2015 - HHP - Week 18 - New Year's Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We had a fantastic three days of celebrating with extended family. Our Christmas Eve party went smoothly. We have a break from parties today. Tomorrow we will host a cookie and hot chocolate party after ice skating. We will host two more parties later in the week.

I will slowly start to take down decorations next week. Tree pick up isn't until mid January so we leave it up with the lights only. The night before tree pick up, I take the lights off and then we take the tree to the curb.

Household

• Minimum Maintenance

Holiday Prep
  • Put away gift boxes and gift bags.
  • Buy holiday wrap, bows and cards for next year.
  • Think about goals for 2016 and game plan for follow through during the hard times.
  • Set up 2016 Calendar.
  • Make notes about what worked/didn't work this year and why.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just got back home today... some washing to do.
tomorrow starts the prep for NY's EVE and lots of guests... will be very busy

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
follow minimum maintenance plan

Holiday Prep Checklist:
write thank you note to MIL - DONE
take down/store decorations - DONE
set up 2016 calendars - yes, I have more than one - DONE
holiday notes - what worked/what didn't work - DONE

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We are done with our entertaining now. I had fun but I am exhausted.

I got most of the work done from the list. I am still working on what worked/didn't work.

I'm also working on my 2016 goals. The one word goal has been the most effective idea for me overall. However, I do like to have activities to work on too. I'm going to give that some thought as well.

Have a Happy New Year!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary - Happy New Year!!

I have gotten done what I wanted for the week. I am still making notes of what worked and what didn't work and will continue as things pop into my head.

All the decorations are down, the furniture has been rearranged and the house is clean. I am looking forward to a quiet, relaxing new year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Entertaineing is DONE!! Christmas is down. Started cleaning up and replacing stuff today... lots more to do & I need to write stuff down too. My sis had fun reading my notes from the past years :) lots of info there.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just got back from the last holiday party of the season. It seems strange not to be looking at HHP goals for the next week, doesn't it? I need to keep up with the house now that I'm in a good groove.

This week I will be taking down the decorations a little at a time. I also want to "officially" update the lists that I used with the notes that were taken.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy New Year everyone! This is the first day I've really had my brain on - we all just wanted to hibernate over the break! It was a great Christmas and great holiday overall -- we all just wanted to cuddle up in front of the fire and just "NOT". "Not" go places, "not" run errands, "not" schedule tons of time with extended family, "not" do all the projects we had planned to do over the break. We just went with not. And it was sooooo nice!! :) Of course, we did get out a bit here and there but we were all in the same mode -- and that mode was STOP. Lots of rest and sleep. It was great!

So - how long til mid-winter break? :)

Seriously though, today my brain is back on, and I'm taking down Christmas decor. I never take the tree down before the kids go back to school. They are always crushed. The tree will come down last, later this week after I get the other Christmas decor boxes put away. Will be replacing the hearth decor with ski/winter decor. And will probably keep some white lights up there too.

Looking for a large tree/plant to go where the Christmas tree goes. It adds so much to the space -- but we do have cats that like to tackle plants. Will have to pick carefully.

Ramping up to revisit Marie Kondo and FlyLady. I have some piles waiting. The thing I LOVE about January is it means it is time to start fresh!

Also thinking about my Word for the Year. Nuff for now! Gotta run! More later.