2015 - HHP - Week 14 - Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are in the home stretch! http://christmas.organizedhome.com/house-holidays-plan/14-storage-week

This is the busiest week of the season for me. I had to say no to a few things so I wasn't double/triple booked. Somewhere in here will be a funeral this week as well. Here are my goals this week:

Household
  • Organize storage areas.
  • Assess decor storage needs.

Holiday Prep
  • Shop Cyber-Monday sales.
  • Status check.
  • Continue holiday decorating.
  • Wrap gifts bought online as they arrive this week.
  • Make cookies for first responders.
  • Make brownies for Women's Group Meeting.

Still to do
  • Work on Christmas cards
  • Wrap teachers' gifts

I'm going to try and check in each day this week just to keep myself extra accountable. On stressful weeks, I tend not to do a thing and this just can not happen this week.

What are your goals this week?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Since everything we don't have room for is in a storage unit, I don't have much to do in this area.

However, I do have other things to do:

1. baking, baking, baking
2. wrapping, wrapping, wrapping
3. hang outside lights
4. finish shopping for DS
5. buy stocking stuffers

My MIL will be in town on Wednesday, so we are getting together with her for dinner. I am going to have her parcel ready to go and just give it to her when I see her, so I don't have to mail it. Yippee!!

Have a great week!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel, that's great that you can get a gift delivered so soon. What a nice savings in time and money.

I'm happy with the things that were accomplished today. I got the dessert made for the Women's group, bought more stamps, wrapped all the online gifts that have been delivered to date, and made Cyber Monday purchases.

I think that I'll work on the cookies and decorating tomorrow.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have finished shopping for DS. I just have to buy the kids' stocking stuffers.

The gifts for my MIL's package have been wrapped. Fudge and cookies are made and wrapped up. I will make another batch of cookies in the morning to add.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Household
Organize storage areas. Ugh. Water issues in the basement right where the decorations are stored. Everything is pulled out now. May have to be dealt with next week.
Assess decor storage needs. Need more totes. I will go through decorations as I put them out and decide whether to keep or pass on. This may free up some space in the totes that I already have.

Holiday Prep
Shop Cyber-Monday sales. Done
Status check. Done
Continue holiday decorating. One room done. Three to go.
Wrap gifts bought online as they arrive this week. Work in progress
Make cookies for first responders. Done
Make brownies for Women's Group Meeting. Done

Still to do
Work on Christmas cards. Work in progress
Wrap teachers' gifts

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary,

That is awful!! I hope there isn't too much damage from the water.

It looks like you are getting lots crossed off your list - way to go!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Package for my MIL has been given to her, glad that is done.

Outside lights are put up and I did a lot of baking today.

Still have more baking to do and I need to start wrapping.

I am planning on buying stocking stuffers this weekend and shopping for the dogs.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Back in the website and getting caught up. Thank goodness! And all of you seem to be making lots of progress!

Mary -- Oh no! I'm dealing with the basement this month too. Want to repurpose it and am troubleshooting any chances for water damage.

Christmas is pretty much on track. But I'm not feeling it yet. Weird. Hoping it comes together for me this weekend. Just too busy I think. The living room looks like an explosion of holiday boxes and lights. Right on schedule. Tree is up. Lights are on. Ornaments going on this weekend. Relatives arrive in a couple days.

To do:

Inventory my Black Friday purchases. Status check.
Finish decorating this weekend and purge decor as I go.
General Family houseclean since FlyLady fell off track after Thanksgiving.
Pick up ski gear for the season this weekend.
Bug DH to clean out the flue for the wood stove so it is ready for Christmas.
Refresh guest room..
Measure basement for floor mats.
Order as much as I can in next few days to take advantage of this week's cyber sales.
Maybe do Christmas cards with kids this weekend?
Start baking with DD?

Really struggling with focus the last few days. Just putting one foot in front of the other and making it happen. One thing at a time instead of 10 things at a time.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho,

You have the right attitude - one thing at a time. That is all you can do.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho - Good to see you back.

Mel - You got a lot of things done this week.

The water situation is under control. No damage. The basement is just a mess again. I'll deal with it after Christmas.

I ended up making another batch of Christmas cookies for a bake sale. I have yet to make Christmas cookies for ourselves. Maybe next weekend?

I went through a box of decorations and tossed broken items, etc. I haven't done that in ages and this seems to be a good year to do so.

This was a week of extra practices and Christmas Concerts. I'm happy with what I was able to accomplish in spite of having less time at home.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary - glad to hear there is no water damage.

Stocking stuffers didn't get bought today as planned. I am not sure when that is going to happen. I have more baking to do and I did a bit of wrapping today. I will get more done tomorrow when DD is out of the house.