2015 - HHP - Week 6 - Wardrobe Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Do as I say, not as I do! LOL

Never get so busy pulling everything out at once that you mix the keep and donate piles. Friday, as I was getting ready to attend my youngest son’s wedding, I realized I’d “donated” the beautiful new dress shoes that went with my dress. Oh well, life goes on and this week I’ll certainly take one drawer at a time and finish before moving on to anything else.

With all of the construction my “winter” clothing is still sitting in the garage on garment racks. DH keeps telling me that he wants to go through his stuff. Hopefully today I can get him to do this.

I want the 4 grandchildren pictured on our Christmas cards. I made them all t-shirts so that part is done.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, Ellen... That one is for the memory books. You had so much going on. Were you going crazy looking for them? I'm sure that someone is going to love those shoes and think that they look brand new.

If it makes you feel better, you aren't the only one who has mixed up the keep and donate pile. My mom recently went shopping and bought some nice outfits for herself. They bag was put in the trunk with the "donate bags." Thus, all bags in the trunk were donated including the new outfits.

I went through my winter clothes/summer clothes. Then I took a bunch of toys and books to the thrift shop today. Dh and I put on the flannel sheets and blankets onto the bed. It's been pretty chilly at night these last few days.

This week's household goals:
Organize my closet and drawers
Help my daughters with their drawers and closet
Organize the hall closet and mudroom closet
Clean the laundry area

Holiday Prep goals:
Record clothing sizes
Pre-holiday wardrobe check
Secret Santa gift ideas
Christmas cards

I hope everyone has a productive week!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'll be out of town this week but hope to do some online shopping if I can. All clothing closets and wardrobes have been decluttered and are in good shape. I need to do some personal shopping to replace several items. Some can be done online but most will need to be done when I return. Relatives coming so I'll be motivated to move quickly on the Catch-Up items.

Week 6:
Complete my wardrobe shopping list. Purchase as I can find time to get to town.
Check DS's winter coat and boots needs.

Catch-up needed:
Update calendars & sync iPhones
Copy Christmas list from Excel to an app and back it up
Stocking Stuffers
Halloween Costumes -- One decided. One to go.
Start Christmas Cards
Marie Kondo "Paper Declutter" - Keep going.
Guest Room - Pick up Elfa shelf once it comes in and install so can finish the room.
Gift Closet / Attic -- Hang skis and finish up.
Fall & Halloween Decor up - Finish up.
Bedspreads - Order these.

(I'll make another comment on how everything I have Marie Kondo'ed has stayed that way. Gives me hope for my desk!)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The laundry area is in the basement. I started on that area today but then saw the disarray the basement is in and decided that I really should tackle that too. It's been a chaotic year and the basement shows. (It's also where the wrapping and gifts are stored. I want that in better order than it is now.) Snow boots are together and snow pants are hanging up now. I found more unused toys that are being put in bags for the thrift store.

Because of flooding issues, many things are in Rubbermaid Totes and they are scattered through out the basement. I want to organize them together again according to category: Fall, Spring, Clothes, etc.

I can see this will be a busy week for me.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Quite a few things to get done here as well- but not able to start until tomorrow when DS is back at school!

I need to finish sorting my wardrobe and get the winter clothes away!
DS's wardrobe needs a quick check but we did it fully a short while ago so should not be too bad.

The Laundry is pretty good- needs a detialed scrub but not in bad shape.

Christmas prep will really ramp up for me this week as DS is back at school and I can get stuff done without him being here- he seems to just KNOW when I want to check gifts etc and he hangs around watching!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Household
I got through the drawers and closets today. I found some more toys to donate. Next thing to go through are books.

Holiday Prep
Secret Santa gift ideas are done
Worked on pre-holiday wardrobe check

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This week I have stuff I can do!!

We have put away the summer shoes and most of the clothes. I have a few pairs of capris that I am still wearing. I have a pile of t-shirts I need to try on to see if they fit or are in good condition.

We have pulled out the fall/winter stuff - shoes, coats, hats & gloves. I need to make a master list of what we need and start checking the sales.

Still can't find one single store with boxed Christmas cards out yet. I may have to order some online.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel, I ended up ordering some cards online a couple of weeks ago. I had a hard time finding something I liked after Christmas last year. I forgot until I looked for them a few weeks back. I hope to get to writing out some tomorrow.

I finished up the Great Extended Laundry Area clean out. It's not perfect but it is much better than before. I filled the trunk of the mini van with more items for the thrift store and delivered them this afternoon.

Tomorrow's goal is to go through the mud room and hall closets. I'd like to bring extra coat hangers into the hall closet. We entertain a few times from Thanksgiving until New Year's Eve.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I just ordered cards online. I have never done that before.

Can't wait to get them!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have cleaned my wardrobe! Took everything out and tossed what I don't like or wear. I did not throw out too much as I usually like and wear what I have.
Threw out a few t-shirts that were mis-shapen and past their prime.

Bought 3 new work shirts, 1 pair of trousers and 2 maxi dresses, and 1 party dress (all on sale).
Popped what I will need for Winter '16 in the planner. At this stage I just need a beige or neutral colour cardigan and a new pair of Winter work shoes. I need a new pair of slippers which I will get for Mother's day in May, and 1-2 pairs of sweat pants for around the house. Not bad really.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great job, Katrina! I never thought about writing down what I will need in my planner. That's a great idea. It may even help with ideas for my Christmas gifts and birthday gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I find that if I write it down now I buy exactly what I need when I see it.
I keep a copy of the lists in a notebook in my hand bag and then I know exactly what I need and it prevents over shopping.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I keep lists in my phone and different lists in a notebook. I'm learning I do better with some things in hardcopy format. I keep the wardrobe list in my phone but now that I'm reading this I think maybe I need to change that over to the notebook. Its one of those that gets "forest for the trees" for me. I'll walk into a store, see a whole bunch of neat ideas and POOF, all my focus scatters to the wind. The hardcopy really helps me focus.