day so I had some extra help from the children. I've made some notes already for next year.

Tomorrow morning I'll head to church and drop off canned goods. Then I'll get the turkey in the oven and relax until mid-afternoon when guests arrive.

I'll check in again on Friday.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie - you are making me dizzy with all that you have to do.

Mary - great job on getting your household list done. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DH painted the shelves in the kitchen and I made two more batches of fudge.

All Christmas cards for the exchange and family are done and ready to be mailed.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel - I bet you are happy the painting is done.

Yesterday was a good day of shopping. We took down the autumn decor and got out the Advent things.

Today we got the outside lights up and gingerbread cookie dough made.

Tonight I'd like to go through the Thanksgiving Prep list and make adjustments for next year. I'd also like to start getting the Christmas Eve dinner ingredient list together.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cards got mailed today, we brought the decorations and wrapping supplies from the storage unit, so now I can really get to work.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great job, Mel. I just realized today that Dh used a good amount of Christmas stamps for bills and donations. I have to head out this week for more stamps. I think next year I'll have to just get way more stamps than I need.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just going back and logging this in so it is in here for next year. This was the week I got locked out of MMH. Here is where I left off:

Caught DH's cold this week. Ugh! Not a terrible one. Just screws things up with the carpools and such because I can't be around other people's kids. Consequently, my whole schedule got screwed up. Still got stuff done. About have it beat -- just in time for Thanksgiving.

Got the Freezer Cooking done -- am so relieved to have the freezer stocked again.

Here's where I finished off last weekend:

Week 12: Dining Space Week
Choose our baked items for the holidays. Discuss with kids. -- DONE.
Thanksgiving Groceries -- DONE.
Freezer Meal Shopping & Prep - so we don't starve in December. DONE!!
Christmas Shopping -- With DH. Have gone twice. Ahead of ourselves. :)
Confirm if I am having houseguests. - Confirmed. First week of Dec.
Flu shots - Caught a cold instead. Ugh!
Stocking Stuffer Lock box cleaned out - DONE.
Pantry spaces - Big Pantry DONE. Smaller ones need work
Stocking Stuffers - Candy - Round 1 of the obvious stuff DONE.
Update calendars & sync iPhones - POSTPONED. (Got a deal on the 5S for the kids) So this will wait til Christmas.

Catching up:
Start Christmas Cards -- get one paragraph done. Ummmm....

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho,

Sorry to hear about the cold, what rotten timing. Good job on restocking the freezer - what a help that is to have.

Your list looks good, you are doing great!!